Vegemite In Cm?

AnkertilBrewer

I'm in heaven. I know where there's a Tops. In the Kad Suan Kaew mall. I'm goin' tomorrow, and pick up some crackers as well. Did I say I'm in heaven? Let's just say I used to live someplace where the only time I could have Vegemite is for a short duration after an Aussie friend would return from an annual trip home. I love CM.

I'm in heaven. I know where there's a Tops. In the Kad Suan Kaew mall. I'm goin' tomorrow, and pick up some crackers as well. Did I say I'm in heaven? Let's just say I used to live someplace where the only time I could have Vegemite is for a short duration after an Aussie friend would return from an annual trip home. I love CM.

Eat the crackers and polish your shoes with the Vegemite.sick.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Am I the only one who has the dream that in the middle of the night, the Vegemite oozes out of the jar (remember "The Blob?" ) across the floor, small bubbling sounds as it grows... coming closer and closer to my bed?

... and it's not as if I don't like the stuff! I can take it or leave it. But that dream keeps coming back!

• Like 1

There's a new little store in the ground floor of Nakorn Ping Condo, called The Green Store, that is a real gem. Well worth making a trip to look around if you live in the neighborhood.

They have vegemite and many other products that appeal to westerners. There are two small stores in the condo and The Green Store is the one next to the Lao Airline office. NKP Condo is the 17 story building just off Huey Kaew Rd., across from the Shell petrol station.

Vegemite is available in Rimping supermarkets. Due to Australia's burgeoning free trade deal with Thailand it is 190 Baht whereas Marmite is 379 baht for a similar sized jar. And we all know which one is best don't we!!

Vegemite eaters certainly do

• Like 1

Vegemite is available in Rimping supermarkets. Due to Australia's burgeoning free trade deal with Thailand it is 190 Baht whereas Marmite is 379 baht for a similar sized jar. And we all know which one is best don't we!!

Vegemite eaters know Marmite is best?, Why do they eat it then?

biggrin.png .

I thought people who ate Marmite had simply never tried Vegemite as yet w00t.gif

Of course the price would be closer if third world countries had a stable safe haven currency like Australia and Thailand tongue.png

Australians are widely renowned for their huge equipment and tireless enthusiam, in fact we are usually feared by ladies of the night and rightly so the poor worn out dears. What the ignorant here that criticize Gods own food don't realize is that it is a life time of Vegemite that gives us our both feared and envied reputation as Gods of the Special Arts.

Sure you sad shells of men can never attain our legendary status but if you start now the magic V will put lead in your pencil and grow your potential.

In Chiang Rai TOPS the price was 160 Baht this month. In June I bought it for 144 Baht on special in TOPS in Bangkok. I bought a 220 jar.

Of course the price would be closer if third world countries had a stable safe haven currency like Australia and Thailand tongue.png

Ouch Mamorobert - you know how to punch where it hurts!

Yeah, I picked it up today. Oh my good it's good. maybe it's got some trace elements I need, like the kids who ate paint chips in the old days because they needed calcium (or was that an urban myth). Man I love my Vegemite. I can eat it straight, by the spoonful if it weren't so precious.

"Sure you sad shells of men can never attain our legendary status but if you start now the magic V will put lead in your pencil and grow your potential. "

I can feel the effects already. I'll need new budgie-smugglers soon to accommodate the burgeoning mass.

Just dipped a finger in the jar. OK, I did it twice. Kinda' gross. Couldn't resist. Like a kid with a jar of chocolate syrup.

yeah, about the politics, I notice my Vegemite is made by flipping KRAFT. Guess that makes it A-may-ri-gan. Price was about 160 or so. About the same as a 1hr Thai Massage (bargain price) or two small Beer Chaangs in a bar. I say it's better than the beers but maybe not as good as the massage, in terms of value. I think I polished off a quarter of the jar.

yeah, about the politics, I notice my Vegemite is made by flipping KRAFT. Guess that makes it A-may-ri-gan. Price was about 160 or so. About the same as a 1hr Thai Massage (bargain price) or two small Beer Chaangs in a bar. I say it's better than the beers but maybe not as good as the massage, in terms of value. I think I polished off a quarter of the jar.

It is an oxymoron isn't - KRAFT Vegemite. Anyway Dick Smith has come to the rescue with an Australian owned product, Ozemite which afficiendos say tastes more like the original Vegemite. Have requested emergency supplies from Australia.

Tried Marmite a little while ago when I ran out of the God's own spread. A kind hearted bar girl gave me a jar left behind by her English boyfriend. Now I know why the English are so pale (except the ones that stand on the podium during the Olympics - they are very dark).

Edited by Saan