New Tesco Lotus Being Built

UKJASE

Maybe it's because I have no self control when I see all those expensive imported items I love from the U.S. whistling.gif

I go to Tesco or the Old Hua Hin Shopping Mall and come out with an huge overflowing rolling cart of (a month's worth of) goods for 3 to 4k baht. When I go to Villa Market I come out with a plastic bag in each hand of stuff for 3 to 4k baht! biggrin.png

HH - it's all a question of self control! Don't let the Sirens of Madison Avenue control your shopping - given you don't shop at Villa, it must mean you have found other products to substitute for your beloved US brand names. Bet you will find those same substitutes in Villa if you look.

I too spend between 3 to 4K on a visit to Villa, but my spend always includes 2 * 1 ½ ltr bottles of 100 Pipers Scotch which accounts for 1.5K of it (incidentally Villa seem to be almost totally exempt from the 2 to 5pm liquor sales embargo regulation - mind you even on those very few very holiest of holy days I do know a place .... !).

Other than that if a 3 to 4K spend in the Old Hua Hin Shopping Mall is enough for a month you must be very short of vitamins in your diet as the month progresses and your fruit and veggies wilt in the fridge. Moreover the Shopping Mall has no worthwhile bakery items, nor any worthwhile deli items.

My lady friend likes shoppimg there for exciting items like washing powder and washing up liquid (and the odd item of intimate female apparel) while I sip on a nice coldie in All In Hua Hin virtually next door, which, incidentally, does have an excellent and highly recommendable deli.

Each to his own!

Strange that this store is the only one being mention on opening, their are many 7/11 and Tesco Ltus Express that have been opened in and around Hua Hin which have not been mentioned, why?

Because its no big deal, unless you have no life like the 2 or 3 losers that have highlited the importance of this store to their obviously boring existance.biggrin.pngclap2.gifbiggrin.png

BazilFox, evidently you haven't been inside the store. It's no 7/11 or Lotus Express. It's a supermarket with pretty much everything the other Hua Hin supermarkets have as far as food and normal household products go (except Villa Market of course).

Instead of constantly making negative comments about it, why don't you go walk around in it and compare it with the Lotus Express downtown and you will see the difference.

Sorry this thread disturbs you so much but I think the main purpose of local expat forums here is to let others know of anything that will make their life better or easier or more convenient, which this store does for anyone living in the south end of town or Takiab.

You seem to be bothered by nearly every thread on the board. Why not just stop reading and take some stress out of your life?

HH - why don't you and others go to Villa Market? There are absolutely no parking problems and the produce sold there is far fresher than Macro, let alone any Tesco Lotus outlet anywhere In HH. OK - it may be a few shekels dearer on some items (but not all - some items are even cheaper than Macro) but it seems to be a mind set many farangs have that they will not shop there because they feel they are being ripped off in some way! Can't understand the cheapskate mentality!

Agree with you entirely, quality for foodstuff we are used to and UKJASE can park for FREE.

for 3 days?? and with your permission BC?? happy days.... almost makes it worth all the abuse giggle.gif

Strange that this store is the only one being mention on opening, their are many 7/11 and Tesco Ltus Express that have been opened in and around Hua Hin which have not been mentioned, why?

Because its no big deal, unless you have no life like the 2 or 3 losers that have highlited the importance of this store to their obviously boring existance.biggrin.pngclap2.gifbiggrin.png

BazilFox, evidently you haven't been inside the store. It's no 7/11 or Lotus Express. It's a supermarket with pretty much everything the other Hua Hin supermarkets have as far as food and normal household products go (except Villa Market of course).

Instead of constantly making negative comments about it, why don't you go walk around in it and compare it with the Lotus Express downtown and you will see the difference.

Sorry this thread disturbs you so much but I think the main purpose of local expat forums here is to let others know of anything that will make their life better or easier or more convenient, which this store does for anyone living in the south end of town or Takiab.

You seem to be bothered by nearly every thread on the board. Why not just stop reading and take some stress out of your life?

HH - why don't you and others go to Villa Market? There are absolutely no parking problems and the produce sold there is far fresher than Macro, let alone any Tesco Lotus outlet anywhere In HH. OK - it may be a few shekels dearer on some items (but not all - some items are even cheaper than Macro) but it seems to be a mind set many farangs have that they will not shop there because they feel they are being ripped off in some way! Can't understand the cheapskate mentality!

the last time i was in there, the fist thing i saw was mangos for 120B a kilo!! now, unless these mangos were picked by topless virgins wearing velvet gloves, they did seem a tad expensive......

the last time i was in there, the fist thing i saw was mangos for 120B a kilo!! now, unless these mangos were picked by topless virgins wearing velvet gloves, they did seem a tad expensive......

UKJASE - you are a sarcastic being!

Depends on time of year, whether local or imported, variety etc.

I've seen mangoes in Macro dearer than that.

Jut don't buy them ....

As they say here .... "up to you!".

UKJASE - you are a sarcastic being!

Depends on time of year, whether local or imported, variety etc.

I've seen mangoes in Macro dearer than that.

Jut don't buy them ....

As they say here .... "up to you!".

i wasnt being sarcastic Easyas...... the mangos were 120B a kilo........ i thought that was very expensive......

admittedly, as with any upper end supermarket, the fruit and veg dept are often well over-priced, and are there for convenience for people who dont have as much time on their hands to shop around..... the store does have a good selection of hard to find products

for 3 days?? and with your permission BC?? happy days.... almost makes it worth all the abuse giggle.gif

UKJASE - have you posted on the correct thread?

Who's BC? And where is there any prior mention of 3 days?

sorry easy, i was cross-threading there..... BC aka bazilthefox aka mr happy..... the "3 days" was reference to basil's reference to car parking..... (i think i need to lower the dosage of caffeine from now on)

• 2 weeks later...

UKJASE - have you posted on the correct thread?

Who's BC? And where is there any prior mention of 3 days?

sorry easy, i was cross-threading there..... BC aka bazilthefox aka mr happy..... the "3 days" was reference to basil's reference to car parking..... (i think i need to lower the dosage of caffeine from now on)

How can BC refer to me? Bazilfox, jeeze some airheads here.

• 2 weeks later...

clap2.gif I heard from a reliable source, that Tesco Lotus has bought a large parcel of land , by the new huge builders supply on Petchakasem Road, on the way towards Cha Am.

Also we were looking at a house almost in Chao Am, and the people there, said a new Big C is going in the lot in front of their house, not knowing if this is a shopping mall or just a Big C supermarket.

So there you have it, two places rumored to be going in.clap2.gif

Maybe it's because I have no self control when I see all those expensive imported items I love from the U.S. whistling.gif

I go to Tesco or the Old Hua Hin Shopping Mall and come out with an huge overflowing rolling cart of (a month's worth of) goods for 3 to 4k baht. When I go to Villa Market I come out with a plastic bag in each hand of stuff for 3 to 4k baht! biggrin.png

HH - it's all a question of self control! Don't let the Sirens of Madison Avenue control your shopping - given you don't shop at Villa, it must mean you have found other products to substitute for your beloved US brand names. Bet you will find those same substitutes in Villa if you look.

I too spend between 3 to 4K on a visit to Villa, but my spend always includes 2 * 1 ½ ltr bottles of 100 Pipers Scotch which accounts for 1.5K of it (incidentally Villa seem to be almost totally exempt from the 2 to 5pm liquor sales embargo regulation - mind you even on those very few very holiest of holy days I do know a place .... !).

Other than that if a 3 to 4K spend in the Old Hua Hin Shopping Mall is enough for a month you must be very short of vitamins in your diet as the month progresses and your fruit and veggies wilt in the fridge. Moreover the Shopping Mall has no worthwhile bakery items, nor any worthwhile deli items.

My lady friend likes shoppimg there for exciting items like washing powder and washing up liquid (and the odd item of intimate female apparel) while I sip on a nice coldie in All In Hua Hin virtually next door, which, incidentally, does have an excellent and highly recommendable deli.

Each to his own!

Love to see your latest liver test results lol....

Each to his own!

Love to see your latest liver test results lol....

Last time I carried out any tests ox liver came in last and it was neck and neck for first between chicken and pig's livers!

By the way you should learn to read a little faster - you're way behind on the news!beatdeadhorse.gif