That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

The fact of the matter is, if these old guys hanging a girl a third their age on their arm were indeed attractive to young women, they would have not had to travel to a third world country to find their 'girlfriend/wife" in the first place.

They've fallen for the lies they tell themselves and don't like being reminded of the fact.

Well the true facts are, they have left a country where they are possibly the last choice for romance, and arrived in a country where they are elevated to a premium choice.........for whatever reason

A bit crass to blame this on the old guys don't you think?

Of course not, don't kidd yourself, because in Thailand you could get away with things you wouldn't even dream of doing back in the west

Yes it is the fault of the old guy that young ladies in Thailand prefer to keep the company of one kind and generous old man than be a sperm recepticle for a couple of nameless guys a day to put food on the table.

I'm sure there is opportunity for the same occurrence in the west......oh wait a minute in the UK we have a thing called income support, no need to become desparate

Get real, get with the times, take your head out of your butt and ask yourself why the young ladies take this option if there are other more attractive alternatives in Thailand.....and if there are not, then shut up, and let the old guys do a bit of good

Mkay... So if the west is so good why do most of the old geezers stay with their pretty, young and loving wives in LOS then?

Edited by maxme

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Giddyup

put you next to the average 30 yo (in Thailand) and let girls decide who is more attractive. Do you want to bet with me ?

Only if we are allowed to show them our bankbooks first.

Good that we have come to agreement. The girls are in it for the money and you know it. Without your bank book they would not touch you.

I think you have a problem trying to win an argument. Give up, it's futile, you just aren't smart enough.

Giddyup i think i pretty much won the arguent when you admitted that it was all about the money. If one isnt smart enough its you. I bet you forgot your own post already old age and such......

Edited by robblok

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

I'm sure you would like to delude yourself that this is the truth. Most young people who come here do so for a couple of years to experience something different in life before going back home to resume normal life.

Many I know come here as volunteers.

I know more farang girls here than men. Are they also here for the bargirl action?

You are seriously delusional my friend blink.png

Edited by nietzche
  • Like 1

I originally came to Thailand in 1991 to work. I went back to the US when the Thai economy crashed in 1997. I remember sitting in the big plane on the Don Muang runway and thinking that I would never be back.

After about two weeks in Southern California, I wondered why I ever left Thailand. I dated a lot of women there and they had all had rotten husbands (not) and had WAY too much baggage to suit me. The shortest date I ever had was with a very attractive woman who told me that if her ex-husband wanted something to eat that he cooked it himself. If he wanted his clothes washed, he knew how to do that too.

To make that long story short, I stopped dating, lived frugally and saved every dime that I could for retirement. Yes, I came to Thailand looking for a wife. I wasted a lot of time with arm candy and women who were too young. I will admit that I did enjoy those young beautiful creatures. I lived with six of them that didn't make it through the first test year.

To make this long story short, it took me ten years of living in Thailand to find a woman who did not have excess baggage, was not jealous, who really didn't need me financially and most importantly who would and could put up with me. I do know that I'm not that easy to live with.

My wife is very mature and independent, has no children, is a hard worker and she takes good care of me. She knew that I had had a vasectomy years before we met so there would be no children. She met the age requirement of half my age plus seven years. Even with the qualities she had, we lived together for a year before we married. When I asked her to marry me, she asked "WHY". There was the tax advantage of filing a joint tax return in the US and since that made sense to her, she said yes. We have now been married for about seven years.

I originally came to Thailand in 1991 to work. I went back to the US when the Thai economy crashed in 1997. I remember sitting in the big plane on the Don Muang runway and thinking that I would never be back.

After about two weeks in Southern California, I wondered why I ever left Thailand. I dated a lot of women there and they had all had rotten husbands (not) and had WAY too much baggage to suit me. The shortest date I ever had was with a very attractive woman who told me that if her ex-husband wanted something to eat that he cooked it himself. If he wanted his clothes washed, he knew how to do that too.

To make that long story short, I stopped dating, lived frugally and saved every dime that I could for retirement. Yes, I came to Thailand looking for a wife. I wasted a lot of time with arm candy and women who were too young. I will admit that I did enjoy those young beautiful creatures. I lived with six of them that didn't make it through the first test year.

To make this long story short, it took me ten years of living in Thailand to find a woman who did not have excess baggage, was not jealous, who really didn't need me financially and most importantly who would and could put up with me. I do know that I'm not that easy to live with.

My wife is very mature and independent, has no children, is a hard worker and she takes good care of me. She knew that I had had a vasectomy years before we met so there would be no children. She met the age requirement of half my age plus seven years. Even with the qualities she had, we lived together for a year before we married. When I asked her to marry me, she asked "WHY". There was the tax advantage of filing a joint tax return in the US and since that made sense to her, she said yes. We have now been married for about seven years.

Good story, but you should realise that there are a few on this forum who aren't interested in success stories, they are so close-minded and prejudiced that they refuse to believe anyone over 50 can have a good relationship with any Thai woman unless it's based on money.

Edited by giddyup

I mentioned many times that i believe there are success stories, but they are rare.

however my whole point was exactly that, they are rare, not impossible, and others wanted to point out all the relationships are rosy, every one of them.

yours may be, but look around,its BS to say most are not being used.

nothing wrong with pointing that out,

I am new to the thread and don't want to read all the posts... can someone just tell me who is winning?

No clear winner yet, however Giddyup has taken a serious beating and is on his last legs.

Why don't you be quiet while the grown-ups talk. We've heard enough of your childish babblings.

I am new to the thread and don't want to read all the posts... can someone just tell me who is winning?

No clear winner yet, however Giddyup has taken a serious beating and is on his last legs.

Why don't you be quiet while the grown-ups talk. We've heard enough of your childish babblings.

what the, what era are you from exactly, sound like someone from the 1800's.

my fathers 72 and doesn't talk like that.

childish babblings, lol

• Like 1

He lost all credibility when after 10 pages of denying money was an issue he admitted when he needed his bankbook to get woman to like him. Then he claimed victory and called me stupid while he shot himself in the foot. Must be some french blood in him.

But i must admit he has a lot of staying power or he is just not bright enough to give up hoping it will all go away.

• Like 1

im 52 and the wife is 27, together 7 years baby due in sept, very very happy,

so what you think about age diff is shhhite

I only hope you have a good pension scheme set up, when the kid is eighteen you will be looking at retirement. Making no comment on the age difference by the way, that is entirely up to the individuals involved and for me is not a subject for discussion, only the late fatherhood would be a bit of a worry for me. Hope all goes well in September.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

I would think he doesnt have that long to suffer

I am 74, very fit and healthy, my grandmother lived till 106, I going to live longer than that. and still be enjoying life.

He lost all credibility when after 10 pages of denying money was an issue he admitted when he needed his bankbook to get woman to like him. Then he claimed victory and called me stupid while he shot himself in the foot. Must be some french blood in him.

But i must admit he has a lot of staying power or he is just not bright enough to give up hoping it will all go away.

Yes, the old fella is a fighter. Many would have thrown in the towel by now.

giddyup made 4 money related posts, even said you must be a fool to think a woman would stay with you with no money.

I have no money, my missus family has far more then my family, yet here she is cooking me lunch again.

maybe she is waiting for me to hit the lotto, been together years she must be patient.

I am 74, very fit and healthy, my grandmother lived till 106, I going to live longer than that. and still be enjoying life.

I really hope i make it to that age and in good health. I have nothing against older people, why would i, i probably get old too.. Unless i get hit in the car or bike again.

I just have something against people who fool themselves and get angry when that is pointed out. I really believe that there are successful large age gap relations. But i believe the majority are not successful or based on money.

I also got nothing against relations based on money (not that i want that at this stage in my life). But if I ever get in a relation based on money i wont fool myself that the girl is with me for my looks or my humor.

I would know she is with me for money and make sure that it is safe so I wont have to moan on Thaivisa how a Thai girl swindled my money.

• Like 1

I'm going to gladly concede to the idiots. Guys, (you know who you are) you are just trolls who don't contribute anything, but just want to deride and criticise others. What sad empty lives you must lead.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

I believe that any man of any nationality who has a lasting relationship with a Thai woman, married or otherwise, has a duty to her to ensure she is financially supported when he dies.

This is very relevant where there are children born from the relationship.

If the man is a British subject, legally married and has children with his wife - OR HIS WIFE HAS CHILDREN - and they are still of school age when he dies, the wife can currently claim bereavement benefits from the UK pension Dept, , and if the husband has paid 44 NI contributions, this can be worth around 20,000bt/month until the youngest child finishes school. (a lower payment if less than 44 NI contributions) Plus the one off payment of 2000GBP.!

Pension dept sometimes try and fob off claimants by claiming they have never been to the UK and are not eligible. This is not correct!

Anyone in this position, or who knows anyone who is, feel free to PM me for info.

I'm going to gladly concede to the idiots. Guys, (you know who you are) you are just trolls who don't contribute anything, but just want to deride and criticise others. What sad empty lives you must lead.

Giddyup if you think im a troll and dont contribute anything you should look in some of the other parts of the forum where i post a lot. (im too fat forum / fishing forum). I'm actually quite well liked something like 276 likes.

Anyway i'm not the one who shot himself in the foot.

The true cause of the altercations here is very easy to determine. My wife is unknown to all the people participating in this thread

How can you possibly know better than me if my wife loves me?

To suggest she is only with me for money is blatant arrogant offensive conjecture, I am of the opinion that this is the cause of the rebuttals from many of the people on this thread

Quite understandable really

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

The true cause of the altercations here is very easy to determine. My wife is unknown to all the people participating in this thread

To suggest she is only with me for money is blatant arrogant offensive conjecture, I am of the opinion that this is the cause of the rebuttals from many of the people on this thread

I have always quite clearly stated in all my posts that there are some successful age gap relations but that they are the minority. I always left a way out because i do believe there are relations like that that are real. I have seen them but i seen more that fail and are based on money.

If someone starts a thread about how stupid muscle heads are you won't see me reply because i know better. If i were stupid and felt offended id post like a wounded animal.

you are so right.

my point is that most age relations are dodgy, not yours or giddyups or anyone personally.

but most are in my belief, but not all.

never mentioned any ones relationship so relax,but i do feel the majority are fooling themselves.

againg though not all.

whatswrong with that.

What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang? This true love business is way overhyped. I would seriously question a woman's intelligence who would marry a poor farang. Perhaps there are some who can see that her farang has no money now but that he has some serious potential to make some money.

It may not be all about money, but money certainly greases the rails. My wife can easily get along without me but I'm 100 percent sure that she wouldn't have married me if she knew that she would have to support me.