Business Class.....Ear Plugs Required

theblether

So there I was in business class from Glasgow to Dubai, and the child from hell was in the seat in front of me. Banshee!!!! So I thought to myself it'll be better in the A380 business class, and it was!!! Until a Norwegian guy got full of the drink and started chirping like a demented budgie to the stewards. He's lucky he wasn't thrown off at 43,000 feet.

Oh woe is me.......then again I did have ear plugs with me so woe was everyone else that didn't. sad.png

On the other hand I did get a good rattle at the whisky in the A380 bar, if you ever get a chance, you need to try that. Standing in bar at 43,000 feet blethering is great craic.......and you know how I like to blether.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Reminds of me a story my uncle (ex-pilot) told me once. One guy had a few too many drinks, and was getting a little loud / obnoxious. So the flight crew came up with a plan! They decided to feed him loads more alcohol with hopes he'd pass out, and quit being a nuisance.

Suffice to say, didn't quite work out that way, and the police were waiting when the plane landed. :)

yes indeed thank heavens for ear plugs....I seem to attract couples with babies under 6 months old for the last 3 flights I have had...the problem these days is the online check in and letting people choose their seats, previous to this all infants were sat toward the front of the plane if I remember rightly sad.png

• Like 1

Why kids in business ? Should be banned. Kids should be put in a capsule then opened on arrival. thumbsup.gif

Probably an old fat beer gutted farang with lots of money in his ATM, with a thai wife who is only 20 and a new baby returning to Thailand

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

The thing i took most from that post was that you flew business class!

oh, how i can but dream.

Get upgraded to First class once on Cathay Pacific HK to Singapore and return, now there's some real fine service.

Why kids in business ? Should be banned. Kids should be put in a capsule then opened on arrival. thumbsup.gif

I love making my kids scream in biz class......I sometimes pinch them to help em along

Then l must assume your credit card is bursting from your booking and you envey the rest in bizz with cash. laugh.png

I love making my kids scream in biz class......I sometimes pinch them to help em along

Then l must assume your credit card is bursting from your booking and you envey the rest in bizz with cash. laugh.png

Flew first class Sydney to Bangkok for A$141.00 and 90,000 points. No bursting credit card.

Screaming brats or drunken Jock bore??????? Probably prefer economy if they are the options.

Actually, when Wee Eck's pre-bedtime temper tantrum kicks in, Mrs NL usually manages to slip behind the curtain and find a quiet seat in Coach for herself, leaving me and devil spawn at the front of the bus annoying the blether and the likes.

I have an MP3 player with a good set of ear buds. I listen to audible books and turn up the volume as high as necessary. Let em scream. I can only hope they make their parents miserable.

I have an MP3 player with a good set of ear buds. I listen to audible books and turn up the volume as high as necessary. Let em scream. I can only hope they make their parents miserable.

Perhaps your mega watt set up should be standard in bizz class eh. thumbsup.gif

I fly business quite a bit to avoid screaming brats but on flights in the Middle East many misbehaved kids are in business.

Jackpot!!!.......it was a Middle Eastern kid,...now I'm a bit concerned about bringing that issue up, I think there is a cultural thing at play here, these kids appear to get no control imposed on them whasoever.

I fly business quite a bit to avoid screaming brats but on flights in the Middle East many misbehaved kids are in business.

Jackpot!!!.......it was a Middle Eastern kid,...now I'm a bit concerned about bringing that issue up, I think there is a cultural thing at play here, these kids appear to get no control imposed on them whasoever.

Was on a flight once and two Thai women had a Thai kid sitting between them, well, we had 13 hours of shit, and the guy in front of them must have arrived in UK with bruises on his head, the women said absolutely nothing to the kid and my mrs was fuming that Thais were showing Thais up. sad.png

Best most comfortable plane in the sky been on it many times, very quiet too but Business class these days guarantees you nothing, people with money can still be selfish pi**ks.

The kid is forgiveable, after all it was only a kid......the Norwegian guy is needing yellow carded, he was bang out of order. He ended up bullying the cabin staff, not good. Outwith of violence I would never get involved in a mid air dispute, your asking for trouble talking to an agitated drunk at 43,000 feet.

Blether if you hate screaming kids so much, why do you have a pic of one as your avatar? I also hate screaming kids on long haul by the way.

My avatar is of a baby pondering the meaning of life.......can you point me in the direction of people that like screaming kids? I'll tip off the police. coffee1.gif

]Was on a flight once and two Thai women had a Thai kid sitting between them, well, we had 13 hours of shit, and the guy in front of them must have arrived in UK with bruises on his head, the women said absolutely nothing to the kid and my mrs was fuming that Thais were showing Thais up. sad.png

Orange juice has a LOT to answer for IMHO.

Blether if you hate screaming kids so much, why do you have a pic of one as your avatar? I also hate screaming kids on long haul by the way.

My avatar is of a baby pondering the meaning of life.......can you point me in the direction of people that like screaming kids? I'll tip off the police. coffee1.gif

The Fin might have also been pondering the meaning of life over a few glasses of 'Finlandia' because he was also pissed off with the noise.

The Fin might have also been pondering the meaning of life over a few glasses of 'Finlandia' because he was also pissed off with the noise.

To be fair to him, he works in the oil trade in Brazil, he had flown 15 hours with Emirates to Dubai, and this was round two............he has an apartment in Jomtien and he works one month on, one month off......he was unwinding but he was taking it too far.