Single Or Doubly Entry Visa, Where To Apply?

I've been reading the visa section of the forum and it seems like it's getting harder and harder to obtain a tourist visa.

What's the "easiest" place to obtain a tourist visa nowadays?

I have a red stamp from the thai embassy in Vientiane. What's the chance of having my visa refused?

Savannakhet, don't really wanna go there.

Phnom Penh is out of the picture this time because i don't want to use an agent and without an agent the turnaround time is 4 days + return ticket to home country required which i don't have.

That leaves;

Kuala Lumpur

Hanoi/Ho chi minh

Criteria;

- Quick turnaround time. 2 days or so.

- No return air ticket to my home country

- Can show bank statement but prefer not to, private

- Don't want to use a non-official agent, i don't just trust anyone with my passport

sidenotes;

- Multiple Tourist visa's from Amsterdam, Vientiane. 2 business visa's from Amsterdam. Many visa-exempt stamps from suvarnabhumi. Usually i fly to KL every month and back on the same day, never had a problem but i'm getting bored of wasting a whole day every month.

You could try KL but it would only be a single entry. The red stamp might be a problem though at any nearby consulate.

Since you have spending money for flights to KL you could possibly afford a trip to Australia where you could get a 3 entry at one of the honorary consulates (Brisbane is often mentioned) that would give you almost 9 months without getting a new visa.

You could try KL but it would only be a single entry. The red stamp might be a problem though at any nearby consulate.

Since you have spending money for flights to KL you could possibly afford a trip to Australia where you could get a 3 entry at one of the honorary consulates (Brisbane is often mentioned) that would give you almost 9 months without getting a new visa.

That might be a good idea. Maybe i'll take a little holiday to Australia with my gf next month.

I guess it's off to KL again...

KL will not issue you a visa if you have a red stamp.

I expect no consulate will accomodate you on this.

Your best bet is to leave the country for 6 months and then return and apply.

Consulates are becoming very particular lately on issuing visas.

wai.gif

KL will not issue you a visa if you have a red stamp.

I expect no consulate will accomodate you on this.

Your best bet is to leave the country for 6 months and then return and apply.

Consulates are becoming very particular lately on issuing visas.

wai.gif

Oh ok, it's not a big deal. I'll just keep flying out to KL every 30 days until i get my new business visa in a month or 4.

The consulate in amsterdam did give me a double entry tourist visa AFTER i received the red stamp though. I've never been questioned about it.

Hi Gang,

I'm not very well travelled, so please excuse my ignorance. I am flying out to Thailand next month and will be staying for 3 months.

There is some discussion here about "red stamps". Could you explain further please? I know about the problems (although not personally) of visiting Muslim countries, if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, but what is this about red stamps please?

Also, are there any other stamps I should seek to avoid?

It won't be a problem this time around, as I won't be travelling outside Thailand, but there may well be other trips in this region in the future. So this will be useful information for when I come to plan those trips.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from over the Silver Sea

Edited by Silver sea

Those are 'please do not come here again for another tourist visa' stamps from Consulates that feel applicant has exceeded any normal expectation of tourist visa usage (normally after a year or more stay using such entry) and suspected to have other reasons for obtaining such visas. It is not something most tourists will have a problem with - but does hit a few independently wealthy as well as the intended illegal workers.