How Long Before You Fell In Love

rcalsop

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually avoided my wife for a while as she was a greeter at a resaurant so I would give a quick sawadee kepp and skip by. 2 weeks later I went for a meal there and kept going back. Felt fist twinges watching her dreamily looking at the sea. Another week went by and we went to the pictures together. Another 4 months and I was in love. We took it very slow, to get into a relationship, but once in it I fell in love with er quite quickly. I had nothing to judge this on the as I had never been in love before. 2 kids and 7 years (?) later I love her more than ever (I even love her when we are arguing or not talking) :)

At a party girl sat on my lap and we chatted for 5 minutes.

Called her up 4 days later and we went out to eat.

Moved in one month later.

35 years in March and I'm still there!

You must hold some sort of record for 35 years. I thought I was doing well at 22 years.

Love it, will never leave it. :)

At a party girl sat on my lap and we chatted for 5 minutes.

Called her up 4 days later and we went out to eat.

Moved in one month later.

35 years in March and I'm still there!

You must hold some sort of record for 35 years. I thought I was doing well at 22 years.

Love it, will never leave it. :)

My dad always says for murder you only get 25 years less sometimes even .. but marriage is life.

It took less than a minute for me to fall in love with my first Thai wife, I still love here even though we broke up over 10 years ago. Love of my life that. I only show love for my 5 year old daughter nowadays, I'll let her choose next time :)

Love or lust???

There is a difference!!!

Yes

Lust is what I feel when 20 luvelies in white shirts and short black skirts get of the bus and cross the road in front of me ...

.Love is what I feel when

1/ My wife and I look at the kids playing peacefully on Christmas morning surrounded by the wonders of Santa .

2/ It is what I feel after making love and having a cuddle falling asleep in my bed .

3/ It is what I feel after we both work in the garden and after hours of work we stop and look at our achievements

4/ It is what I feel when we are walking around the Mall and she slips a hand into mine

5/ It is what I feel when she opens the gate for me when I come home .

But enough of this sloppy sentiment .

Yes there is a big difference ...I also believe men are more romantic than women and many western women no longer know how to make a man feel like a man ..and they kill romance .

Not the man !

Not sloppy at all, put a smile on my face. You've captured my thoughts of bliss. Well done, l hope others read, sit back and, well, just think. :)

As a foot note, there are those out there who could never love any one in their life unless they wear foot ball boots or can down a pint in 3 seconds or can piss further than them, but when nature demands the lust thing appears,so difficult topic for some to be honest.

Agreed. Not sloppy at all. And, contrary to popular belief, I do believe that men ARE more romantic than women... at least myself and the men I associate with are.

I’ve been married now for 22 years and it don`t seem a day too long.

Every time I go out about in the town I see all those beautiful girls and instantly fall in love.

Just can’t help it. It`s a chemical thing, our chemicals just mix and than wallop we’re hooked on each other.

Then I start a thinking; I wonder who she’ll be mixing chemicals with tomorrow night, and so I forget all about it and go back home to errr indoors.

post-96287-080157800 1276199192_thumb.jp

post-96287-023847500 1276199217_thumb.jp

Edited by BigWheelMan

The knowledge that the possibility of love was there as soon as our eyes met for the first time. Then the mutual emotional connection ( sparks, chemistry, electricity) began to form within hours and it was definitely love within a day or so. 4 years on it is still just as strong, and our mutual affection for one another has only grown with the time we've been together. smile.gif

Everyone has a different definition of love so how long it takes depends on what kind of love you are talking about. Elmer Gantry's definition of love was " Love is the mornin' and the evenin' star. It shines on the cradle of the Babe. Hear ye, sinners. Love is the inspiration of poets and philosophers. Love is the voice of music. I'm talkin' about divine love - not carnal love." As for me, carnal love is quick and easy but divine love takes me a little longer.:)

Love or lust???

There is a difference!!!

Yes

Lust is what I feel when 20 luvelies in white shirts and short black skirts get of the bus and cross the road in front of me ...

.Love is what I feel when

1/ My wife and I look at the kids playing peacefully on Christmas morning surrounded by the wonders of Santa .

2/ It is what I feel after making love and having a cuddle falling asleep in my bed .

3/ It is what I feel after we both work in the garden and after hours of work we stop and look at our achievements

4/ It is what I feel when we are walking around the Mall and she slips a hand into mine

5/ It is what I feel when she opens the gate for me when I come home .

But enough of this sloppy sentiment .

Yes there is a big difference ...I also believe men are more romantic than women and many western women no longer know how to make a man feel like a man ..and they kill romance .

Not the man !

Yes, there is a big difference.... many western women think of themselves as equal to a man (obviously a stupid idea), which kills romance for you. Its far preferable that she's subservient and just asks for money.

To pay for this, she gives you precisely what she knows you want.... rolleyes.gif But don't worry, I'm sure she 'loves you too much', just as so many of her compatriates do to Western men all the time (no idea why they have such a bad reputation rolleyes.gif).

I could be wrong though, your wife could be one of the 1% (?) of Thai women that genuinely fall in love with a farang.

Edited by F1fanatic

Took it slow, after meeting the for the first time and talking every day after that I would say 3 months. 2 months after that I asked her father if I could marry her. 2 Years later we married, and we have been married for 2 years. It was all very much worth the wait....and we still talk everyday even when we are apart.

Edited by Huey

Yes, there is a big difference.... many western women think of themselves as equal to a man (obviously a stupid idea), which kills romance for you. Its far preferable that she's subservient and just asks for money.

To pay for this, she gives you precisely what she knows you want.... rolleyes.gif But don't worry, I'm sure she 'loves you too much', just as so many of her compatriates do to Western men all the time (no idea why they have such a bad reputation rolleyes.gif).

I could be wrong though, your wife could be one of the 1% (?) of Thai women that genuinely fall in love with a farang.

I never thought that i would see the day that a Western woman acknowledges something like this. When did you see the light ? how long did you stay in Thailand before you found out this universal truth ? Maybe western woman should visit Thailand to learn from you so they can please their men more and save their marriage. :)

Edited by robblok

I never thought that i would see the day that a Western woman acknowledges something like this. When did you see the light ? how long did you stay in Thailand before you found out this universal truth ? Maybe western woman should visit Thailand to learn from you so they can please their men more and save their marriage. :)

Most Thai females fall in love with at least one western man when they start to work in a bar for the first time. The western men, drunk or not, often treat them with more respect than their Thai husband ever did before he left for someone or something else, sometimes also leaving the child / children behind. But these men don't see the love, or doesn't want it, or it isn't returned and the girls hurt. Then the girls try to stop falling in love, then they change, then money becomes more and more important for them, they look at the old-timers and then morale goes down the drain, from working in an environment like that.

Ever heard old-timers recommend newbies - Don't fall in love, work and have fun but whatever you do, don't fall in love.? Ever heard bar girls discuss? It's fun working in a bar, if you're not in love...

I am glad you have these exact figures.  And for the scores of TV members who have described their loving relationships with Thais in various threads, well, I guess they are just misguided fools.  I bet they will be upset when their happy marriage of 30 years turns out to be some sort of long-developing scam perpetuated by their Thai wives.

You're right of course. Its funny to think that some Western women won't just roll over and play slave to their superior husband.

If only we could learn to lie and pretend to our men that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread (loving money far more than love), we'd be far better off.....

Most Thai females fall in love with at least one western man when they start to work in a bar for the first time. The western men, drunk or not, often treat them with more respect than their Thai husband ever did before he left for someone or something else, sometimes also leaving the child / children behind. But these men don't see the love, or doesn't want it, or it isn't returned and the girls hurt. Then the girls try to stop falling in love, then they change, then money becomes more and more important for them, they look at the old-timers and then morale goes down the drain, from working in an environment like that.

Ever heard old-timers recommend newbies - Don't fall in love, work and have fun but whatever you do, don't fall in love.? Ever heard bar girls discuss? It's fun working in a bar, if you're not in love...

Please tell me you're kidding! Thai women 'fall in love with at least one Western man when they start to work in a bar for the first time'........

So they're not hookers, they're women looking for love......

Grow up, they know exactly what they're doing, and why. Do you feel the same way about prostitutes in your home country - they're not looking for money, just love???

I know one Thai woman v well that's been married to a farang man for many years and they have a child.

She will never leave him as she realises that her life is way better than it would have been otherwise and is looking for stability for their child. But, she never pretends she loves him (to me), just that she knows she will support him through thick and thin because he is her husband and has given her a better life than she could otherwise have dreamed....

She was never a b/g, just a thai woman pursued by a farang in a remote region, who gave up after 3 YEARS!

Please tell me you're kidding! Thai women 'fall in love with at least one Western man when they start to work in a bar for the first time'........

So they're not hookers, they're women looking for love......

Grow up, they know exactly what they're doing, and why. Do you feel the same way about prostitutes in your home country - they're not looking for money, just love???

You missed this part

...when they start to work in a bar for the first time

They change quickly absolutely but most of them START that way

Edit: Too many quoted blocks of text so had to delete one quote

I know one Thai woman v well that's been married to a farang man for many years and they have a child.

She will never leave him as she realises that her life is way better than it would have been otherwise and is looking for stability for their child. But, she never pretends she loves him (to me), just that she knows she will support him through thick and thin because he is her husband and has given her a better life than she could otherwise have dreamed....

She was never a b/g, just a thai woman pursued by a farang in a remote region, who gave up after 3 YEARS!

Ah, so that one case means that only 1% of Thai women could possible fall in love with a foreigner.  Now I get the math.

I am really not sure why so many people posting here want to dam_n all Thais with any particular brush.  Just like people from any other country, Thais vary from individual to individual. And while there are certainly THai women who marry a foreigner for more security-related reasons, I feel it is the height or prejudice to assume that Thai women are somehow incapable of love.

Ah, so that one case means that only 1% of Thai women could possible fall in love with a foreigner. Now I get the math.

I am really not sure why so many people posting here want to dam_n all Thais with any particular brush. Just like people from any other country, Thais vary from individual to individual. And while there are certainly THai women who marry a foreigner for more security-related reasons, I feel it is the height or prejudice to assume that Thai women are somehow incapable of love.

Ummm, only you are saying that.

I was saying that they are looking for a better life than they had, and (unlike Western women) are prepared to lie and pretend they love a guy to get that result.

Edited by F1fanatic

Ah, so that one case means that only 1% of Thai women could possible fall in love with a foreigner.  Now I get the math.

I am really not sure why so many people posting here want to dam_n all Thais with any particular brush.  Just like people from any other country, Thais vary from individual to individual. And while there are certainly THai women who marry a foreigner for more security-related reasons, I feel it is the height or prejudice to assume that Thai women are somehow incapable of love.

Ummm, only you are saying that.

I was saying that they are looking for a better life than they had, and (unlike Western women) are prepared to lie and pretend they love a guy to get that result.

To pay for this, she gives you precisely what she knows you want.... But don't worry, I'm sure she 'loves you too much', just as so many of her compatriates do to Western men all the time (no idea why they have such a bad reputation ).

So you never wrote the above?  

And you really believe that somehow both Western and Thai women are oh so different?  Only Western women can feel love?  That is pretty blatant prejudice.

News flash.  Women from all cultures can feel love, just as they can feel hate, hunger, joy, pain, satisfaction, fear, pride--in short all the emotions which make humans what we are, male and female, no matter our nationality.

So you never wrote the above?

And you really believe that somehow both Western and Thai women are oh so different? Only Western women can feel love? That is pretty blatant prejudice.

News flash. Women from all cultures can feel love, just as they can feel hate, hunger, joy, pain, satisfaction, fear, pride--in short all the emotions which make humans what we are, male and female, no matter our nationality.

I agree

I pretty much think Thai and western women have the same feelings too, some take money from men, some feel love.

Both play the system, in the western world you divorce to grab a large amount of money from a man, in Asia you play a different game as the law isn't so stacked in your favor.

The rules of marriage are also different

In the west it is a partnership of equals (except for the house and children which belong to the woman), in Thailand the man vows to love and protect and the woman vows to serve.

I prefer the Thai vows, but then I would, I'm a man.

I always fall in love with my woman (that's my vow fulfilled), and very quickly, luckily my former western wife taught me that love doesn't count for much so keep a tight hold on your money.

Does my Thai lady love me? Do I care? She serves me very well, and that was her vow, good enough! Love is vastly over-rated.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I have seen Thais falling in love with farang these were just young girls with guys in their own age range. They loved and cried when it was over. I have seen Thais who just wanted money from their farang bf usually they were a lot younger then the guy and looked real good often they were bar girls.

It all depends on what pool your fishing in.

Bar girls are no different than any other woman who has had her heart broken many times. Eventually it hardens to a point where they are suspicious of anyone who treats them well... even if the guy is in love with them. Men are the same. Once you've been manipulated and scammed a few times you get suspicious of everyone. However, that doesn't mean the bar girls and the lonely men are not still hoping for love. I've met many bar girls who really were looking for someone special to fall in love with. Most often it was gals new to the trade.

It is the young crowd who are still in the whirlwind of partying that seldom let themselves actually fall in love. Young, attractive gals with a dozen men all vying for their attention get caught up in the excitement and forget about emotional attachments. Same goes for the handsome young studs who have their pick of a dozen pretty gals. It's hard to separate one gal from another.

I remember those days. I would have a half dozen different girl friends at the same time and yet was still looking for more. I would slowly strike a few off the list one at a time until I was down to just a few special gals, and that would last until something would go wrong and I'd be down to just one gal that I HOPED would be the ONE. But, generally there would be something missing and we would break up. Most often it was a case where they didn't enjoy the things I enjoyed, or, I didn't enjoy what they liked. When that relationship ended I'd be back to building up the trapline again.

Over time you learn there is a huge difference between being in love and being in lust. Even the lust part didn't always work out. Many women just don't enjoy sex. It's just something they do to keep their guy interested. Many of those women were the real beauties who were so self absorbed that they had no time for anyone else. Was I ever in love? No, there was too much to choose from to settle for just one. Even when I was married the first time I wasn't in love with the lady. We were just two people ready to get married at the same time and fit most of what we wanted in a partner.

She invited me to participate in the "marriage" ceremony with her family and of course I agreed - we had been together for six months. Then I took her to Hawaii where we had a really cool beach wedding on the island of Maui.

Ain't romance great? :)

She invited you to participate in the marriage..? How generous of her. Really.

To pay for this, she gives you precisely what she knows you want.... But don't worry, I'm sure she 'loves you too much', just as so many of her compatriates do to Western men all the time (no idea why they have such a bad reputation ).

Your perception of devotion and/or love is likely to be different. Emotions and the ability to provide a good life are two different things for most farangs. For a Thai, these two are the same; they can genuinely love someone for his generosity and financial stability. For a Thai, emotions are born and can co-exist within the context of this stability.

Obviously, there are a large number of hookers out there with a large house, a car and a couple of motorcycles for the entire family back in Isaan in mind.

We must always remember to leave our western minds behind when discussing this topic.

Edited by Forethat