90 Day Reporting: Forgot To Do It

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for next time, put a reminder for an appointment in your mobile about one week before the "day zero". And while you are at it, enter the date for visa renewal (one year visa), the due date of vehicle insurance and road tax, health insurance etc as a anniversary, reminder set to a week ahead. That's how I do not forget these deadlines.

anyone know the required paperwork for 90-day report in phuket?

Filled form TM 47, copy of passport page with your picture, last visa, and TM card. Takes about 3 minutes, not including waiting time. Forms available at the office or from the internet, photocopy downstairs 2 Baht per copy. PDF of the form attached.

tm47 - 90 Tage Meldung.pdf

I went to check the 90 day date in June this year and found out that not only was I a few days late (does not matter as 7 days allowed) but that I had completely forgotten 90 days before. No problem after 180+ days. 2000B, a quick stamp and out in 5 minutes

It is a combined labor and immigration office used by some BOI supported company employees for work permit/extension of stay issues at one location.

And can also do 90 day reporting there.

Plus are you sure it's only for BOI companies? At my last job I got all my stamps done there but they weren't on the BOI. Work permit still had to be done at the MOL though I think.

Current job, which is on the BOI, can do work permit there too.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

Just ignore it.

If you go and report it, then you have to pay 2000 baht. However, the next time you leave the country, certainly at Swampy, they almost never check on your reporting and just stamp you through. If they do just happen to ask for your 90-day report and you haven't got one, then they just demand a 2000 baht fine, the same as if you'd volunteered to pay at your Immigration office.

So what's the point of bothering to go to the latter and forking out? You're just wasting your time and almost certainly your money too -- if eventually leaving from Swampy. Other exit points I don't know about.

Edited by spr&q

For once, Jomtien makes something more difficult than Hua Hin! Just did my 90-day report on Monday in HH. No copies of anything. Just the TM.47 Form. (Has been the same since I moved here last year spring.)

Same in Udon, no copies of anything.

Shows you how inconsistent the application of immigration policies are among various immigration offices.

In the past, I've reported to Nong Khai (2003-4), Udon (2005), Mukdahan (2006-2008), and now Khon Kaen (2009-2012). They've all required maximum documents including a notarized photograph of your first dirty diaper. rolleyes.gif

I always renew on time but slipped up last month and renewed 12 days late.

Had a choice of paying 5K with receipt or 2K with no receipt.

All sorted in the usual 20 minutes.

Did you receive a receipt for 5,000 baht? National policy is 2,000 baht fine only.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

Just did my 90-day report on Monday in HH. No copies of anything. Just the TM.47 Form

In Khorat, they are more advanced, again: Not even the TM47 is required anymore once you have an electronic history in their system - just passport and finished

It is a combined labor and immigration office used by some BOI supported company employees for work permit/extension of stay issues at one location.

And can also do 90 day reporting there.

Plus are you sure it's only for BOI companies? At my last job I got all my stamps done there but they weren't on the BOI. Work permit still had to be done at the MOL though I think.

Current job, which is on the BOI, can do work permit there too.

One Stop Service Center:

Part

Particular Services for extension of temporary stay, Notification of address every 90 days, Re-entry Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa , could be provided only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Contact at One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits At Chamchuri Square Building

Tel. 0-2209 1100

Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16:30

Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Strictly speaking not only BOI, but that is how it is often said (by me included) for short. As you can see there are also some other laws a company can fall under.

But the One Stop is immigration and labour in one. That is why it is called One Stop.

The fine is a flat 2,000 baht for late reporting

Was 1,500 THB for me in May this year, and only 1,000 when I did it one time early last year.

Did you get an official receipt??? The fine is 2000 Baht......perhaps your payment didn't go where it was supposed to !!

The fine is a flat 2,000 baht for late reporting

Was 1,500 THB for me in May this year, and only 1,000 when I did it one time early last year.

Did you get an official receipt??? The fine is 2000 Baht......perhaps your payment didn't go where it was supposed to !!

Didn't get a receipt in either case, no - but also I didn't go to do the report in person either so no idea exactly what happened with either transaction.

My experience in Phuket.

once i was 2 months late, max fine they told me is 2,000 baht. I gave him 1,000 baht. no recipt

Last 2 year I did not bother with the 90 day report after staying for 10 months and just flew out and back in before my extension was due for renewal.

Last last i left up to laos an no 90 day report in passport, no problem.

They do not use a computer for the 90 day report in Phuket

I have always taken the 90 day report out of my passport and see if they ever asked for it an in 6 years , not once when i left.

Now i don't bother with it UNLESS ur going to do ur extension and then they will look to see if u have it.

So if ur not going to bother make sure u leave Thailand and have less than 90 days on ur current entry if ur going for the extension.

Edited by phuketrichard

anyone know the required paperwork for 90-day report in phuket?

Filled form TM 47, copy of passport page with your picture, last visa, and TM card. Takes about 3 minutes, not including waiting time. Forms available at the office or from the internet, photocopy downstairs 2 Baht per copy. PDF of the form attached.

tm47 - 90 Tage Meldung.pdf

thank you!

Maybe a bit of topic but I sent in my 90 renewal and it probably won't get back to me for several weeks but I may have to leave the country prior to that. Anything special I should do or will need at the airport? I do have the post office receipt showing it was mailed via EMS prior to the due date.

Thanks

I know several people who do not do the 90 days reporting dance. And only one has ever been pulled to pay the 2,000 Baht fine. I suspect not having the little 90 days tag in the passport makes it slightly easier in that the officials do not think to look for the entrance stamp and do the math. All these people have non-immigrant multiple entry visas for working as professionals.

If one has a visa service company (lawyer) who does it all as part of their annual fee (common and this is what my company does), then they handle it all and I dont even notice it is being done. But if not, then it can easily be considered a slight tax to ignore it.

Just ignore it.

If you go and report it, then you have to pay 2000 baht. However, the next time you leave the country, certainly at Swampy, they almost never check on your reporting and just stamp you through. If they do just happen to ask for your 90-day report and you haven't got one, then they just demand a 2000 baht fine, the same as if you'd volunteered to pay at your Immigration office.

So what's the point of bothering to go to the latter and forking out? You're just wasting your time and almost certainly your money too -- if eventually leaving from Swampy. Other exit points I don't know about.

True. Well said. Swampy does not look for this tag, is my experience.

I always thought that was just a reminder of when the next report is - I've had it loose and just kept it in a drawer at work before, and even when it is stapled in the passport I usually remove it as I dislike having stuff stapled in my passport generally. Is it sensible to keep this on-hand and leave it stapled in when it is? I've never had it checked or used for any purpose other than serving as a reminder of when next to go (yet!).

Did exactly this last week. Went to the Immigration offies at Government Complex. Joined the queue at 8am, got my ticket and waited about 20 mintues to see an officer. A lovely young translator was sat in the booth andi explained to her that i'd simply forgotten to report my 90 days. She explained it will cost me 2,000B, took my passport and work permit and i then waited a further 10 minutes.

I was then called back, signed my payment receipts and job done. Nothing to fear, and the coffee downstairs was really good :)

In addition to the 2,000 baht fine, I also had a stamp put in my passport recording the fact that I had reported late. That was in Jomtien. The last time I reported, I forgot to take a copy of my telephone bill but nothing was said.

Alan