Sunday Roast In Cm

MisterSandMan1

Hi All,

I'm up in CM for the weekend and would appreciate it if any locals can recommend a good 'Traditional' roast for tomorrow.

Cost not a major issue - happy to pay more for the better of the bunch.

Regards and apologies if this topic has been raised recently.

Younger.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We at The Olde Bell have Roast Lamb, Roast Beef, Roast Pork, Roast Chicken and vegetarian Chestnut loaf, all served with Yorkshire Puddings, Roast Potatoes, Onion Mash, Veg and Gravy. We also have combinations like our Super Sampler with all the above for the larger appetite. Prices start from 195 Baht. Lunch is available from 1pm to around 9pm. The Olde Bell is on Loi Kroh Rd, next to the Raming Lodge hotel and behind the yellow exchange booth.

There are a few other options: The Pub on Huay Kaew Rd has been doing Sunday Lunches since the year dot. The Archers Bar and Sweetheart Bar do Roast Beef and Roast Pork, Gecko Garden does a Buffet Sunday Lunch and I' sure there are others I haven't mentioned. Different places have different supporters. I test our offering regularly and with my waistline, you'll see I enjoy my food!

Since cost is not a option. May I suggest the Four Seasons Hotel. It is without a doubt, second to none in Chiang Mai. The live band plays in a great atmosphere.

Four Seasons Hotel Sunday Lunch: 1,300 Baht per person including free flow of juices and soft drinks 1,800 Baht per person including free flow of juices, soft drinks, beer, martinis and Prosecco. Live jazz all afternoon at the Terraces Restaurant from 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM. For more information or reservations, 053-298-181 or e-mail <removed>

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

Thanks all for your replies

I have a predicament on my hands now ! The Pub or Archer's ???

Thanks Coma but have decided the FS is a little out of town, although it does sound fantastic!

Decisions Decisions...Maybe we'll try both! smile.png

Younger.

Thanks Alfieconn, its decided! The Mrs not too fond of lamb so Archer's it is!

Thanks again for all your help

Younger.

Since cost is not a option. May I suggest the Four Seasons Hotel. It is without a doubt, second to none in Chiang Mai. The live band plays in a great atmosphere.

Four Seasons Hotel Sunday Lunch: 1,300 Baht per person including free flow of juices and soft drinks 1,800 Baht per person including free flow of juices, soft drinks, beer, martinis and Prosecco. Live jazz all afternoon at the Terraces Restaurant from 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM. For more information or reservations, 053-298-181 or e-mail <removed>

Are the Four Seasons shy with their free flow, or can you ram it for three solid hours?

Are the Four Seasons shy with their free flow, or can you ram it for three solid hours?

I walk out of there [if that is what you can call it] steaming drunk.gif . Just dress half decent, smile and they will keep'em coming.

I walk out of there [if that is what you can call it] steaming drunk.gif . Just dress half decent, smile and they will keep'em coming.

Magic!

I really like Archer's Sunday roast beef dinner. They used to be a little stingy with the portions, but from some recent pictures on Thai Visa, it looks like they have remedied that. thumbsup.gif

Archer's 'small' Sunday roast dinner according to dave2

post-42592-0-12654000-1336303244_thumb.jpg

http://www.thaivisa....rs/page__st__25

If that is the small one i would hate to try the big !! this one would keep me going for a few days as it is ...

Personally I have to give THE PUB the thumbs up for Sunday Roasts

Just like my Mum used to make it.

Outstanding

I second that.

A real man size traditional English roast, Yorkshire puddings, baked potatoes, mint sauce, lashings of gravey and everything, for around 250 baht. I really don`t know how the owner does it for that price.

Last time I was there, there was a choice of lamb, pork and beef. I think they also do turkey on special occasions.

The portions are BIG and the only thing I found skimpy were the waitresses hot pants, but no one ever complains about that.

http://thepubchiangmai.com/

Edited by Beetlejuice

Personally I have to give THE PUB the thumbs up for Sunday Roasts

Just like my Mum used to make it.

Outstanding

I second that.

A real man size traditional English roast, Yorkshire puddings, baked potatoes, mint sauce, lashings of gravey and everything, for around 250 baht. I really don`t know how the owner does it for that price.

Last time I was there, there was a choice of lamb, pork and beef. I think they also do turkey on special occasions.

The portions are BIG and the only thing I found skimpy were the waitresses hot pants, but no one ever complains about that.

http://thepubchiangmai.com/

One thing about the "Pub" is that it feels like your walking into someones front room without an invite...

"He's not from round these parts is he! "

• Like 2

Doubleeight please tell us who you are talking about.Archers or the Old Bell? Both ladies in those restaurants are lovely. Beer are Sa are their names!

The Old Bell. i wont make this remark if it was a one off. but repeatedly shocked by the lack of respect, service and attitude of lady!

Doubleeight please tell us who you are talking about.Archers or the Old Bell? Both ladies in those restaurants are lovely. Beer are Sa are their names!

The Old Bell. i wont make this remark if it was a one off. but repeatedly shocked by the lack of respect, service and attitude of lady!

I think someone has an axe to grind, new poster and already slagging off a woman calling her horrid, Beer is not capable of being horrid, in fact I have never seen her not smile.

• Like 1

Doubleeight I am sure you are new to Chiang Mai.This is a lovely city to live in.So many decent restaurants and bars to enjoy what ever you want.I think it is out of order to knock bars/restaurants and people on this forum.Maybe you should look at your own expectations of what you what.Please remember that this is not USA/AUS/ or Europe.

Doubleeight I am sure you are new to Chiang Mai.This is a lovely city to live in.So many decent restaurants and bars to enjoy what ever you want.I think it is out of order to knock bars/restaurants and people on this forum.Maybe you should look at your own expectations of what you what.Please remember that this is not USA/AUS/ or Europe.

What id like is for, someone who is obviously very seasoned in the service industry too understand that her attitude, to certain issues needs to be addressed! maybe if orders where written down theere wouldnt be problems!

What id like is for, someone who is obviously very seasoned in the service industry too understand that her attitude, to certain issues needs to be addressed! maybe if orders where written down theere wouldnt be problems!

Ilike to hear opinions of people or establishments, if doubleeight feels "Beer" has a bad attitude, they must have had some issues, I'm sure this being a small town others will disagree. I think she is rather adorable (sorry Pedro) !! tongue.png

He is stating his opinion based on his experience in a place, what has the fact that it is not USA etc got to do with that??

I sense a stitch up double eight. Member registers on 19th July and 2 days later is slagging Beer off. Still just in case you are genuine:

Are you sure that was Beer? We had a day girl who was somewhat brusque with customers and she has now departed. All I can say is that if it was my wife you must have really upset here over something. Usually she's very 'customer orientated' but if you spoke badly to her, she'd do the same back and I don't blame her. Some details would help: approximate dates, times and specifics of the incidents.

Edited by OldeBellPedr

Ilike to hear opinions of people or establishments, if doubleeight feels "Beer" has a bad attitude, they must have had some issues, I'm sure this being a small town others will disagree. I think she is rather adorable (sorry Pedro) !! tongue.png

All the times I have eaten Sunday Lunch in Old Belle,The food was excellent and no problems with the service,show respect and it will be returned,I think some people feel waitresses are their slaves, The proprietor is Pedr and is from Wales I believe,not Pedro, hes defiantly not Mexican

Regards Worgeordie