Suzuki Sv650 Prices In Thailand?

KRS1

Why not import like redbaron or pattaya super bikes. The key is a license to assemble motorbikes in thailand. I honestly dont know how much the permit is or if you can still get one. As far as i can tell this is the o.ly way to import and obtain a proper green book. Maybe someone who knows more can elaborate.

That is an awesome idea, if it really exist....i know someone i can ask, but i have to make a long distance call and get the timing right, so dont hold your breath.

someone who knows more is already on this thread, but they're not going to be elaborating...they're just going to try and scare people off for his own benefit.

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi KRS1 does that stand for Kawasaki RS biggrin.png

See your going on to other things but I agree that the SV 650 is a great bike, not necessary agree that they are any better than many other bikes in what they are classed in, bikes that we like become personal machines as any biker knows there can be many differences in so many ways and that is what makes biking so interesting.

Edited by Kwasaki

Hi KRS1 what's stand for Kawasaki RS biggrin.png

I agree that the SV 650 is a great bike but I don't agree that they are any better than the Verseys every bike is different in some way and that is what make makes biking and bikers so interesting and also their personal choices.

to me the handling and seating positions between the kawasaki 650's and the SV 650 are totally differently, the kawa 650 is like riding on an armchair, and because your so far back, the front fairing feels like a big nose sticking out, blocking partial view of whats immediately in front of you.

The seating position reminds me of my old kawa ZX150, upright with arms wide apart.

The SV 650 is more forward, narrower and more aggressive readying you in anticipation of the next turn, like its ready for attack, the kawa 650 feels like its vulnerable to get attacked...lol....The windscreen, nose doesnt obstruct the view at all, and when actually riding the bike gives the illusion thats its actually smaller than both a CBR 250 and Ninja 250, although its actually much larger.

I knew this bike was for me before i even got down to the end of the block.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

Why not import like redbaron or pattaya super bikes. The key is a license to assemble motorbikes in thailand. I honestly dont know how much the permit is or if you can still get one. As far as i can tell this is the o.ly way to import and obtain a proper green book. Maybe someone who knows more can elaborate.

That is an awesome idea, if it really exist....i know someone i can ask, but i have to make a long distance call and get the timing right, so dont hold your breath.

someone who knows more is already on this thread, but they're not going to be elaborating...they're just going to try and scare people off for his own benefit.

Do you know Jay/Jamie who imports dirtbikes he seems to be expanding and offering a service like this if you don't I will send the web page link

Do you know Jay/Jamie who imports dirtbikes he seems to be expanding and offering a service like this if you don't I will send the web page link

send PM please, but with dirtbikes i dont think people worry about registration books? ....im not sure

Dear KSR1,

Even if we forget the new government rules for a moment, and try to import your motorcycle with the old rules you end up with a motorcycle which costs so much that you can also buy a new 100% legal and registered GSX-R600, Yamaha FZ8 or Ducati Monster 795...

First you state that you can get the Suzuki SV650 for US$ 4275 (what is roughly 132,525 THB), 80% import duty of 132,525 THB is 106,020 THB which makes 235,545 THB, 30% excise tax from 235,525 THB is 104,115 THB the interior tax on the excise tax is 10% which makes 10,411 THB which makes the base value for your motorcycle 350,071 THB the regular 7% sales tax is 24,505 THB so your end price of your motorcycle is 374,576 THB

Of course this calculation is completely imaginary as you need to obtain an import permit from the Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Commerce, telephone +66 (0)2-5474804, and because your vehicle weighs less than 3500kg you need an import permit from the Industrial Standard Institute (telephone +66 (0)2-2023331) as well.

Also in this calculation I did not include the transport cost, the value of the motorcycle was under the old rules based on the CIF value.

Anyway, lets continue our imaginary import, we now have a motorcycle with a value of 374,576 THB which we need to send for environmental/exhaust emission testing which if the bike pass in one time will cost us about 50,000 THB. With all the paperwork we need to take the day off and visit the Department of Land Transport to get the Suzuki SV650 registered it will cost you about 60,000 THB. So to get the bike registered if will cost you about 110,000 THB.

So you're now a happy biker in Thailand having paid 484,575 THB. (Off course this will only work if you get all the paperwork. I included the telephone numbers from the departments from which you need an import permit. And please be aware that a simple yes or no is not easy to get...)

If you want to setup a company, of which you cannot be the owner for more than 49%, to assemble your motorcycle in Thailand, you probably need to add a few million (company office, salary for mechanics, company registration, etc... etc) to the cost of getting the motorcycle into the country. Also you need to be in business for at least 6 months.

Dear KSR1,

Even if we forget the new government rules for a moment, and try to import your motorcycle with the old rules you end up with a motorcycle which costs so much that you can also buy a new 100% legal and registered GSX-R600, Yamaha FZ8 or Ducati Monster 795...

First you state that you can get the Suzuki SV650 for US$ 4275 (what is roughly 132,525 THB), 80% import duty of 132,525 THB is 106,020 THB which makes 235,545 THB, 30% excise tax from 235,525 THB is 104,115 THB the interior tax on the excise tax is 10% which makes 10,411 THB which makes the base value for your motorcycle 350,071 THB the regular 7% sales tax is 24,505 THB so your end price of your motorcycle is 374,576 THB

Of course this calculation is completely imaginary as you need to obtain an import permit from the Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Commerce, telephone +66 (0)2-5474804, and because your vehicle weighs less than 3500kg you need an import permit from the Industrial Standard Institute (telephone +66 (0)2-2023331) as well.

Also in this calculation I did not include the transport cost, the value of the motorcycle was under the old rules based on the CIF value.

Anyway, lets continue our imaginary import, we now have a motorcycle with a value of 374,576 THB which we need to send for environmental/exhaust emission testing which if the bike pass in one time will cost us about 50,000 THB. With all the paperwork we need to take the day off and visit the Department of Land Transport to get the Suzuki SV650 registered it will cost you about 60,000 THB. So to get the bike registered if will cost you about 110,000 THB.

So you're now a happy biker in Thailand having paid 484,575 THB. (Off course this will only work if you get all the paperwork. I included the telephone numbers from the departments from which you need an import permit. And please be aware that a simple yes or no is not easy to get...)

If you want to setup a company, of which you cannot be the owner for more than 49%, to assemble your motorcycle in Thailand, you probably need to add a few million (company office, salary for mechanics, company registration, etc... etc) to the cost of getting the motorcycle into the country. Also you need to be in business for at least 6 months.

what part of ship it as parts and ride without a book did you miss?..

Dear KSR1,

I did not miss that, one side of me is hoping you will import your bike as parts... Please post a picture of it, so when it ends up at a revenue department auction I know I can bid safely on it knowing it was taken care for...

I wouldn't bother with this stuff. If you're going to ride around illegal you might as well get it in the country and visa run it, border run every 6 months....

As for whether or not they'll eventually cash in all the illegal bikes - who knows - there are so many in the north. What has most certainly happened before though are "crackdowns" where all the bikes are confiscated and you have to buy them free at the police station. Happened in Pai when I first got here around 7 years ago. Hundreds of bikes were locked in front of the police station... quite the sight.

Dear KSR1,

I did not miss that, one side of me is hoping you will import your bike as parts... Please post a picture of it, so when it ends up at a revenue department auction I know I can bid safely on it knowing it was taken care for...

Richard, didn't know you were a stand-up comedian, when is your next show?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Dear KSR1,

I would rather send a bike over in parts and reassemble it, then buy one of your Chinese import bikes that will certainly, eventually, and without a doubt break down, leaving me or any rider stranded on the side of the road.

edit : DICK

Edited by KRS1

@richardbkk

Can u post the number for the assenblers licensd/permit. If you know it?

Thanks

Sure I can, you need to contact the Ministry of Commerce +66 (0)2-507-8000, but honestly I don't think you get much information by telephone. You better try the Department of Business Development at +66 (0)2 528 7600.

First you need to know that you need to have a registered company, which already has an import/export license. I'm not sure, everybody seems to be unclear about this, but they say you cannot apply for an import/export license if you're registered as a one-man company. Also having a person on the payroll who is a registered custom agent registered at the Thai Customs Department, a bonded warehouse facility will also help.

Also, and I'm not sure, I think you need to be in business for at least 6 months to apply for license to legally be able to assemble a motor vehicle. Also you need to have the right workforce, with the right proof of education... Uneducated Somchai and his buddies will probably not be enough...

Edited by Richard-BKK

I would rather send a bike over in parts and reassemble it, then buy one of your Chinese import bikes that will certainly, eventually, and without a doubt break down, leaving me or any rider stranded on the side of the road.

Good for you... The point of discussions like this is not to just about you. And I really hope you import your motorcycle be happy with it and you stay out of the hands of the law.

Good for you... The point of discussions like this is not to just about you. And I really hope you import your motorcycle be happy with it and you stay out of the hands of the law.

Oh yeah so the point of this discussion is to be crass and rude and also be a tremendous dick right?..wanting my bike to get seized so you can buy it right?

DICK

Oh yeah so the point of this discussion is to be crass and rude and also be a tremendous dick right?..wanting my bike to get seized so you can buy it right?

DICK

Sure, actually I give you all the information in this thread why not to import the way you want to do it. You even vaguely suggest that I would have benefits of scarring people not to import a motorcycles as parts because somehow I would benefit from it...

The truth is I and likely a few other people (lots of people at a revenue department auction) will in the end benefit from you riding around on an illegal motorcycle... That is the reality of doing something you're considering, calling me a dick for telling you the truth is childish. I did not created the rules nor do I have any influence at any level of government.

But you know as well as I do that rules in Thailand are not enforced as strictly as rules in many other countries. You mention all these permits etc that are required to import bikes legally but there are many people bringing in bikes even to this day without these permits and it will continue for a good while yet. Most of the big bike owners I know are well connected people, often police or government officials, will they have their bikes confiscated?

But you know as well as I do that rules in Thailand are not enforced as strictly as rules in many other countries. You mention all these permits etc that are required to import bikes legally but there are many people bringing in bikes even to this day without these permits and it will continue for a good while yet. Most of the big bike owners I know are well connected people, often police or government officials, will they have their bikes confiscated?

Yes, even as I write this, we will do the clearing of a few motorcycles, and I'm sure a good amount of other companies will keep doing that for a few months.

Why we still able to import motorcycles would you ask. Basically before applying for an import permit toke to much time, we always applied but they actually never came in time to clear customs. The penalty for importing a motorcycle without an import permit was 1,000 THB (which most importers paid...) The side effect of this is that many companies have still a good amount of unused import permits – which are now being used.... Also in the industry the banned on secondhand/used vehicles came not as a surprise and therefore companies that depend on imports applied for huge number of import permits...

Currently the penalty for not having an import permit doesn't exist, so no import permit means no import....

Edited by Richard-BKK

send PM please, but with dirtbikes i dont think people worry about registration books? ....im not sure

Pm sent yes I don't think plates are included but they seem to have a legit company set up and are importing a lot of bikes I'm sure he will give you all the info you need

@richardbkk thank i beleve that info is valuable if this will obtain a permit. Of course for the individual it may not be economical.

There is a reason that some shops have green books with page 18 properly filled out and some dont. I assume they are NOT importing motorcycle and importing parts to assemble. I have seen some of them and they are not stripped in the manor one might think. I would think if you are only importing parts then no import permit needed?

In regards to value. I have imported various things in to thailand. The post office is the worst unless it is a super low value item. Going through air cargo opened my eyes. At first i needed a agent/tout who relieved me of up to 3000 baht....I then learned that you can clear anything yourself although some thai is needed. Also imorting during normal business hours sucks as the wait is rediculous. If you go after hours you have to pay overtime which is well worth it. The value has always been determined by my invoice. The person looking at the invoice does not go a look at your items. Of course this has always been my experience and ymmv. The people inspecting have nothing to do with the value unless they see items not invoiced. I would say 20% of my goods have been inspected.

One more thing you need to get set up in the system. They are computerized and if you are in the system your shippments gets pre-cleared..

Dear KSR1,

funny really richard:) hahah

but KRS 1 man, why are you stubborn on importing your bike here?

I think Richard pressed the right point on what can happen to your bike here which has happened to the others and i do not think so he is being a 'dick' on this.

And, let's say you brought it here successfully but how long can you ride it without any problem? Now authorities are checking more and more on these issues and a bill passed a couple of months ago about a ban on second hand vehicle imports. It means this issue is now hot in Thailand therefore the risk is greater.

The key question here you need to ask yourself : 'Do you really want to risk the confiscation of your shiny bike that you bought with your hard earned money in Thailand?' please enlighten us about your answer to this question.

Edited by loserlazer

Dear KSR1,

Richard above you quote 110,000 bht for emissions test and registration yet on other forums you claim you have a green book for your gpx bike which is only worth 72,000 bht so what are you saying you payed 110,000 to get the green book for it or there are other options or your bikes green book is not legit, or it doesnt really have a book at all,might be wrong but I thought you mentioned a figure of 30,000 for the bookfor the gpx ,so which one is it

Dear KSR1,

Richard above you quote 110,000 bht for emissions test and registration yet on other forums you claim you have a green book for your gpx bike which is only worth 72,000 bht so what are you saying you payed 110,000 to get the green book for it or there are other options or your bikes green book is not legit, or it doesnt really have a book at all,might be wrong but I thought you mentioned a figure of 30,000 for the bookfor the gpx ,so which one is it

Hello Taninthai,

First, the registration of the GPX ZF250 motorcycle I did not do myself. The main reason is that I not want to have a negative result. If we anything would have gone wrong with the registration of the GPX ZF250 I would have had effect on our business (if some one get caught cheating they get extra attention always).

The second thing is that the GPX is a 250cc motorcycle, and the Suzuki SV650 is a 650cc, the register fee for a 250cc is 600 THB, while a rule of thumb for imported big bike's is the engine size, for example a 400cc is 40,000 THB, a 600cc is 60,000 THB and an 800cc around 80,000 THB (I agree it's not always correct but it works most of the time). Also the environmental/exhaust emission test for a smaller than 250cc engine is about 45 minutes (some reported even shorter), while an engine with a bigger than 250cc engine can take 3 to 4 hours.... The extra time to take to test it also reflects in the cost of testing.

Dear KSR1,

Why you call him a dick, because he wants to do everything by the book? sounds better to me then using 15 years worth of "contacs" (read brown nosing and corruption).

if you can't afford a big bike the legal way just buy a cbr 250, currently the best value for money bike here . A second hand er6n is also hard to beat.

You can scheme all you want but getting that bike here legally on thai roads is not going to happen, but it looks like going the legal way is not what you want anyway.

just fly in the bike and get a temp import, extendable up to 6 months and when it end ride to the border for a new temp import. easy,legal and everything. shipping it in to bkk technically should be able get the temp import but apparently it doesnt work

just fly in the bike and get a temp import, extendable up to 6 months, refresh it by riding to the border for a new temp import. easy,legal and everything. shipping it in to bkk technically should be able get the temp import but apparently it doesnt work