Pattaya Sunday Lunch Reccomendation....

properperson

In the 3 years i've lived in Pattaya, i've eaten a fair few sunday lunches - some good - some not so good (and a few bleedin horrible)...

On a friend's recommendation - i today tried "Gregg's Kitchen" (2nd Road, just before Dolphin Island - in the "Drinking Street" complex).

I went for their roast Lamb sunday roast....

Easily the best sunday lunch i've had in Pattaya - and at 295 B felt like good VFM (Beef and Pork was 250 B)...

Lamb - cooked to perfection, very tender and flavoursome

Roast spuds - nice and crispy, fluffy inside, lovely flavour.

Vegies - perfect flavour and perfectly cooked - the carrots actually tasted like carrots.

Gravy / mint sause - again perfect...

My g/f had Thai food and said it was the best Thai food she has eaten in a "Ferang" restaurant...

The owner (Greg, i assume) was very friendly and attentive...

Overall a 9.5 / 10 - would definitely return...

And before the "he's yer mate" gang start piping up - i am nothing to do with the place and had not met him before today - just wanted to share a decent dining experience...

• Like 1

As a single guy I used to frequent the old Greggs and the meals were always good.

Since acquiring a wife and kid the old location and new have been difficult to access because of the lack of parking but it's good to hear that it's still good after 18 years.

As a single guy I used to frequent the old Greggs and the meals were always good.

Since acquiring a wife and kid the old location and new have been difficult to access because of the lack of parking but it's good to hear that it's still good after 18 years.

Surely you can park on drinking street. Lots of parking at the top of the street.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Without a doubt that honour goes to Caddy Shack. Sunday lunch special is home made soup of the day, beef, pork or chicken with roast potatoes, mash, veg and big yorkshire with gravy. Dessert usually consists of ice cream and (only bad part) tinned fruit. All for 245 Baht. And no, my only connection is as a very satisfied customer. all within air conditioned premises, unless you sit outside and attentive staff

Has anyone tried the Sunday Brunch at Hilton? It's over 1000 baht, so imagine it should be very good.

I went and looked at it one day. Like the evening buffet (which I have also looked at several times) it is very good but I dont think that either justify the extra cost over the price of the weekday lunchtime one.

Much of the extra they charge is just for going on Sunday or in the evening, but as I dont work I dont care when I go.

Without a doubt that honour goes to Caddy Shack. Sunday lunch special is home made soup of the day, beef, pork or chicken with roast potatoes, mash, veg and big yorkshire with gravy. Dessert usually consists of ice cream and (only bad part) tinned fruit. All for 245 Baht. And no, my only connection is as a very satisfied customer. all within air conditioned premises, unless you sit outside and attentive staff

I'll give this a go.

Try "Punch and Judy Pub" almost opposite "The Caddy Shack". The Sunday roast menu also includes a "trio of meats"....... pork, chicken and lamb.

My opinion is the 2 best Sunday lunches on this side of town, are Punch and Judy, and Tara Court (Pratumnak). But each is approx 100 baht more expensive than Caddy Shack.

I dont live pattaya only visit. So not much experience. But the place I like is robins nest.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Where is Robin's Nest? What do you get and now much is it?

Try "Punch and Judy Pub" almost opposite "The Caddy Shack". The Sunday roast menu also includes a "trio of meats"....... pork, chicken and lamb.

My opinion is the 2 best Sunday lunches on this side of town, are Punch and Judy, and Tara Court (Pratumnak). But each is approx 100 baht more expensive than Caddy Shack.

Where is Punch and Judy? Can you give us an idea of what you get for Sunday lunch at these places?

I dont live pattaya only visit. So not much experience. But the place I like is robins nest.

Soi diana near soi bukhow. Its a 3 course carvery Its 250b.

Just noticed on the website its under new management so can't say what its like now.

http://robinsnestpattaya.com/food-drink/

Just noticed on the website its under new management so can't say what its like now.

http://robinsnestpat...com/food-drink/

Thanks! It looks OK. They have a huge menu. 249 baht for a buffet carvery is good value. At Caddy Shack you get only one serving for that. How was the meat?

http://robinsnestpat...com/food-drink/

Thanks! It looks OK. They have a huge menu. 249 baht for a buffet carvery is good value. At Caddy Shack you get only one serving for that. How was the meat?

Generally good. But I do not get to eat beef etc to often as I live in the wilderness so pretty much anything is good:D

I think its ok for the money.

Robin's nest i would give a wide berth.

Do yourself a favour and go around the corner to 18 coins. Far better imho.

I will give it a try. But the 4 or 5 times I have been to RN its been ok.

As I said they have a new website which says under new management. Dunno if that's true

Where is Punch and Judy? Can you give us an idea of what you get for Sunday lunch at these places?

Theprasit Soi 8, see http://punchandjudy.co.th/

Sunday lunch is good, 295 Baht for the trio - Beef, Lamb and Pork, with roast and mash spuds, 3 or 4 veg, yorkshire, stuffing, sausages in bacon, decent gravy. Volume of meat seems to depends on how busy they are - its always enough but on a quiet Sunday then it can be quite a feast.

Theprasit Soi 8, see http://punchandjudy.co.th/

Sunday lunch is good, 295 Baht for the trio - Beef, Lamb and Pork, with roast and mash spuds, 3 or 4 veg, yorkshire, stuffing, sausages in bacon, decent gravy. Volume of meat seems to depends on how busy they are - its always enough but on a quiet Sunday then it can be quite a feast.

Thanks!

Been to many as my wife likes Euro not Thai food.

We visit and for our best we both Vote for 18 Coins hands down.

For a nice Roast on Sunday it is the best in Pattaya for us anyway.

Great atmosphere also.