32Inch Tv Lcd/Led To My Pc,What More Do I Need?

crille30

My HD TV has both HDMI and VGA inputs initially I set it up using HDMI (my GPU is an GTX 560) and no matter what settings (both PC and TV) I used the picture quality was very ordinary at best. swapped to the VGA connection and the display is perfect.

HDMI should be superior, one thing to note is that some TV's have a dedicated HDMI input for computer connection - on my samsung it's HDMI1 and additionally there are furthure settings on the TV for each HDMI input type- I have a perfect 1080p HD 3D picture using my 46" TV as a monitor for my laptop - yes 3D movies, I use a wireless mouse and keyboard and the TV is on the other side of the room

ok more good info but it seems like the websites and documents is blurry?If I understand some of you guys correct?I will use this for work only and not look Tv or movie.Just want to have big screen so i can bring up for exampel 10 websites and some document and I want it as clear as I have on my 23 inch screen.If i cant get it clear, no point,I will look at it 12 hours a day so need to be clear.Option is to buy one more 23 or 24 so have 3 screens but It would be great with one 32.Thanks for all info.

Lower the screen resolution, some TVs aren't all that good as displays.

(Samsung are usually great) What Tv do you have?

I previously used a Samsung series 5 32" LCD and it was really great, cost about 10k now.

Not bought any thing yet.wanted to check here first with all the people here that seems to know what ther are talking about so I get the best stuff from start.No use to ask in the shops,my Thai is not so god and there English is same level as my Thai biggrin.png Thanks for all information.sure need it.

If I buy LED would that make the pic better?I mean for a normal person like me?or LCD is ok?

According to websites LED will make it better on your eyes. I got a LED tv from samsung and i got 2 24 inch HP monitors all connected to the computer. The monitors are the clearest with text and such. The led tv is adequate but not as good as the monitors. But you can still work with it and probably wont notice it that much if you only use a tv.

ok more good info but it seems like the websites and documents is blurry?If I understand some of you guys correct?I will use this for work only and not look Tv or movie.Just want to have big screen so i can bring up for exampel 10 websites and some document and I want it as clear as I have on my 23 inch screen.If i cant get it clear, no point,I will look at it 12 hours a day so need to be clear.Option is to buy one more 23 or 24 so have 3 screens but It would be great with one 32.Thanks for all info.

Lower the screen resolution, some TVs aren't all that good as displays.

(Samsung are usually great) What Tv do you have?

I previously used a Samsung series 5 32" LCD and it was really great, cost about 10k now.

Not bought any thing yet.wanted to check here first with all the people here that seems to know what ther are talking about so I get the best stuff from start.No use to ask in the shops,my Thai is not so god and there English is same level as my Thai biggrin.png Thanks for all information.sure need it.

If I buy LED would that make the pic better?I mean for a normal person like me?or LCD is ok?

According to websites LED will make it better on your eyes. I got a LED tv from samsung and i got 2 24 inch HP monitors all connected to the computer. The monitors are the clearest with text and such. The led tv is adequate but not as good as the monitors. But you can still work with it and probably wont notice it that much if you only use a tv.

it really depends on the TV and the viewing distance, I couldn't see a 24" monitor from across the room for it to be of any use, my lappy as a 21" screen and it is never used, the 46" samsung I have is absolutly perfect, I'd say as good as the laptop screen from 2 feet, it is flawless and pin sharp both in applications and media, the HD video fed from the laptop is encredible even in 3D.

Get a PC with an hdmi output. They usually come standard on laptops but some desktop computers don't have them. Make sure your tv can display at least 1080p and it has hdmi input. Also, buy a high-speed hdmi cable if you plan to display at 1080p.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Curious about your comment about the HDMI so there is a big difference in quality ? I see some for 500 baht and some as high as 2500 baht.

Many thanks

There is no difference at all. The cable works, or it doesn't. It's digital.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Poorly constructed cables can have increased insertion loss, phase distortion, crosstalk, etc. The physical layer is ALWAYS analog.

What's in a name, Tommo?

wow guys thanks for all the information,didnt have a clue so all your help saved me headake and sure money.I have one more stupid question.sorry not so god in English but i try to explain.Is the picture going to proportion to size of TV,hmmm I mean,I will get exempel the windows logo big?Icons on the desktop will be big?I would like to have exempel same size as I have on my 23inch?So i can have 20 open documents at the same time.or do I need some extra softwere?Sorry hope some one understand what I try to say?

I'm using a 51" full HD samsung Plasma for my computer monitor. 1920x1080 gives text that is far too small, so I run the PC output at 1280x 720. For best effect.

You should run screen calibration and then adjust icon and text size to taste.

Remember too that the most important aspect of picture quality is contrast ratio, second is colour saturation, third is color accuracy.

and the 4th is - I have a great picture no matter what

samsung have impressd me and I am hard to please - having an IT background and a 4k$ laptop, not flying any kite here but after extensive research samsung filled all the blanks

but each to their own

I got a samsung too.. and its great for movies and such its a led tv one of the newest models 5 series full HD. I love it but my monitor's (2 x24 inch HP) are clearer for txt. Not much of a difference but if you have them next to each other you can see the difference.

Of course that can be explained by it being bigger so the text is bigger and less rounded ect.

well yes of course, you find if you expanded your 24" screns to the same size you will loose that crispness, mines a 7 series but I don't think that will make a huge difference, thing to note about the samsung TV's is always use the HDMI/DVI 1 (set to PC) for computer connection - that makes a huge difference thumbsup.gif

now this is a different requirement and changes things somewhat, your desktop size (resolution) will dictate the work area on your screen, a larger screen with the same resolution you have now will only make things larger and not increase the work area. In saying that most applications have a zoom feature for example IE in the bottom right hand corner allows you to decrease window contents in size, the solution for this type of requirement would most likely be a monitor designed for computers and not a TV as you will require extremely fine dot pitch, so if you are going to be sitting at a desk in front of the monitor with reduced windows for your applications then a computer screen of very high quality and a resolution beyond 1920 -1080 will be required, your computer will also need a high end graphics card to achieve the resolution and refresh rate you need, in my opinion a TV will not be suitable for what you need

now this is a different requirement and changes things somewhat, your desktop size (resolution) will dictate the work area on your screen, a larger screen with the same resolution you have now will only make things larger and not increase the work area. In saying that most applications have a zoom feature for example IE in the bottom right hand corner allows you to decrease window contents in size, the solution for this type of requirement would most likely be a monitor designed for computers and not a TV as you will require extremely fine dot pitch, so if you are going to be sitting at a desk in front of the monitor with reduced windows for your applications then a computer screen of very high quality and a resolution beyond 1920 -1080 will be required, your computer will also need a high end graphics card to achieve the resolution and refresh rate you need, in my opinion a TV will not be suitable for what you need

Thank you,I think I agree with that..Better of with 2 or 3 24 inch,Thank you all guys a lot of information that I needed.

if your tv doesnt support 1:1 pixel mapping (just scan in lg, exact scan in other brand, dvi label on hdmi port 1 on samsung), you will get bad results no matter what cable you use.

i use 26" 1360x768 hdready led samsung as monitor and it does support pixel mapping so i get crystal clear text on tv.

I use 32" Samsung TV as a PC-monitor. The distance between my eyes and screen is 70-100 cm.

What can I say about my choice?

1. All "brandname" 32" (and biger) TV's have IPS or PVA screens. The most number of PC monitors have TFT screens.

2. Prices... Samsung UA32EH5000 TV - 12800 THB (Full HD, PVA). Samsung S27A350 (27" monitor) - 12900 THB (Full HD, TFT). What do you think which one has better picture?

3. If you buy TV connect it to HDMI (DVI) and rename input in TV menu to PC!!! Very important!!!

4. Use cable HDMI 1.3

5. Tune fonts in "Clear Type"

6. Change the size of text and icons. My choice 125%.

7. Use and enjoy

If you aren't professional designer or photograph TV is your choice. If you are... Apple Cinema or NEC models will help you

if your tv doesnt support 1:1 pixel mapping (just scan in lg, exact scan in other brand, dvi label on hdmi port 1 on samsung), you will get bad results no matter what cable you use.

i use 26" 1360x768 hdready led samsung as monitor and it does support pixel mapping so i get crystal clear text on tv.

All Full HD Samsung, LG TV's support 1:1 pixel if you rename the input port to "PC" in TV menu.

Having read this thread i note that I cannot plumb my netbook into the TV (both Samsung) because it's only fitted with a windows 7 starter pack. If I understand correctly I'll need to purchase windows 7 in order to do so.

I HTH anyone in a similar position.

• 3 weeks later...

wow guys thanks for all the information,didnt have a clue so all your help saved me headake and sure money.I have one more stupid question.sorry not so god in English but i try to explain.Is the picture going to proportion to size of TV,hmmm I mean,I will get exempel the windows logo big?Icons on the desktop will be big?I would like to have exempel same size as I have on my 23inch?So i can have 20 open documents at the same time.or do I need some extra softwere?Sorry hope some one understand what I try to say?

I'm using a 51" full HD samsung Plasma for my computer monitor. 1920x1080 gives text that is far too small, so I run the PC output at 1280x 720. For best effect.

cheesy.gif Why bother?

Get a PC with an hdmi output. They usually come standard on laptops but some desktop computers don't have them. Make sure your tv can display at least 1080p and it has hdmi input. Also, buy a high-speed hdmi cable if you plan to display at 1080p.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Curious about your comment about the HDMI so there is a big difference in quality ? I see some for 500 baht and some as high as 2500 baht.

Many thanks

There is no difference at all. The cable works, or it doesn't. It's digital.

I used to think this was the case but now know that it's not that simple. I needed to get a 1080p signal from my receiver to a ceiling mounted projector which required a 15M HDMI cable but It wouldn't work properly. 5M, fine. 10M, fine too. But 15M would only work if I dropped the resolution to 720p or below. At 1080p it either didn't work at all or did but with a degraded picture quality especially in scenes with high bandwidth. Tried several different brands with varying results some were better than others but none perfect - and it didn't seem to have anything to do with the price of the cable. In fact 1 shop let me try a THB5000 brand name cable - same story.

What I learned in trying to fix this frustrating problem is that HDMI is a rehashed technology, no different than the older DVI cables in video transmission. The only advantage is that it carries audio as well as video. The final solution was to use whats called "HDMI over CAT5" which involves a small transmitter at one end and small receiver at the other and 2 CAT5E (or CAT6) cables in between and then short HDMI cables at each end. This works perfectly and can apparently work at up to 100M.

Anyway sorry for the long story but the point of my post is that you are right in saying there is no real difference in perfomance between cheap & expensive HDMI cables. In fact, expensive ones are just a con - Just buy the cheapest. But as I found out the hard way, digital doesn't mean "it either works or it doesn't". I now have a cupboard full of useless (expensive) HDMI cables as testament to that.

Edited by Dork