Yingluck Says Europe Has Confidence In Thailand

Lite Beer

PM says Europe has confidence in Thailand

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

She said that Thailand also could express its goodwill towards Europe, which is experiencing a severe economic crisis, during her visit to the continent's major nations.

The prime minister was speaking from Paris during her weekly "Yingluck Government Meets the People" programme.

She said that during the visit to Germany, she spoke with Chancellor Angela Merkel about investment opportunities and democracy in Thailand. Yingluck said developing a green economy and alternative energy were also on the agenda. She added that Germany agreed to send technical experts to help Thailand improve the quality of products, in order to boost Thai exports to Europe.

The prime minister said that France, a fashion centre of the world, is a big market for Thailand's garment and jewellery products.

Yingluck's entourage was to leave Paris last night and is scheduled to arrive in Bangkok this morning.

French President Francois Hollande hailed Yingluck's "commitments in favour of democracy and freedom" as they met in Paris on Friday, Agence France-Presse reported.

They agreed to "diversify economic relations" and discussed political, educational and cultural cooperation, a statement from Hollande's office said.

They also vowed to boost military ties and said their defence ministries would sign a cooperation agreement.

Yingluck also met Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault, who hailed Thailand for "again finding the road to democracy and stability after a period of tensions", his office said.

The Foreign Ministry said Thailand is France's second-biggest trading partner in Asean, with trade worth about Bt100 billion in 2010, and is the third-largest importer of French products in the group

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-22

Not sure who puts together this kind of tripe, Is the Nation printing what their people submit or is this a press release sent out by the PM's spokeswoman for publication in Thailand?

If there was ever a candiate for the old addage, "keep them pregrant in the summer and barefoot in the winter" the PM seems to be a front runner.

She added that Germany agreed to send technical experts to help Thailand improve the quality of products, in order to boost Thai exports to Europe.

Hmmm, can anyone translate or explain about technical experts in what field? from which company? to help which company?

Germany agreed? but is not it a private matter?

She added that Germany agreed to send technical experts to help Thailand improve the quality of products, in order to boost Thai exports to Europe.

Hmmm, can anyone translate or explain about technical experts in what field? from which company? to help which company?

In what field? This field...............post-9891-0-73288600-1342931220_thumb.jp

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Clueless as usual.

If you are refering to anyone that accepts the Nation's statement as written, then yes I agree.

I believe what was said was something along the lines of rebuilding ties and a relationship.

Someone at the Nation left out the all important phrase, and of course there just had to be some people to latch onto it.

• Like 2

In what field? This field...............post-9891-0-73288600-1342931220_thumb.jp

Buffalo looks happy, i wonder how much it got paid for the photo shoottongue.png

Germany has been very active in providing technical assistance for at least the past 40 years. Germany is a major participant in providing energy technology, particularly green energy solutions. Private sector technical assistance is co-ordinated through the Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ). For those that don't know, the BMZ is not a new type of BMW, but the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development . The BMZ had focused on small and medum enterprises and has helped many Thai businesses and startups.

I know that one has a stereotype of Germans because of Pattaya and Patong, but there are alot of classy, respectable Germans that visit Thailand and contribute to the economy.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday said that her trip to Germany and France provided Thailand with a good opportunity to rebuild Europe

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Clueless as usual.

If you are refering to anyone that accepts the Nation's statement as written, then yes I agree.

I believe what was said was something along the lines of rebuilding ties and a relationship.

Someone at the Nation left out the all important phrase, and of course there just had to be some people to latch onto it.

Well said, but i did not know there was a problem in relations between Europe and Thailand.

Germany has been very active in providing technical assistance for at least the past 40 years. Germany is a major participant in providing energy technology, particularly green energy solutions. Private sector technical assistance is co-ordinated through the Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ). For those that don't know, the BMZ is not a new type of BMW, but the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development . The BMZ had focused on small and medum enterprises and has helped many Thai businesses and startups.

I know that one has a stereotype of Germans because of Pattaya and Patong, but there are alot of classy, respectable Germans that visit Thailand and contribute to the economy.

and yet BMW, Benz, VW, Audi still cost almost double in Thailandtongue.png

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it. For some reason, probably simple snobbery, you prefer the latter, but FYI they both contribute to the economy.

and yet BMW, Benz, VW, Audi still cost almost double in Thailandtongue.png

And vehicles cost 10-30% more in Canada than in the USA. The different pricing systems of car manufacturers combined with a country's internal tax policies are the reason. Thailand relies on import duties and sales taxes because it has an inadequate income tax collection system.,

And vehicles cost 10-30% more in Canada than in the USA. The different pricing systems of car manufacturers combined with a country's internal tax policies are the reason. Thailand relies on import duties and sales taxes because it has an inadequate income tax collection system.,

Thats their problem, i want cheap BMW etc.....

GK, hope you realize i am joking and am well aware of the taxes

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it. For some reason, probably simple snobbery, you prefer the latter, but FYI they both contribute to the economy.

You see with statements like that, ozmick, this is why you're so "credible". How can you not take a mind like that seriously?

Clueless as usual.

She can't even rebuild Thaialnd, more delusional ideas from te clone

• Like 1

You see with statements like that, ozmick, this is why you're so "credible". How can you not take a mind like that seriously?

I rarely take his patronising snobbery seriously, or yours. I never accept racial stereotyping, or that the "classy respectable" persons (in GK's view) are any more worthy than those who holiday in Pattaya and Patong, or even Samui.

"Money doesn't make the man." Thomas Dorsey

BTW which group would include the Germans that came here to sell over-priced fire-engines?

Edited by OzMick

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it.

I'd better confront my mum and dad with that "revelation" next time they visit.

And I wonder if she will arrange work permits for them ???

There are 2 types of visitors to Thailand, those that shag the locals and those that lie about it.

I'd better confront my mum and dad with that "revelation" next time they visit.

Happy to admit that the generalisation, paraphrased from a dimly remembered quote, is not 100% accurate.

• Like 1

The German Chancellor said during the press conference that a MoU, proposed by Thai government, will be negotiated by German government owned "Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH" (english: German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) Ltd.),

Further they spoke about a visit of the German Federal Minister of Commerce in September where they discuss cooperation in the private sector.

German chancellor also offered help in areas of renewable energy, state of the art coal-fired power plants and vocational training / university education.

Note: GIZ has a regional office in Bangkok. According to GIZ homepage, there are 25 foreign experts, 75 national (I guess Thai) experts, 11 CIM experts and 15 "weltwärts"- volunteers currently in Thailand.

Notes of the press conference (in German) at the official website of the German Chancellor: http://www.bundeskan...m-thailand.html

edit: They also mentioned cooperation for food safety (To avoid Thai exports send back from the EU, by not passing standard tests there.)

Edited by tenhoursaway
  • Like 1

Classy respectable Germans in Thailand ? Where? Hua Hin ? Pattaya? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thailand certainly exports alot of Isan wives to Deuchland thats for sure.

Edited by jalansanitwong