Rabies Shots In Hua Hin?

wpcoe

Are there any clinics in HH that would administer the course of rabies innoculations? I was intending to go to Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin, and have been procrastinating, when I read on the Pattaya forum that clinics have the shots for 50% of the price (which is not such a surprise.) Now that the Polyclinic on Petchkasem Road is gone, are there other clinics that might administer the shots?

I all my years living here, the Polyclinic was the only clinic I used as it was the only one I knew of that was foreigner friendly (most employees spoke English). Since it was owned and operated by Petcharat Hospital in Petchaburi, I think the pricing is the same there. I've been there a few times in the past and was well treated. If that's too far to go then you might try Hua Hin (Government) hospital. They have an English speaking receptionist now for foreigners and I'm sure the shots would be cheaper there.

I take it that this is a vaccine against catching rabies so that if you are bitten afterwards you don't have to go through the shots then? How many shots are in the series and over what intervals? How long does the vaccination last (do you have to get boosters every few years?)

Having been bitten several years ago went to the local Gov. Hospital and had a series of shots which were repeated 2 shots every 5 days or so. They give you both rabies and tetnus and a card that gives you the repeat dates to show up at the hospital. Pretty painless and easy procedure and cheap. If you have been bitten do not procrastenate!

I was immunized many years ago at Bumrungrad, but apparently the effectiveness lasped. I was in BNH about a year ago and they now (or at least then...) had a shot clinic just inside the front hospital entrance and I got all my other vaccinations while I was there for an unrelated medical consultation, but couldn't return for the subsequent rabies shots, so I resolved to do it here in Hua Hin. Now a year later...

I recall the Bumrungrad shots were not at all painful.

Also, even though immunized, if bitten and exposed (or think you were exposed) to rabies, you still need some shots, but the post-bite treatment is easier than if you had not immunization. Or, so I've been told.

Did anyone find out how much the shots cost. I am interested as I spend time in Thailand photographing wildlife I recon it a matter of time before I get bitten by something - most likely a temple or soi dog. I was going to get the pre-set of shots here in OZ before visiting Lao and Cambodia via BKK. BUT the cost here for the preventative? shots is 15 000 bht and if you do get bitten you still need some shots.