Is Pattaya The Most Convenient City In The World?

MrZM

Food, sex, and booze is all within earshot here. It's why I love Pattaya so much.

Thailand is my favorite country in the world and Pattaya is my favorite city in Thailand. I've lived here for years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. As you can see I really love this place.

+1

All we need is a decent gym to replace California Wow and Pattaya will be perfect.laugh.png

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food, sex, and booze is all within earshot here. It's why I love Pattaya so much.

Thailand is my favorite country in the world and Pattaya is my favorite city in Thailand. I've lived here for years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. As you can see I really love this place.

+1

All we need is a decent gym to replace California Wow and Pattaya will be perfect.laugh.png

100% agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
What does Pattaya have that Phuket doesn't?

Quick motorway access to BKK ? No tsunamis ? Parking places ?

If only they'd get the Internet online payment systems in order, location would mean little in Thailand, EMS is 2-3 days. In the meanwhile, yes Pattaya is quite convenient, that's one large part of the reason I chose to live here.

A convenient location. Flying out of country requires an extra flight. Just going to the Embassy in Bangkok would require an expensive flight not to mention transfers to and from airport at both ends.

I think the weather is better here. Not as hot and not as much rain in the monsoon season. Roads are way better. I hated driving in Phuket. Shopping is much better, and easier. If you can't find what you want, Bangkok is only a few hours away. Prices here are much cheaper. More permanent expats. I felt like Phuket was more of a holiday town. Many expats leaving when the weather starts to turn.

Plus, Pattaya is convenient if you want to travel around. Relatively easy to explore this part of Thailand.

But, the beaches here are nothing like those in Phuket. When the weather's nice.

You aint travelled much then coz LAS Vegas is way better than pattaya.. Everything pattaya has vegas has and more

Comparing Las Vegas to Pattaya is like comparing oranges to apples. Las Vegas is nothing but a big, plastic Disneyland for adults. (I suppose ok for Americns that are afraid to travel abroad or to mix with a different culture).

• Like 1

You aint travelled much then coz LAS Vegas is way better than pattaya.. Everything pattaya has vegas has and more

Comparing Las Vegas to Pattaya is like comparing oranges to apples. Las Vegas is nothing but a big, plastic Disneyland for adults. (I suppose ok for Americns that are afraid to travel abroad or to mix with a different culture).

Pattaya is nothing like Vegas. I'm no fan of Vegas, but then I don't gamble.

Saying it's for American's afraid to travel is a ridiculous statement. Why travel to Macau when you are in Los Angles? Or anywhere in the US for that matter. Vegas is better anyway.

Almost 20% of visitors are from foreign countries. The big 3 are the UK, Canada and Mexico. Asia is growing rapidly.

I think the weather is better here. Not as hot and not as much rain in the monsoon season. Roads are way better. I hated driving in Phuket. Shopping is much better, and easier. If you can't find what you want, Bangkok is only a few hours away. Prices here are much cheaper. More permanent expats. I felt like Phuket was more of a holiday town. Many expats leaving when the weather starts to turn.

Plus, Pattaya is convenient if you want to travel around. Relatively easy to explore this part of Thailand.

But, the beaches here are nothing like those in Phuket. When the weather's nice.

That settles it then. I'll stay here.biggrin.png

We want to relax , eat well Asian & Euro , have a good laugh at a decent bar / Restaraunt , use the net when I have to , get cheap flights throughout Asia when we need to travel, have the convenience of cheap local Taxi/ transport, enjoy a pedicure and manicure whenever we want , live economically without stinting on pleasures ,etc . etc.

Can we do that in Pattaya .....You Bet !

Most convenient in the World ? ..... No .....BUT We absolutely enjoy what it has to offer that we want to use & experience from conviviality to Zip Lining .

2 - 3 months a year since 1985 we stay and lap it up . Love it but am not blinkered ( my first solo visit was 1968 - a little different then )

ph34r.png

Harassing Lady Boys?

The most valid reply so far. laugh.png

I never get harassed by lady boys. I just say no and that's the end of it. What happens with you guys? Do they chase you around?

Harassing Lady Boys?

I never get harassed by lady boys. I just say no and that's the end of it. What happens with you guys? Do they chase you around?

Ha Ha! that's quite funny Tropo, visualising LB's chasing farangs around, i agree in what you say though if your firm and just say no

to them they always back off, never had a problem with them in all the years i've lived here.

If you try to interact with them though, you could be asking for trouble.

Answering the title directly I would say yes Pattaya is convenient but it has a few problems. The first is that darn taxi ride from the airport. After flying for several hours that hour and a quarter taxi ride really takes it out of me.

As for Pattaya, once there it is a top place. I have spent time in several different locations in Asia but Pattaya always comes out in front. It rains least of all here, just spent 2 weeks in the Philippines and it poured everyday. As the OP says, everything else is just there and it is not expensive, it makes it 20 years of repeat visits for me despite that taxi ride from the airport!

FYI they opened a new airport in 2007 so Pattaya is now only about 70 - 90 minutes from the airport.laugh.png

Yes I know but I did say an "hour and a quarter" which is of course 75 minutes.whistling.gif

Sorry, I missed that. wai.gif

FYI they opened a new airport in 2007 so Pattaya is now only about 70 - 90 minutes from the airport.laugh.png

After they opened the extension of road #7, it's easily less than an hour on the motorway. Sri Racha was always a pain before.

Harassing Lady Boys?

I blow them sweet kisses as I walk by.

Walking Street, iBar/Insomnia, bars with still ok prices and a rainy season that doesn't last half the year :P

Edited by yoslim

Walking Street, iBar/Insomnia, bars with still ok prices and a rainy season that doesn't last half the year tongue.png

Insomnia is a bar with OK prices? Surely you jest?

Walking Street, iBar/Insomnia, bars with still ok prices and a rainy season that doesn't last half the year tongue.png

Insomnia is a bar with OK prices? Surely you jest?

no but insomnia drink price are ok imo if you have the discount card for a disco filled with FL's. I was refering to the 50baht beer bars around town.

• 3 weeks later...

What I like with Pattaya is that it consist of many small "communities. I have been staying in South Pattaya a lot of times. Always at the same place. You get to know the people working there,the motorbike taxis, shop owners,restaurant owners etc I know the name of many of them and they know my name. Almost like a small village. After a 10 minutes walk You are in the middle of all the action ! Walking Street, Second Road You name it! That's what I like with Pattaya.

• Like 1

After they opened the extension of road #7, it's easily less than an hour on the motorway. Sri Racha was always a pain before.

Yep. Usually very quick. Last 3 trips I arrived during the day and took Bell Bus. Can't beat the price. I like being able to look out the window and see some of the countryside. I only have a carry on bag so bus is easy and cheap. Once at the Pattaya Bus Station, sometimes I just walk over to where I stay or flag a motor taxi to save time. If I am going to the other side of town then of course take the free mini van drop off.