That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I claim it cannot.. leave out the money and see how long it takes for her to leave.

Well I have had that experience once when a business deal went very sour, and I had to scramble for a while to get back on top.

But mind you it was my younger European 2nd wife.

And let's be totally honest, don't you have a financial agreement in place with your nowadays partner? Do you love her any less because of that?

Now do me a favour, re-read the first 4 sentences of your first post on this topic (page 2) and then tell me that you're not biased against the elderly.

Rant over

Yermaneewai.gif

I claim it cannot.. leave out the money and see how long it takes for her to leave.

Well I have had that experience once when a business deal went very sour, and I had to scramble for a while to get back on top.

And let's be totally honest, don't you have a financial agreement in place with your nowadays partner? Do you love her any less because of that?

Now do me a favour, re-read the first 4 sentences of your first post on this topic (page 2) and then tell me that you're not biased against the elderly.

Rant over

Yermaneewai.gif

First off yes i got a financial agreement with her, she pays 40% and i pay 60% of all costs (food excluded) This way she pays her fair share and i know that money is not the reason for her to stay.

Second of i have nothing against older guys, i have someting against old fools. I know of more then one guy who is older with a younger wife that i am sure of that there is no money issue.

I have something about those relations where its clear its a money deal and then when it goes sour the guy starts to cry about how bad Thai girls are.

I have absolutely no problems with guys who have a money based relationship and are honest about it and know that is the reason. Its more those fools that know they are in the wrong and should hard saying its not true.

You can rant all you want, that is what a forum is about and ill keep replying (if im in the mood and have time)

• Like 2

Sure there are genuine relations i have actually seen some too. But in general its about the money.

Yes, we have it (and the younger prettier women), and you don't. Live with it.

I got money too.. not as much as some of you here that is for sure. But i got a nice income from my business.

Ignore TP - he's skint

I am reading here now, but i do think the money issue is a valid and good point. You don't see many Japanese with older guys neither Korean's.

You do see it happen with Thai / Philippines / Eastern Europeans.

Its a money issue, hard to deny facts like that.

Sure there are genuine relations i have actually seen some too. But in general its about the money.

As all over the world the poor will almost always try any means possible to better their lives, money is indeed an issue.

But I claim that a relation be it on money, can bring about mutual respect and genuine love.

Depends purely on the individuals involved.

Yermanee wai.gif

Regardless of where the relationship is conducted, Thailand, UK, US etc, a relationship that is instigated on financial foundations will almost certainly go to the wall if the money runs out.

On the other hand, a relationship that is founded upon mutual repsect, understanding and most importantly, the ability to communicate, etc stands a better chance of enduring if financial problems crop up.

As far as the age gap is concerned, at 45, I personally wouldn't consider a serious relationship with the type of Thai woman I see so many older guys in Thailand walking around with unless they were a minimum of 35yrs old. In my experience they're incredibly flaky and nowhere near their Western counterparts in terms of maturity - something I consider very important. I wouldn't be concerned for a minute that they're after money since, at the risk of sounding arrogant, they're all told - straight outta the gate and in clear, concise English - there's "no payday" now or in the future

If an elderly man is happy to pursue a money-dependent relationship with a woman two or more decades his junior then it's up to him but I wouldn't be sympathetic if he rocks up on a forum like this complaining when she runs out at the same time as his money.

WHERE ARE THEY????? ........show me where even 'tens' of these people 'rock up' on this forum, or do you guys circulate other forums to identify a target where you can say I told you so?

And how many of these bust ups are totally galvanised by diminishing finance? I see many guys young and old in Thailand that behave just like I did ten years ago, and you know what, I wouldn't have wanted me for a husband......nothing to do with diminishing finance

So when you are looking at reasons for failed relationships perhaps cast your net a little wider chaps.....

Edited by 473geo

Regardless of where the relationship is conducted, Thailand, UK, US etc, a relationship that is instigated on financial foundations will almost certainly go to the wall if the money runs out.

Most relationships 'go to the wall', why pick on when 'money runs out' in particular.

Many of us older chaps are protected against money running out, for younger guys still working, the money is out of your control.

Rant over

Yermaneewai.gif

First off yes i got a financial agreement with her, she pays 40% and i pay 60% of all costs (food excluded) This way she pays her fair share and i know that money is not the reason for her to stay.

Second of i have nothing against older guys, i have someting against old fools. I know of more then one guy who is older with a younger wife that i am sure of that there is no money issue.

I have something about those relations where its clear its a money deal and then when it goes sour the guy starts to cry about how bad Thai girls are.

I have absolutely no problems with guys who have a money based relationship and are honest about it and know that is the reason. Its more those fools that know they are in the wrong and should hard saying its not true.

You can rant all you want, that is what a forum is about and ill keep replying (if im in the mood and have time)

Here's robblock's quote:

Hammer, never ever talk about this in this forum its populated by old people. You will always loose they can't look at it without bias.

There are guys who are older and in good shape, but the majority wears singles and has a beer gut that would make Homer Simpson proud. Money can only compensate for so much.

He makes it pretty clear where he's coming from.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Yes, we have it (and the younger prettier women), and you don't. Live with it.

I got money too.. not as much as some of you here that is for sure. But i got a nice income from my business.

Ignore TP - he's skint

Does this not mean that he may have a better 'take' on the old, thorny issue of whether relationships are about having money?

• Like 1

Most relationships 'go to the wall', why pick on when 'money runs out' in particular.

Many of us older chaps are protected against money running out, for younger guys still working, the money is out of your control.

I think maybe you have hit this "age" issue on the head. These younger guys are just pis*ed off that the older guys have more money, no longer have to work, can live in Thailand indefinitely without border runs and can pull younger women half (or less) their age.

Boo Hoo.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

WHERE ARE THEY????? ........show me where even 'tens' of these people 'rock up' on this forum, or do you guys circulate other forums to identify a target where you can say I told you so?

And how many of these bust ups are totally galvanised by diminishing finance? I see many guys young and old in Thailand that behave just like I did ten years ago, and you know what, I wouldn't have wanted me for a husband......nothing to do with diminishing finance

So when you are looking at reasons for failed relationships perhaps cast your net a little wider chaps.....

You're not seriously asking to be directed to the stories where older foreign guys have been unceremoniously dumped when the money's disappeared, are you? Choose from any number of keywords/phrases including "gold-digger", "skint", "chucked", "dumped", "left", "been so stupid", "trusted her", "learned my lesson" etc., etc., etc.

No one's blaming all bust-ups on finances but, within the context of this thread, it's accurate to say that a man conducting a relationship with that type of woman will suffer the ignominy of being tossed if his money either runs out or she spends it all.

I think maybe you have hit this "age" issue on the head. These younger guys are just pis*ed off that the older guys have more money, no longer have to work, can live in Thailand indefinitely without border runs and can pull younger women half (or less) their age.

Boo Hoo.

Yes, but you are not 'pulling women' - you are paying prostitutes for sex.

There is a difference.

You're not seriously asking to be directed to the stories where older foreign guys have been unceremoniously dumped when the money's disappeared, are you? Choose from any number of keywords/phrases including "gold-digger", "skint", "chucked", "dumped", "left", "been so stupid", "trusted her", "learned my lesson" etc., etc., etc.

No one's blaming all bust-ups on finances but, within the context of this thread, it's accurate to say that a man conducting a relationship with that type of woman will suffer the ignominy of being tossed if his money either runs out or she spends it all.

Actually those types of realtionships normally head south when the male decides he can simply step back into the bars when the sex gets boring. The wife finds out and goodbye house in Isaan.

• Like 2

Boo Hoo.

There is a difference.

Are you sure?

Rant over

Yermaneewai.gif

Here's robblock's quote:

Hammer, never ever talk about this in this forum its populated by old people. You will always loose they can't look at it without bias.

There are guys who are older and in good shape, but the majority wears singles and has a beer gut that would make Homer Simpson proud. Money can only compensate for so much.

He makes it pretty clear where he's coming from.

Thanks for mangling my name.. sure i did the same to you by accident but seems everyone here does it.

I am stating that most old guys are not in shape.. please prove me wrong. I am also saying that Thaivisa is largely populated by older expat so he got the odds stacked again him. It has been proven too.

Statistics from the UK.

https://docs.google....xDmAGmhOg&pli=1

I quote:

"The standard deviations for the three years 1963, 1983, and 2003 are 4.8, 5.4 and 6.3 years age difference respectively".

(Husband older than the wife).

It is simply delusional to believe that it is "an asian thing" for large age gaps to be the norm. They are not in any society.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

Boo Hoo.

There is a difference.

Once again you assume and generalise. You think every old falang in Thailand is paying prostitutes for sex? That none of us are capable of having a normal relationship but only short times with bar girls. What a sad, deluded world you live in.

There's a guy in our apartment block, he's mid 60s, spends a lot of time down the gym, makes a big effort to look after himself, good for him.

His Thai girlfriend is in her early 20s, very attractive, seems to spend a lot of time doing the house work and 'looking after' her boyfriend, good for her.

When he's not around she slips out in the Honda Jazz he bought her and meets up with her young Thai boyfriend who works in the same office as my SIL - Good for her.

Any old guy who thinks he has anything to offer a young woman other than cash and goodies is falling for the most dangerous lie of all - The lies we tell ourselves.

Ain't that the truth thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Statistics from the UK.

I quote:

"The standard deviations for the three years 1963, 1983, and 2003 are 4.8, 5.4 and 6.3 years age difference respectively".

It is simply delusional to believe that it is "an asian thing" for large age gaps to be the norm. They are not in any society.

RAZZ

Statistics from the UK.

I quote:

RAZZ

The average age to marry in the UK for females 1981 circa 23 years old......to 30 years old 2009

It would appear they are either seeking more security before marriage, or perhaps holding out until it is acceptable in western society that they can marry an older man......smile.png

The average age to marry in the UK for females 1981 circa 23 years old......to 30 years old 2009

It would appear they are either seeking more security before marriage, or perhaps holding out until it is acceptable in western society that they can marry an older man......smile.png

Or they are getting better educated and have more life chances - One thing is for sure, the old men we see wandering around Thailand with 'Girlfriends/wives' 40 years younger than them would not be getting anywhere near a woman that age back in the UK.

And the reason is..........??????

Edited by GuestHouse
  • Like 2

Strewth! you sound like a fully paid up member of the Agism Police,why should it bother you so much?

It's none of your business,or should they ask your permission before moving in together?

There's a guy in our apartment block, he's mid 60s, spends a lot of time down the gym, makes a big effort to look after himself, good for him.

His Thai girlfriend is in her early 20s, very attractive, seems to spend a lot of time doing the house work and 'looking after' her boyfriend, good for her.

When he's not around she slips out in the Honda Jazz he bought her and meets up with her young Thai boyfriend who works in the same office as my SIL - Good for her.

Any old guy who thinks he has anything to offer a young woman other than cash and goodies is falling for the most dangerous lie of all - The lies we tell ourselves.

Ain't that the truth thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Actually I think our children are a greater source of achievement to my wife than any financial consideration.....just the opinion of a proud husband and father........you are welcome to disagree of course......unless you don't have children then once again you discuss a situation you cannot comprehend

Statistics from the UK.

I quote:

RAZZ

Statistics from the UK.

I quote:

RAZZ

It's not only Thailand where young females seek out richer older guys for relationships, it happens in all western countries as well. if I see some 60 year old guy with a 20 something blonde with big knockers, I say "lucky bastard". The only guys who say "she's only with him for his money" are the one's who don't have any. Maybe that same attitude prevails in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Or they are getting better educated and have more life chances - One thing is for sure, the old men we see wandering around Thailand with 'Girlfriends/wives' 40 years younger than them would not be getting anywhere near a woman that age back in the UK.

Neither would a lot of the young guys who are here. That's why they come, probably never had a girlfriend in their lives until they came here.

They don't want the hassle, they prefer either a warm climate and young female, or going to the pub

It's not only Thailand where young females seek out richer older guys for relationships, it happens in all western countries as well. if I see some 60 year old guy with a 20 something blonde with big knockers, I say "lucky bastard". The only guys who say "she's only with him for his money" are the one's who don't have any.

.... don't have any big knockers?!

I've seen a few old guys around Thailand with big knockers.