Suzuki Sv650 Prices In Thailand?

KRS1

^

you can only do this on a tourist visa if you are on any other visa they will not allow it

where did you get this from? maybe the rules had changed but i did flight in my bike on ed visa with no issues, rode with afew gt riders with non imm visa. for non imm visa holders they actually get 2 months extension each time while i get only a month. that was back in 2009 though, could be dated and you might be right

Edited by barefoot1988

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from someone that done it on another forum i dont think it was that recent though

Temp. importing a Mbike into Thailand through BKK airport

This is an article I wrote a while back about temporary importing a foreign registered motor bike through Bangkok airport, be careful! I wouldn't do it again. Read On:Temp Importing a foreign reg mbike into BKK airportTemporary Importing a foreign registered motorcycle into Thailand through Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, completed this weekExecutive Summary1. Total airfreight cost from Los Angeles,CA, USA to Bangkok airport, 44,200 Baht (the oversized crate box made the total 66,000bht- if the crate was tight on the bike it would have been cheaper).2. You MUST be in Thailand on a Tourist TR Thai visa to be able to complete the temporary importation through Bangkok Airport (not so for drive-in border crossings)3. Highly advise using an agent, would be incredibly hard without one4. It is an all day process to get the temporary import processed5. Bring some gasoline to the airport, say 4 litres6. The bike must be registered in your name in a foreign countryReport on the temporary importI've just completed temporary importing a new Harley Davison 48 (1200 sportster line), which I registered in the USA, in my name, 2 weeks before airfreighting it to Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok.I used the Thai shipping agent i normally use, Nithipat, who works for Fair and Easy shipping agents in bangkok (his email is:[email protected]). I highly recommend using an agent, if there's a problem your bike could get confiscated (ask Wes about this!).There is only 1 senior Thai customs inspector that can sign off on your bike being temp. imported at the airport, she is a lady about 55 years old. If she's away or off sick nothing can get processed until she's back, they're not telling you a line if you hear this. She is a very tough lady, you will not win arguing and raising your voice, you will be shut down.I have temporary imported my KTM into Thailand numerous times, using a Non- "O" , Non Res., Thai immigration visa in my passport at various land border crossings into Thailand, it never crossed my mind that this would be a problem temp. importing at the airport.My agent had a meeting with this lady senior Thai customs inspector and she said that there was no way she was going to issue a temporary import for me for this bike as the temp. import was designed for tourists enjoying a short bike tour in Thailand and to qualify for this you should have a tourist visa in your passport, not a visa that allows you to reside in Thaiand. He argued with her a little, talking about we were going to Laos etc....., this only made her more angry so he backed off. i then met with her and she explained the same thing, now i was getting worried that i might be getting the bike confiscated. One note here, you have 48 hours from the bike being cleared into the bonded free zone, to trans-ship the bike, after that it cannot leave Thailand. I then asked her if I came back with a tourist visa would she process the temp. import she said yes.I quickly drove to the Thai immigration office in Changwattana rd, explained everything, they said fly to a Thai embassy outside thailand and change visa status to "tourist TR". With this knowledge, I drove down to Bangkok airport, jumped on the leaving flight to Phnom Phen, I called my friend Robert who knows Phn Phn well and he arranged a hotel and a car to pick me up from the airport. Next morning off to the Thai Emb in Phn Phn, explained everything, lady took my passport and 6pm i had a tourist TR visa. 8pm, flight back to bangkok, stayed in a hotel, then off to battle at Customs again the next morning.It took all the next day to get the temp import finished, one problem was that the immigration officer hadnt written "TR" on the entry stamp in my passport, so they had to check the visa on the arrival card, no big deal.Once the Thai customs lady had signed off on the temp import, we got our passes for the free zone, got the harley palet, unpacked everything, connected the battery, put some fuel in it and we were all done.Now having temporary imported bikes both by ship and air, I highly recommend sea freight. By air was 50X more stressful, people not friendly, looking to trip you up.One interesting point is that they didnt cancel my Non-O visa or re-entry stamp, so it seems when I come back in through Laos, I'll still be able to use it, so all a big waste of time changing to TR really.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Richard, here is a pic a bike shop here in Thailand posted on facebook today. Another bike imported in parts and they'll be plenty more where this came from!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Let me guess, the Chinese markings suggest that it comes from China so very likely a motorcycle with an engine less than 250cc (which falls under the Thai-Chinese Free-trade..) nothing special. The size of the front forks seem also confirm that it's a small bike (less than 250cc).

Richard, here is a pic a bike shop here in Thailand posted on facebook today. Another bike imported in parts and they'll be plenty more where this came from!

Let me guess, the Chinese markings suggest that it comes from China so very likely a motorcycle with an engine less than 250cc (which falls under the Thai-Chinese Free-trade..) nothing special. The size of the front forks seem also confirm that it's a small bike (less than 250cc).

Sorry, couldn't tell you what it is but their current bikes include an R6, R1, Gixxer 750 & 1000, CBR1000, Ducati Monsters and Hayabusas...don't think they come under the Thai-China free trade agreement!

• Like 1

This is from someone that done it on another forum i dont think it was that recent though

Temp. importing a Mbike into Thailand through BKK airport

This is an article I wrote a while back about temporary importing a foreign registered motor bike through Bangkok airport, be careful! I wouldn't do it again. Read On:Temp Importing a foreign reg mbike into BKK airportTemporary Importing a foreign registered motorcycle into Thailand through Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, completed this weekExecutive Summary1. Total airfreight cost from Los Angeles,CA, USA to Bangkok airport, 44,200 Baht (the oversized crate box made the total 66,000bht- if the crate was tight on the bike it would have been cheaper).2. You MUST be in Thailand on a Tourist TR Thai visa to be able to complete the temporary importation through Bangkok Airport (not so for drive-in border crossings)3. Highly advise using an agent, would be incredibly hard without one4. It is an all day process to get the temporary import processed5. Bring some gasoline to the airport, say 4 litres6. The bike must be registered in your name in a foreign countryReport on the temporary importI've just completed temporary importing a new Harley Davison 48 (1200 sportster line), which I registered in the USA, in my name, 2 weeks before airfreighting it to Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok.I used the Thai shipping agent i normally use, Nithipat, who works for Fair and Easy shipping agents in bangkok (his email is:[email protected]). I highly recommend using an agent, if there's a problem your bike could get confiscated (ask Wes about this!).There is only 1 senior Thai customs inspector that can sign off on your bike being temp. imported at the airport, she is a lady about 55 years old. If she's away or off sick nothing can get processed until she's back, they're not telling you a line if you hear this. She is a very tough lady, you will not win arguing and raising your voice, you will be shut down.I have temporary imported my KTM into Thailand numerous times, using a Non- "O" , Non Res., Thai immigration visa in my passport at various land border crossings into Thailand, it never crossed my mind that this would be a problem temp. importing at the airport.My agent had a meeting with this lady senior Thai customs inspector and she said that there was no way she was going to issue a temporary import for me for this bike as the temp. import was designed for tourists enjoying a short bike tour in Thailand and to qualify for this you should have a tourist visa in your passport, not a visa that allows you to reside in Thaiand. He argued with her a little, talking about we were going to Laos etc....., this only made her more angry so he backed off. i then met with her and she explained the same thing, now i was getting worried that i might be getting the bike confiscated. One note here, you have 48 hours from the bike being cleared into the bonded free zone, to trans-ship the bike, after that it cannot leave Thailand. I then asked her if I came back with a tourist visa would she process the temp. import she said yes.I quickly drove to the Thai immigration office in Changwattana rd, explained everything, they said fly to a Thai embassy outside thailand and change visa status to "tourist TR". With this knowledge, I drove down to Bangkok airport, jumped on the leaving flight to Phnom Phen, I called my friend Robert who knows Phn Phn well and he arranged a hotel and a car to pick me up from the airport. Next morning off to the Thai Emb in Phn Phn, explained everything, lady took my passport and 6pm i had a tourist TR visa. 8pm, flight back to bangkok, stayed in a hotel, then off to battle at Customs again the next morning.It took all the next day to get the temp import finished, one problem was that the immigration officer hadnt written "TR" on the entry stamp in my passport, so they had to check the visa on the arrival card, no big deal.Once the Thai customs lady had signed off on the temp import, we got our passes for the free zone, got the harley palet, unpacked everything, connected the battery, put some fuel in it and we were all done.Now having temporary imported bikes both by ship and air, I highly recommend sea freight. By air was 50X more stressful, people not friendly, looking to trip you up.One interesting point is that they didnt cancel my Non-O visa or re-entry stamp, so it seems when I come back in through Laos, I'll still be able to use it, so all a big waste of time changing to TR really.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

thumbs up for the info. sad to hear the changes, i hope border crossing don't limit to to tourist visa holders as well

Richard, a normal person would have these problems, but im not normal (as many know) and have 15 years worth of contacts, some of which are family.

The bike would only be ridden in the mountains MHS loop, Nan, Samoeng etc...it wouldnt be a city bike.

don't think your hill-billy contacts from Nakhon Nowhere will be of any assistance with customs rolleyes.gif .... really can't understand your facination for an SV 650...generally considered pretty low down the food chain performance wise back home ?

Edited by William Osborne

I think it is safeto say that importing a SV650 is problematic (@ best)...

Might it not be better to havafully registered bine here with a propper insurance just in case you have an accident...

I wish you good luck andi hope you succeed with the paper work- whilst you are ou running around struggling and tearing yourself a new one, i will have countless hours on my er6f...

Ps. I have heard that the versys is super good so chexk that out... Cheap too...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

I dont like being limited to just a few selections that Im forced to buy....never have been a sheep, to just go with the flow and do what everyone else thinks i should do, maybe some of you will realize that. But anyway, my original question was has anyone ever bought one in thailand?

...and william, my contacts are in the port and all family, performance wise its not the fastest bike, im not looking for the fastest bike when are you ever going to use all the power of an R1 off the track? I like this bike because the ergonomics fit me like a glove, has streetable power, is very nimble and will smoke a Ninja 650. I dont really want an inline 4 like the R1 for city traffic, and this bike lane splits like warm butter.

Edited by KRS1

We dont get angry, but we give suggestions andthen you just piss on it!!!

Just a few options of bikes to buy new here..

Honda- yamaha- bmw- kawasaki- ducati-triumph-suzuki- even red baron will give fonace to some people. I am not sure i triumph will do so. The we have ducati...

I understand that you like your bike, andI personaly dont give a shit what you do... So tell me, when do you use all the power of the sv in town? I am sure that a scooter will smoke you there.

Ask for opinions and that is what you get, dont like it? Tough luck...

And to say that the SV is the best bike is just ro shoot yoursel in the foot... Each person likes different things..

Further more- are you in thailand? When will you get here?maybe then you will realize that the days of worryfree illegal bikes are coming to an end... I for one miss my zx12r, but the thought of bein stopped on a trip by a cop who wants my bikemakes the er6f so much bettter... Also the thought i I have an accident that my first class insurance will be there for me...

Get your SV over here- but be aware that no matter who you know- ifyou travel out of their safety net- you liveon borrowed time...

Trip to bangkok- you will pay..

Trip abroad- forget it...

First class insurance- start saving because (lets hope not) if you have an accident it will be expensive...

Do what you want, make your own bed but dont complain when someone takes your bike... Ohh- lets hope it will not be stolen... Good luck!

We dont get angry, but we give suggestions andthen you just piss on it!!!

Just a few options of bikes to buy new here..

Honda- yamaha- bmw- kawasaki- ducati-triumph-suzuki- even red baron will give fonace to some people. I am not sure i triumph will do so. The we have ducati...

I understand that you like your bike, andI personaly dont give a shit what you do... So tell me, when do you use all the power of the sv in town? I am sure that a scooter will smoke you there.

Ask for opinions and that is what you get, dont like it? Tough luck...

And to say that the SV is the best bike is just ro shoot yoursel in the foot... Each person likes different things..

Further more- are you in thailand? When will you get here?maybe then you will realize that the days of worryfree illegal bikes are coming to an end... I for one miss my zx12r, but the thought of bein stopped on a trip by a cop who wants my bikemakes the er6f so much bettter... Also the thought i I have an accident that my first class insurance will be there for me...

Get your SV over here- but be aware that no matter who you know- ifyou travel out of their safety net- you liveon borrowed time...

Trip to bangkok- you will pay..

Trip abroad- forget it...

First class insurance- start saving because (lets hope not) if you have an accident it will be expensive...

Do what you want, make your own bed but dont complain when someone takes your bike... Ohh- lets hope it will not be stolen... Good luck!

DICK # 2

So namecalling huh?

Well, I truly hope that you get your bike of choice over here... That way we can go for a ride to see how fun bikes can be.

Good luck getting the bike registered here- It would be nice to document what you do for future guidelines for us dicks... That way we can learn something.

For me- no, I have never bought a SV here... But TP motorcycle will get you one, and they can register it for you (or so they claim)...

Chill, no need to get upset by a forum, or start calling names... If you dont like what we say, just ignore it...

Good luck with your bike and sorry if I offended you in any ways... But I mean every word (my opinion)...

what a <deleted>..ing nonsense KRS1?

You are asking for advise and then once we do, you name us as DICK?

Just go f... yourself man.

And, if possible go with your <deleted>...ing cheapo low Suzuki please.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

We not need to get emotional with KSR1, he is not normal, he said it himself, so why would we bother ourselves with a foool like him.

We need fools like KSR1 to keep the parts levels in this country at a healthy level so … I surely hope he would import his motorcycle according to his plan and trust his many contact to help him...

Maybe if I can motivate KSR1, take the blue one, I like blue and I'm a bit lazy to paint it when it's in my garage...