32Inch Tv Lcd/Led To My Pc,What More Do I Need?

crille30

Well I wil buy a Tv 32 inch, LCD or LED to use for my Pc.I will also by a new Pc so is ther any things I should think about?

I mean do I need something in the Pc to make the pic looks god?Will I have problem to get clear picture?Somethings with my pc resultion?Any special connections/kabels?Programs? Any tips to make it better?What should I NOT buy?I have now Idea so hope some of you pros can help me?

Get a PC with an hdmi output. They usually come standard on laptops but some desktop computers don't have them. Make sure your tv can display at least 1080p and it has hdmi input. Also, buy a high-speed hdmi cable if you plan to display at 1080p.

Shawn

You need a computer with HDMI. Before, TV's came with S-Video plugs (which have no audio) and most did not come with a VGA connector. Now most TV's come standard with HDMI (which in addition to video transmits audio) and do not have s-video or vga inputs. The majority of laptops these days offer HDMI plugs. Desktops generally DO NOT have an HDMI output. Most likely you will need to buy and install a graphics card on your computer which has an HDMI output. (I don't think most desktops have HDMI output standard).

• Like 1

Get a PC with an hdmi output. They usually come standard on laptops but some desktop computers don't have them. Make sure your tv can display at least 1080p and it has hdmi input. Also, buy a high-speed hdmi cable if you plan to display at 1080p.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Curious about your comment about the HDMI so there is a big difference in quality ? I see some for 500 baht and some as high as 2500 baht.

Many thanks

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Curious about your comment about the HDMI so there is a big difference in quality ? I see some for 500 baht and some as high as 2500 baht.

Many thanks

There can be a difference in quality if the manufacturer saved on the shielding. Which can cause a problem when you put your cable along a power line etc pp.

But that does not mean that very manufacturer does so.

A good website with some information: http://www.learnhdmi.com/hdmi-cable-comparison

hth

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Many thanks

There is no difference at all. The cable works, or it doesn't. It's digital.

• Like 1

My HD TV has both HDMI and VGA inputs initially I set it up using HDMI (my GPU is an GTX 560) and no matter what settings (both PC and TV) I used the picture quality was very ordinary at best. swapped to the VGA connection and the display is perfect.

I've found using HDMI provides a noticeably better picture than the older VGA connection when used with computer monitors and tvs. If all you need is to hook up a pc or laptop direct to a basic TV over a short distance then a 300 baht HDMI 1080p cable should befine. Most I've paid is 500 baht for the basic Belkin 6 footer and the picture is the same as my other generic 300 baht cables. If you have a 3d TV or require high speed ethernet then you need to check the cable specifications more carefully and probably spend a bit extra.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Many thanks

Exactly.

Don't waste money on an expensive cable, it is not worth it.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Many thanks

What he said.

There is a difference if he buys a standard-speed cable. It won't transmit 1080p - not enough bandwidth. Buy the cheapest high-speed cable. That's the least of your worries. The high value items are the display and pc.

There is a difference if he buys a standard-speed cable. It won't transmit 1080p - not enough bandwidth. Buy the cheapest high-speed cable. That's the least of your worries. The high value items are the display and pc.

A HDMI 1.0 spec cable cable will transmit 1080p without any issues over reasonable distances.

My HD TV has both HDMI and VGA inputs initially I set it up using HDMI (my GPU is an GTX 560) and no matter what settings (both PC and TV) I used the picture quality was very ordinary at best. swapped to the VGA connection and the display is perfect.

Same for me as well.

It shouldn't be, but it was. Not sure about the reasons, maybe a faulty hdmi driver? (Windows 7/64)

But with my cheap android device, I have a crystal clear picture quality on my tv via hdmi.

Cable is an "adapter-cable" from "mini-hdmi" to hdmi, 2m, ~250 Baht.

Edited by roban

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Many thanks

I agree, the only exception is if your going to be repeatedly pluging it in and out of the computer or TV. Then the durability of the actual plug on both ends is something you need to consider.

wow guys thanks for all the information,didnt have a clue so all your help saved me headake and sure money.I have one more stupid question.sorry not so god in English but i try to explain.Is the picture going to proportion to size of TV,hmmm I mean,I will get exempel the windows logo big?Icons on the desktop will be big?I would like to have exempel same size as I have on my 23inch?So i can have 20 open documents at the same time.or do I need some extra softwere?Sorry hope some one understand what I try to say?

Edited by crille30

wow guys thanks for all the information,didnt have a clue so all your help saved me headake and sure money.I have one more stupid question.sorry not so god in English but i try to explain.Is the picture going to proportion to size of TV,hmmm I mean,I will get exempel the windows logo big?Icons on the desktop will be big?I would like to have exempel same size as I have on my 23inch?So i can have 20 open documents at the same time.or do I need some extra softwere?Sorry hope some one understand what I try to say?

I'm using a 51" full HD samsung Plasma for my computer monitor. 1920x1080 gives text that is far too small, so I run the PC output at 1280x 720. For best effect.

Same for me as well.

It shouldn't be, but it was. Not sure about the reasons, maybe a faulty hdmi driver? (Windows 7/64)

But with my cheap android device, I have a crystal clear picture quality on my tv via hdmi.

Cable is an "adapter-cable" from "mini-hdmi" to hdmi, 2m, ~250 Baht.

To be more precise with my previous post. picture quality via HDMI was crystal clear when looking at pictures or watching movies/tv show.

This issue I had was with blurry text on web pages/emails/documents.

• Like 1

I'm using a 51" full HD samsung Plasma for my computer monitor. 1920x1080 gives text that is far too small, so I run the PC output at 1280x 720. For best effect.

I wonder what your eyesight is.

I got a 32 inch led tv, and 2 24 inch monitors hooked up to my computer (yes overkill). The monitor still gives better and clearer text . I am running all 3 at 1920 x 1080 and the 32 inch monitor at 1920 x 1080 is good for movies and such, at websites and text ist a bit bad. Its a samsung series 5 smart tv.

Im using a 32" HD LCD @ 1920x1080, I prefer the smaller text.

-

Same happened to me. VGA is superior to the HDMI in my case.

I bought a few HDMI cables from Amazon in UK, less than 2 pounds,free

postage to my daughter in UK who brought them here for me,

Stream from my computer a small Asus under the 32 LED tv,and the

picture is perfect, better than True i think, no way would I pay for the

very expensive cables you see here.

regards Worgeordie

ok more good info but it seems like the websites and documents is blurry?If I understand some of you guys correct?I will use this for work only and not look Tv or movie.Just want to have big screen so i can bring up for exampel 10 websites and some document and I want it as clear as I have on my 23 inch screen.If i cant get it clear, no point,I will look at it 12 hours a day so need to be clear.Option is to buy one more 23 or 24 so have 3 screens but It would be great with one 32.Thanks for all info.

Edited by crille30

ok more good info but it seems like the websites and documents is blurry?If I understand some of you guys correct?I will use this for work only and not look Tv or movie.Just want to have big screen so i can bring up for exampel 10 websites and some document and I want it as clear as I have on my 23 inch screen.If i cant get it clear, no point,I will look at it 12 hours a day so need to be clear.Option is to buy one more 23 or 24 so have 3 screens but It would be great with one 32.Thanks for all info.

Lower the screen resolution, some TVs aren't all that good as displays.

(Samsung are usually great) What Tv do you have?

I previously used a Samsung series 5 32" LCD and it was really great, cost about 10k now.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Lower the screen resolution, some TVs aren't all that good as displays.

(Samsung are usually great) What Tv do you have?

I previously used a Samsung series 5 32" LCD and it was really great, cost about 10k now.

Not bought any thing yet.wanted to check here first with all the people here that seems to know what ther are talking about so I get the best stuff from start.No use to ask in the shops,my Thai is not so god and there English is same level as my Thai biggrin.png Thanks for all information.sure need it.

If I buy LED would that make the pic better?I mean for a normal person like me?or LCD is ok?

Edited by crille30

To the OP, once you get your TV and computer brought home, it will involve adjusting the video settings on both...

The computer's video card/video software will have different screen resolution settings you can choose to show on your display.

The TV's video menu will have different kinds of video display options, depending on the particular TV, and can include various options like 4x3 or 16x9 aspect ratios.

Even though the TV screen is bigger, the computer often can have a higher video resolution in terms of horizontal and vertical pixels. But again that depends on your computer's video card and how high its resolution is.

Often, it just takes a bit of tinkering to align the TV video settings with the computer video display's settings. Start with your TV in its basic/native video display mode, and then tinker with your computer's video resolution settings to get the best output in terms of matching your video aspect ratio and display quality/appearance.

• Like 1