Rock Star Doherty Kicked Out Of Thai Rehab Clinic

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's quite cute.coffee1.gif

Ok, so now we know you are attracted to chinless guys with bad teeth and b.o.

Just goes to show, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The man is a shamblesm and an emotional baby to boot. It's just a baby shambles.......

Sir Elton John had it right on the type of rehab some people need. Sir Elton said that the best thing that happened to him was a tough course of rehab where he had no celebrity special treatment and where he was expected to help clean the facilities including the scrubbing of floors.

Yeah I noticed the bad teeth too. What can I say? I'm an Anglophile.
  • Like 1

If Keith put it down - anyone could!

(question: can or could)

If you're referring to the Rolling Stones' Keith Richards...he had the $$$ for a complete 100% blood transfusion to eliminate the smack from his system. Yep...vampire City. He makes no secret that he did this whenever he was hitting it too heavy. Once he was "clean" he'd start the ride all over again. The process is quick and painless but it ain't cheap by any stretch...

There's more than a few clinics (Switzerland comes to mind) that specialize in this treatment. I wonder why old Pete hasn't visited them? Hell of a lot less painful than a bunch of monks whipping your ass and giving you a bowl of rice every now and then...

He must have been really, really bad for them to throw out a 12K USD per month customer. Oh well!

Indeed a train wreck with ready cash...

must have been beyond Keith Moon nutzoid.

A shame.

Though after their 10 year run as major stars I can't for the life of me

name or hum ONE song by Oasis. Not a single one.

• Like 1

If you're referring to the Rolling Stones' Keith Richards...he had the $$$ for a complete 100% blood transfusion to eliminate the smack from his system. Yep...vampire City. He makes no secret that he did this whenever he was hitting it too heavy. Once he was "clean" he'd start the ride all over again. The process is quick and painless but it ain't cheap by any stretch...

There's more than a few clinics (Switzerland comes to mind) that specialize in this treatment. I wonder why old Pete hasn't visited them? Hell of a lot less painful than a bunch of monks whipping your ass and giving you a bowl of rice every now and then...

This is utterly complete nonsense. Keith Richards never had a blood transfusion for heroin and a blood transfusion would NOT do anything to help with withdrawals or get somebody off heroin.

• Like 1

A shame.

Oasis wrote two or three great songs, but Pete Docherty just sucks like a black hole in space.

This is utterly complete nonsense. Keith Richards never had a blood transfusion for heroin and a blood transfusion would NOT do anything to help with withdrawals or get somebody off heroin.

What has been said many times is he TWICE had 100% total blood change,

which removed all but residual heroin from his system.

Snopes says this

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/richards.asp

Edited by animatic

Funny stuff, blood transfusions neither clean nor reset the mu opiod receptors. Withdrawals and post acute still going to be there for many months. Rapid detox may reset and clean receptors quickly. This is basically narcan if I am not mistaken given under anethestic. Still going to have PAWS regardless of what they say. Opiate abuse creates many new receptors in brain so the time to reach homeostasis has nothing to do with blood transfusions.

• Like 2

But he's quite cute.coffee1.gif

Ok, so now we know you are attracted to chinless guys with bad teeth and b.o.

Just goes to show, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The man is a shamblesm and an emotional baby to boot. It's just a baby shambles.......

Sir Elton John had it right on the type of rehab some people need. Sir Elton said that the best thing that happened to him was a tough course of rehab where he had no celebrity special treatment and where he was expected to help clean the facilities including the scrubbing of floors.

"The man is a shamblesm and an emotional baby to boot. It's just a baby shambles......"

aw..awwwwwwww sick.gif

tongue.png

Snopes says this

http://www.snopes.co...ts/richards.asp

Keith Richards himself later explained how the rumor about his "blood change" treatment began:

Someone asked me how I cleaned up, so I told them I went to Switzerland and had my blood completely changed. I was just fooling around. I opened my jacket and said, 'How do you like my blood change?' That's all it was, a joke. I was fuc_king sick of answering that question. So I gave them a story.
Edited by Nisa

A shame.

Oasis wrote two or three great songs, but Pete Docherty just sucks like a black hole in space.

oasis wrote a lot more than two or three great songs

pete doherty has talent, the libertines had a few good songs... though i'm not a fan by any stretch.

• Like 1

A brain transfusion will do the trick. thumbsup.gif

Give him yours. He'd be happy with such a low mileage model smile.png

Absolutely true, l could do with his cash. laugh.png

I promise you this, if this guy thought it'd work, he would or will trade you his soul.

(figuratively speaking of course)

Edited by mamypoko

pete doherty has talent, the libertines had a few good songs... though i'm not a fan by any stretch.

Oasis wrote more bad songs than good songs , but their three best songs were solid gold, imo.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

A shame.

Oasis wrote more bad songs than good songs imo, but their three best songs were solid gold imo.

obviously it's in the eye of the beholder but there's not a single bad song on 'what's the story morning glory'... it's pretty perfect as far as albums go.

definitely maybe obviously has some crackers on it too.

they have put some mediocre and bad stuff out, but they certainly have more than 3 great songs!!!

imo of course.

I have to wonder how this info even got out or why he would allow the staff to comment on his stay. These places are usually very careful about letting info get out on who is there let alone their specific progress or lack of. This is the type of thing that will cause them to lose lots of clients who are looking for a top facility that is outside the glare of western cities where it would be more easy for the info to get out. But this is certainly the kind of thing that will get a rocker's name in the press to perpetuate a bad boy image.

Edited by Nisa

Snopes says this

Keith Richards himself later explained how the rumor about his "blood change" treatment began:

Someone asked me how I cleaned up, so I told them I went to Switzerland and had my blood completely changed. I was just fooling around. I opened my jacket and said, 'How do you like my blood change?' That's all it was, a joke. I was fuc_king sick of answering that question. So I gave them a story.

What you failed to post was that KR let this rumor circulate for years. He didn't rebut the claim until 2010.

I have to wonder how this info even got out. I highly doubt it came from the treatment center. I guess it could have been a staffer there but doubt it. These places are usually very careful about letting info get out on who is there let alone their specific progress or lack of. This is the type of thing that will cause them to lose lots of clients who are looking for a top facility that is outside the glare of western cities where it would be more easy for the info to get out.

Top facility w00t.gif ,

All they need is a locked cell with gourmet food 3 times a day. Simple really. rolleyes.gif

Vic Bokris and Tony Sanchez were pathetic hangers-on of the Stones--only so they could gather material to write (mostly) fictitious articles and books. Both Richards and Jagger have denounced them as notorious liars and publicity hounds.

An old issue of RS Magazine had a Jerry Hopkins interview with Richards in which he admitted he had multiple blood-change treatments not only in Switzerland but also Brasil and the USA. Hopkins said in the article that this information was confirmed by Marshall Chess (who also received the treatments several times). Richards said he made light of the rumors at the time because he was afraid of USA visa problems if they confirmed that he was an addict. DUH! What is amazing is that Richards is still alive after all the heavy drug use.

Anyway...who cares? It's only rock 'n' roll...

Edited by tiger2

Snopes says this

What you failed to post was that KR let this rumor circulate for years. He didn't rebut the claim until 2010.

That does not make the silly method any more viable to treat an opiate addiction simply because he did not directly refute. Probably did not refute because silly anyone would believe blood transfusion is a method to cure opiate withdrawals or addiction.

I have to wonder how this info even got out or why he would allow the staff to comment on his stay. These places are usually very careful about letting info get out on who is there let alone their specific progress or lack of. This is the type of thing that will cause them to lose lots of clients who are looking for a top facility that is outside the glare of western cities where it would be more easy for the info to get out. But this is certainly the kind of thing that will get a rocker's name in the press to perpetuate a bad boy image.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was his own publicity machine.

• Like 1

Snopes says this

That does not make the silly method any more viable to treat an opiate addiction simply because he did not directly refute. Probably did not refute because silly anyone would believe blood transfusion is a method to cure opiate withdrawals or addiction.

Couple other interesting things to point out... If he didn't refute it until 2010 then how does the above quote from him appear on the Snopes page last edited in 2007. And the other thing I didn't point out that has equal relevance is the number of bowel movements Keith has in a given week

Give him a kilo of H, a locked room and a needle and let him get on with it! People like this do not deserve to be in the public eye, nor have any fame or attention dished out on them. He was/is a crap singer who came to fame because he dated a beautiful model, it is this fact and his notoriety and bad behaviour that led to him being able to charge high fees for his attendance at events, in no way should an oxygen thief like this be able to afford a 12K a month rehab clinic. There are better people living on the streets of London this very day that deserve a fraction of the opportunities this clown has been given.

Agreed, also all alcoholics should be tied up and have booze poured down their throat until dead.

I hope you are being sarcastic !

If not, then get a life. Next thing you will be suggesting all smokers are made to chain-smoke until they get cancer or all homesexuals to stop using condoms until they catch AIDS. Maybe all wan#ers should be made to masturbate until they explode. rolleyes.gif

I like that last one. What a way to go!

What is amazing is that Richards is still alive after all the heavy drug use.

If you have got the money and control your habit, heroin doesn't have any real negative impact on the body. Most of the problems come from things like unclean needles and lifestyle choices because of the money needed to fuel the addiction. There are those addicts who end up not functioning or dying because they take too much but that is like an alcoholic in terms of many being functioning while others end up in the gutter (literally). My only point is that beyond the addiction (which is huge and destroys many a life), heroin actually doesn't have much of a negative effect on the body like other drugs such as alcohol or cigarettes.

• Like 2