Why Did You Move To Pattaya?

Johnniey

Nearly everytime I see Pattaya on the Thai news it's for negative reasons.

The prostitutes, of course, is understandable, but they can be found in any other Thai city.

So why Pattaya?

I've been there a few times and can see the attraction for a few days, but not for any length.

agree, i personally hate pattaya deeply.

but for someone lets say "not so mobile" its a great place to be ..

the infrastructure compared to the size is only there like it is.

pricing is more "farangfriendly" as well ..

well for me i never would live there ever ...

but its okay to go from time to time .. talk stupid things ... make jokes require more then a IQ of 50 to be understood ..

things like that ...

or have some faring food costing half of the prices they do cost in bkk ;)

but as for myself .. i always drive back home to bkk at he same day.

Edited by nullx8

If you live outside of the touristy areas it is just like anywhere else in Thailand pretty much, and I have been all over Thailand so I know. I imagine most people made the move for either work or convenient access to certain amenities.

• Like 1

OP... How often you read the news? And what kind?

You have never read about great music festivals in pattaya that brings thousands from Bkk? Just to name a few.

I lived in bkk for 5 years

-dirty

-traffic jams

-expansive accommodation

I moved to pattaya, where u have a big house for 16000b/month

Have plenty if parks or areas to walk my dogs

The air is even different color, while it may not be the cleanest, it sure is much cleaner than bkk.

Have cable Internet , cable tv at reasonable price with local news and the list goes on.

No doubt pattaya has a number of negatives going for it but has much more positives for me to enjoy living here

Edited by phl

Because I can't live this lifestyle for the same money back in the U.S... Here I live like a king, have a beautiful wife and except for some minor irritations like Thai drivers, couldn't enjoy all this in the states for the same amount.

Why don't you look at the forum below this one, titled: "Is Pattaya the Most Convienent City in the World?" It will give you some ideas.

I am in Pattaya because my work is nearby.Like members have stated, you can find the Western conveniences here that we are use to. True,Pattaya bay is polluted but it is scenic with the islands in the distance (who swims that much in the sea anyway?)and the night lights. True, there are go-go bars and "ladies of the night" which brings a different breed of tourist, but very few of us who live here run down to Walking Street or soi 6 every night. You pick and choose what you want- no one forces you to hit a bar all night or walk down Beach Rd promenade at 2 in the morning. (By the way, I do not find houses or condos that inexpensive hereto buy compared to countries that are facing an economic turn down.)

Mt wife was born and raised in Pattaya with a large extended family - we lived in Oz for 17 years. We decided it was the right thing to do to move back to Thailand so when I die she is close to her family & support network. I had visited Pattaya many times over the past 24 years so was fully aware of the upside/downside and am at peace with my/our decision.

The low crime rate, five star beaches, diversity of cultures, high quality of food, unparalleled public transport, friendly native culture, low cost and clean air, I think that's about it.

5* Beaches ? Where ?

• Like 1

The low crime rate, five star beaches, diversity of cultures, high quality of food, unparalleled public transport, friendly native culture, low cost and clean air, I think that's about it.

5* Beaches ? Where ?

What, you don't understand toungue in cheek!

Really? I thought Pattayaa had a higher crime rate than the rest of the country. What with all the criminals living there - the mafias from other countries mixing with the Thai mafia.

Really? I thought Pattayaa had a higher crime rate than the rest of the country. What with all the criminals living there - the mafias from other countries mixing with the Thai mafia.

And you don't understand tongue in cheek either, does nobody do sarcasm any more!

And you don't understand tongue in cheek either, does nobody do sarcasm any more!

Someone really needs to invent a sarcasm font!

• Like 1

5* Beaches ? Where ?

Sarcasm for sure, but outside Pattaya, there are some good beaches. Bang Saray is one.

That much you feel the need to read and post on a Pattaya forum? is Bangkok that boring you got nothing better to do?

Are you not aware that many people come to the Pattaya forums for cheap entertainment?

Never a dull moment in the Pattaya forums. Always something crazy in the news, people getting attacked, fake police stories, ladyboys, drugs, crazy farangs, crooked police, scams, suicides, or someone flying off a condo. It's difficult to find that kind of action in any of the other forums. However, Phuket has been giving Pattaya a run for the money lately.