Driving License Renewal, New Policy.

New rules.

You must renew your license only between 8.20-10.00 AM.

Doctor certificate now longer necessary.

Apparently many doctors did not make an eye exam and now everyone has to pass eye exam at motor office.

New rules.

Apparently many doctors did not make an eye exam and now everyone has to pass eye exam at motor office.

Is that same eye test that if you are colour blind you are basically screwed

New rules.

Is that same eye test that if you are colour blind you are basically screwed

yes.

I can't see any new changes in the info listed above; it's been that way for more than a year.

Three months ago my wife renewed at 15.00 PM and was not required an eye exam but needed an doctors certificate.

That was the same procedure for me 5 years ago, but not today.

I can't see any new changes in the info listed above; it's been that way for more than a year.

Three months ago my wife renewed at 15.00 PM and was not required an eye exam but needed an doctors certificate.

I mentioned back in March, that this was the requirement & the time slot.. But back then you needed the doctor's certificate.

As for renewing at 15.00 PM ,I took your advice & went, told to come in the designated hours.

That must have been an odd one, extended to a Thai citizen, as it was never extended to foreigners, only in the morning, tests & renewals.

By the way that morning rule has been in since I first got my licence that's 8 years, doctors certificate requirement comes & goes.

Please indicate the location of the above renewal office, because renewal procedures can be different in other offices.

I've renewed my driving license yesterday in Pattaya. Well prepared with doctor's certificate, but they returned it to me - not required. Color blind test, reaction test and this test where you have to align two bars was made. And then one full hour of watching a video about street situations. Because I arrived short before 10 o'clock by chance, I can't say anything about a time window.

Please indicate the location of the above renewal office, because renewal procedures can be different in other offices.

Samui forum / Samui office.