Ala Turca - Turkish Restaurant

AlaTurca

We are expanding and want to establish new restaurant. We are looking for a nice A1 location premises!

If you are able to assist us in acquiring a new premises we will pay you good commission.

phone number 081 - 60 30 880

The first one was on the soi beside (Carrefour) Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang.

Actually, the first one was off 2nd road between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya North. Maybe before your time. They're in Royal Garden food court now, I think.
  • Like 1

The first one was on the soi beside (Carrefour) Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang.

Actually, the first one was off 2nd road between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya North. Maybe before your time. They're in Royal Garden food court now, I think.

The first last one was on the soi beside (Carrefour) Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang.

cool.png

The very first one was situated in 'The Market'which was a very nice mix of shopping/restaurant/entertainment area, but now is home to an eyesore of a not completed building of whatever it was meant to be on second road past soi 6 and before the macdonalds. Went there for dinner one night as I love turkish food, only to be told full because have many tour groups tonight! Ordered takeaway once, but never again, never even been tempted to try any of their new locations since.

" A la Turca " is located in " Royal Garden Plaza " at the Beach Road !

I was there yesterday and very very delicious food !!

I ate about three times at their original location, so this is old news. Back then, I found their portions too small, their prices too high, and the flavor not comparing to good Turkish food I had in Turkey. I suggest for people who like Turkish food they will probably also like Greek food, and to at least try Pattayanis to compare the experiences. (Pattayanis, large portions, friendly prices, authentic tasting Greek food.)

I ate about three times at their original location, so this is old news. Back then, I found their portions too small, their prices too high, and the flavor not comparing to good Turkish food I had in Turkey. I suggest for people who like Turkish food they will probably also like Greek food, and to at least try Pattayanis to compare the experiences. (Pattayanis, large portions, friendly prices, authentic tasting Greek food.)

Can you give some info on location for pattayanis.

thxs.

thxs.

It's located about 100m from Soi Bukaow down Soi 21 (north side) towards 3rd road. You can read about it here:

I want to back off a little from my last comment about A La Turca. It ate there LONG AGO. At a location most expats probably don't even remember. That doesn't mean it would be the same experience NOW. So I don't mean at all that people shouldn't check out today's A La Turca for themselves. As should I.

I want to back off a little from my last comment about A La Turca. It ate there LONG AGO. At a location most expats probably don't even remember. That doesn't mean it would be the same experience NOW. So I don't mean at all that people shouldn't check out today's A La Turca for themselves. As should I.

thxs.

Jingthing,

are you the owner or marketing staff from Greek restaurant Pattayanis wink.png ? i tried many times Greek food, but the food are dry and i think Greek food does not comply with European taste !! I do not accept your opinion that Turkish and Greek food are similar !

I understand " AlaTurca" want to expand and looking for new location , if they are not so good, " just like you said " how they can expand tell me ?? so stop to make a advertising about your restaurant ! biggrin.png hehe

Jingthing,

are you the owner or marketing staff from Greek restaurant Pattayanis wink.png ? i tried many times Greek food, but the food are dry and i think Greek food does not comply with European taste !! I do not accept your opinion that Turkish and Greek food are similar !

I understand " AlaTurca" want to expand and looking for new location , if they are not so good, " just like you said " how they can expand tell me ?? so stop to make a advertising about your restaurant ! biggrin.png hehe

Hold your horses and don't get your panties in a twist.

1. I am not the owner of marketing director of ANY restaurant. And that includes the most wonderful and charming PAO on Pattaya Klang.

2. I bet anyone that Pattayanis has the best moussaka in town. While it is the only Greek place in town, there are a number of places which do offer the dish either on the menu or as a special. No Pattayanis isn't world class Greek food, on that I would agree, but they are doing well for Thailand. There is a Turkish version of Moussaka of course, Musakka, and I do recall having something like that (again YEARS ago so not really relevant for today) at the original A La Turca and being quite underwhelmed. I am not saying they are not good ... NOW, or that many people don't love their food. On the current food at A La Turca, I have NO impression at all. However, I reject that just because a restaurant is successful commercially that automatically means they have exceptional food. That's silly. Does McDonalds have the best hamburgers in town? Not even close.

3. Food tastes are subjective. I am only saying my personal opinions and I always encourage people to try for themselves and also of course to post their personal opinions on the board as well. This is forum to share information and perceptions.

4. Yes, absolutely, Turkish food and Greek food are closely related. I don't care about the age old conflicts between Greece and Turkey here, their FOOD is similar, and that is an objective fact. Please note well. Not the same. Similar.

BTW, in my limited experience of Turkish food in Turkey one difference I did notice is that a number of Turkish recipes use MARGARINE where in Greece they would use olive oil. Personally I think margarine is an undesirable (and unhealthy) ingredient which is one reason I personally favor Greek food over Turkish in general. I am not imagining this margarine thing. I even bought a Turkish cookbook and lots of the recipes used margarine. I have no idea if A La Turca uses margarine in some of their dishes, but that would be a culinary question I would be curious about and perhaps other potential customers as well.

I visited Turkey and managed to have a good view of their local foods. In this trip other than visiting places like Ayia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern I was really happy to see that there are no main differences between the Greek food and Turkish food. To be honest, I didn’t have to travel all the way to Istanbul to learn that, but it was nice to see it and taste it myself.

http://www.thegreekf...s-turkish-food/

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you for a very informative message. I am glad to hear that the management and menu are totally different from my historical experiences with the old A La Turca and I will be very pleased to try your current and potential future locations. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Dear Friends,

First of all i want to thank all of you,who have quoted on our Forum site.

I have followed to all comments with very big interest,and wanted to add some spices as well to the discussions.

Before i start i must mention that A La Turca was taken over by us only 1 year ago,so all the management and team was changed at that time.With the new team and new enthusiasm we changed almost all of our ingredients and also the menu.

To mamanoodle: I am very sorry what you have experienced at A La Turca in the past,even it was not under our management,it was still the same brand.Therefore i would like to invite you to come to eat at us,of course on the house:) Whenever you would like to come just inform me as i will greet you myself and offer you the best what we have.

The discussion about Greek food and Turkish food: They are definitely similar,as both countries are neighbours and of course they have effected each other.But that counts more for the food which comes from the western part of Turkey. But at A La Turca we serve mostly all kinds of kebaps and mezes,which is more the food from the middle and eastern part of Turkey. But the reason also why we are looking for a new place is,that we definitely want to serve all kinds of turkish food,which we cannot do inside Royal Garden Foodwave. Therefore whenever i am craving for Moussakka i will definitely go to Pattanayanis and try it there.I hope the owner of that restaurant will come also to try our food,so we can have also the chance to exchange experiences. Actually there is no BAD KITCHEN,there are only bad restaurants and bad cooks.Every kitchen of every country which is prepared in a proper way by a talented cook deserves to be eaten and enjoyed.

For that I am really confident that we serve the best Turkish food in Thailand,i hope everyone here will give it a try.

Harun Isikmen

Partner

081-9205580

Sounds very good... best of luck!

• Like 2

Greek and Leabonese are nowhere near alike. Maybe a few similar dips but apart from that the food, taste and concept of the dishes are totally different. Cant really compare it to turkish, the only turkish food I have eaten is at 2am after a night out on the booze and it consisted of rubbish pizza and bland kebabs. Good old england!