Dogs Crossing The Road In Pattaya

Thaiquila

Has anyone else noticed the way dogs cross busy roads here?

I have taken to observing them, and to my astonishment, they show a great deal of caution, much like most farangs (and unlike the Thais who just seem to throw caution to the wind ...).

Sometimes it is really funny.

The dog takes a step.

Backs off.

Tries again.

Backs off.

And again.

Until he crosses.

Happily, I have only witnessed successful crossings.

So I have a new cosmic theory.

Farang expats are reborn as street dogs in Pattaya.

I have taken to observing them, and to my astonishment, they show a great deal of caution, much like most farangs (and unlike the Thais who just seem to throw caution to the wind ...).

The dog takes a step.

Backs off.

Tries again.

Backs off.

And again.

Until he crosses.

When you get your ass whacked a couple of times by a motorbike you get a little cautious - guess it goes for dogs too!

The dog takes a step.

Backs off.

Tries again.

Backs off.

And again.

Until he crosses.

It is indeed the year of the dog - for me literally - 60 going on 48, 36 or sometimes 12 as my beloved is always telling me. Last week I was driving along the Pattaya/ Rayong highway late at night, about 100 kms/hr, and a white flash of flesh came from nowhere and severely damaged the front plastic moulding of my SUV. The poor dog was dead, and he certainly didn't look or back off before attempting to cross the busy 4 lane highway. The misssus was in tears, but there was nothin I could do. I guess his time was up. First time I have ever run down anything - and this my year of the dog. To make amends I have a acquired a 5 month golden pup and will give her the love and affection that poor dead mut never had. I know this is all soppy and sentimental, but it is my year of the dog - makes you think... I think..

It is indeed the year of the dog - for me literally - 60 going on 48, 36 or sometimes 12 as my beloved is always telling me. Last week I was driving along the Pattaya/ Rayong highway late at night, about 100 kms/hr, and a white flash of flesh came from nowhere and severely damaged the front plastic moulding of my SUV. The poor dog was dead, and he certainly didn't look or back off before attempting to cross the busy 4 lane highway.

a smidgen off topic, but...

Same thing happened to a family member and he was shocked when he went to the insurance to make a claim for the radiator replacement that hitting the dog necessitated....

and was told... honest to God... "you didn't bring the dog in to verify what happened is as you said it did. We will not pay the claim."

:o

had it been me... I would have gone straight out and put the corpse in the truck bed, brought it to her, and dumped it on her desk.