Pattaya'S New 3D Art Museum

cathy211

Of course in typical Thai reporting fashion the story does not say where it is..... sad.png

Art in Paradise Open daily from9amto 9pm. Entrance fees for Thais are 150 baht (adult) and 100 baht (child). For foreigners, the fees are 500 and 300 baht, respectively. Call 038-424-500
Edited by Jayman

Shameless TRIPLE (plus) pricing!

Thailand should grow up and make that illegal. It reflects poorly on Thailand and Thais.

Having a Thai dl I appreciate the discount.

There is nothing to justify a private company charging ex-pats and foreign tourists three times plus the Thai rate, they don't realise, or care, that this greedy policy will lose them customers.

A mate of mine went a few days ago, he has a Thai dl, and was still quoted the higher price for admission.

Edited by theoldgit

Shameless TRIPLE (plus) pricing!

Thailand should grow up and make that illegal. It reflects poorly on Thailand and Thais.

Having a Thai dl I appreciate the discount.

There is nothing to justify a private company charging ex-pats and foreign tourists three times plus the Thai rate, they don't realise, or care, that this greedy policy will lose them customers.

A mate of mine went a few days ago, he has a Thai dl, and was still quoted the higher price for admission.

well then I'd never......

Every tourist spot I know of in pattaya has tiered pricing. Just how it goes when the places want to really charge the higher price but know the local Thais can't/won't pay that and still want the business from them. I know it just seems so unfair and I'm sure there have been countless threads on it. Fact is that nearly everywhere I lived in the world practices this. I moved here from las Vegas where this was the norm. Never heard do many complaining and there the locals paid nothing.

Yes I was there recently, I took my wife and kid there last Saturday and were inside for about 3 hours, we actually lost track of time. Great idea and good fun. Inside is comfortably air conditioned too.

Cost - Thai adult is 150 Baht, foreigner living in Thailand is also 150 Baht (take drivers license or other proof), kids are 100 Baht. There is of course tourist price also.

Location - Its in North Pattaya, if you come along 2nd Road, pass Big C and then the Shell petrol station on the right, you can drive into that soi (I think Soi 1) on the right and its the building just after the small shops on the left. If by foot, just walk off 2nd road through the sheltered shops, sorry I forget the name of the shops.

Sunshinegirl already gave the correct address, that's what's on the ticket I have. Tel:038-424-500, also says open from 9am - 9pm.

Some thoughts after being there with my family and also seeing others there;

The more people you go with the better, as you can ask friends to make photos of you interacting with the artwork which is essentially the purpose of this trick artwork gallery.

Pay your ticket and go in, you automatically head left to the entrance to the gallery, but on the right is the snacks and drinks area, albeit still not 100% finished yet, it only recently opened after all. Our idea was to go later in the afternoon, then have food afterwards, but actually we were in there for much longer than we expected and started to feel hungry near the end. Obviously no food / drink facilities within the gallery itself.

Obviously you'll want to take your camera to make photos. They have a sign out front that says don't use flash, the reason for this is that the trick artwork is painted on the walls and a camera flash will bounce off the artwork paint and cause shiny effects or blown out white spots from the flash light, so turn your flash off. Having no flash also makes the artwork and effect more realistic. The thing with this is that you rely on the lighting provided by the gallery, which on a few pictures isn't that great, but mostly were okay. Just keep a steady hand when taking the photo and whoever poses at the artwork to keep still if possible.

Next to each artwork is a little photo card giving an example of how you can interact with the artwork. There's not just one option though, like us many other people were coming up with some different ideas that worked equally well, made for good fun and laughs also.

We went during the weekend, it wasn't overly busy, but a good amount of people there, so had a wait a few minutes at some artworks to get the photo. This isn't bad actually as you can watch what others do, some quite amusing. I suspect daytime week days will be less people if that's what you want.

One thing I noticed is that a small number of artwork is painted on both the wall and the floor, however the floor can get dirty as people walk over it, so the effect isn't as realistic, but still not bad.

So, would I take my friends there or recommend it to others, absolutely yes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took the whole family to art in paradise tonight. Everyone loved it. The place is huge and was also a bit packed. Many Chinese tourists just in the way of trying to take pictures. They seem to have a very low awareness of what's going on around them.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet when there is a shortage of cooking oil, the will arrest Thais who raise the price for the locals by even a few baht.

Love this place.

Huh? Oil? This is a museum. Not sure what that has to do with cooking oil.