Accidents Happen And The Foreigner Wasn'T At Fault....

4evermaat

^^ Nice one. It's a nice little peace of mind to have, for 500 odd baht per year!

btw, did they mention that they debit the amount out of your account automatically each year?

The missus did ours and when I said it's almost time to renew them she said that's the procedure.

as stated before, it is 550 a year. I would imagine it would come out of the same linked account on renewal date.

Peace of mind? 5,000 Baht for hospital bills isn't much imho. I wouldn't have peace of mind with it. Or am i missing something here?

The hospital bill should not be over 5,000 baht in most cases. Mine was like 1000 or 1200 baht, and included 5 different prescription drugs, x-ray, and an arm cast (sling). I remember on a different occasion the bill was 200 or 300 baht to have a blood work drawn for gf's pregnancy. This was at a decent govt hospital. And if the thai person had their free medical coverage already, this is a great out-of-province emergency treatment. My understanding of the thai national free medical coverage is that it is only good in the same province that they are registered on a tambien baan. So if they move, they have to update registration after being added to a new tambien baan. Not sure if I misunderstood the gf explanation, I thought it was kind of stupid actually as people travel outside of their province, they are screwed out of coverage?