Any Farang In Ubon

MarcoH

I'm in Ubon right now.

Any one fancy a game of golf.

I was thinking of going out to the Dam Course.

I have transport.

Malcom

not a golf fan,, and too cold for golfing.....that is 9 hole cource in the dam??

:D

:D Any idea how many native speakers of English or American English live in Ubon and Warin?

I was in Ubon 1968-1971 with the US Army and married a local girl.

We are now looking at moving to Ubon in our retirement (I am 59.)

I was there in March/April 2005 and did not see any Farangs.

Chief,,

You are interested ONLY for Native English speaker's???

No any onther like European natinalities??

:D:D

Just wondering,, are we not good enough?

Marco,

Anyone that has learned English as a second language is "A - Number 1" in my book!

Learning a language other than the one you were raised with is an outstanding achievement.

In an attempt to clarify myself, I would enthusiactically welcome anyone that speaks English.

My only concern is for the non-native speaker in that they may have difficulty understanding my Texas "Twang" when I speak English.

If that is not bad enough, you should hear me speak Chinese Mandarin with a Texan accent!

:D Cheers!

G'Day Dave

im speaking 5 different lanquage including my own FINNISH and nothing of those in fluently,,,

Im working in LA so i should understand and all of us here,,

you will be surpriced how many Thai's also understand Eng but they just need little bit of Lao Kao as starter,,,,

regarding community here in Ubon, we have rather last foreign population here but not so many of them are socially active, we do have many UK,Norway,OZ,Kiwies, German and saw some Japs also,, so we have good soup here,,,,

at the moment we dont have like organized cathering outside of those who are spending tiime in the Swing club(not that kind of swing, that you might image :o )

Also, not so much activities yet here I.e bowling, but having said that it should be on the way.

I have been trying to collect info from many guys here, what the intrests would be, but mainly trend is same, every one work's and when they have free time,, tend to stay home.

But when you are here,, let me know and we go drink "real" beer,, dont have Bud, here luckily :burp:

-Marco-

Hi Marco,

I keep meaning to meet up with you guys at the "swing", but every time I make it into Ubon it seems to be a major family outing and spending the evening in a farang bar would not be popular !

One day soon will try to make an Ubon trip that does NOT involve Big C :D

Chief >> look forward to seeing you here too.

Cheers,

Mike

:D Any idea how many native speakers of English or American English live in Ubon and Warin?

I was in Ubon 1968-1971 with the US Army and married a local girl.

We are now looking at moving to Ubon in our retirement (I am 59.)

I was there in March/April 2005 and did not see any Farangs.

Chief,,

You are interested ONLY for Native English speaker's???

No any onther like European natinalities??

:D:D

Just wondering,, are we not good enough?

Marco,

Anyone that has learned English as a second language is "A - Number 1" in my book!

Learning a language other than the one you were raised with is an outstanding achievement.

In an attempt to clarify myself, I would enthusiactically welcome anyone that speaks English.

My only concern is for the non-native speaker in that they may have difficulty understanding my Texas "Twang" when I speak English.

If that is not bad enough, you should hear me speak Chinese Mandarin with a Texan accent!

:D Cheers!

G'Day Dave

im speaking 5 different lanquage including my own FINNISH and nothing of those in fluently,,,

Im working in LA so i should understand and all of us here,,

you will be surpriced how many Thai's also understand Eng but they just need little bit of Lao Kao as starter,,,,

regarding community here in Ubon, we have rather last foreign population here but not so many of them are socially active, we do have many UK,Norway,OZ,Kiwies, German and saw some Japs also,, so we have good soup here,,,,

at the moment we dont have like organized cathering outside of those who are spending tiime in the Swing club(not that kind of swing, that you might image :o )

Also, not so much activities yet here I.e bowling, but having said that it should be on the way.

I have been trying to collect info from many guys here, what the intrests would be, but mainly trend is same, every one work's and when they have free time,, tend to stay home.

But when you are here,, let me know and we go drink "real" beer,, dont have Bud, here luckily :burp:

-Marco-

Hi Marco,

I keep meaning to meet up with you guys at the "swing", but every time I make it into Ubon it seems to be a major family outing and spending the evening in a farang bar would not be popular !

One day soon will try to make an Ubon trip that does NOT involve Big C :D

Chief >> look forward to seeing you here too.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike

nice to hear from you, what part of Phibun you live?

Have to say on my behave, that im not so often in the town and going to "swing" im one of those also who live out from the town and if i do go there that would be during day time, usually im back home if not closing my shop at 6pm, but maybe after jay is here and thaibites getting better (from cold), we can make something out during eveing time....

i will PM you my HP No.

I'm in Ubon right now.

I have transport.

how long will you be in ubon. my best friend will be back in 3 weeks. i cannot go this trip. we always swing out to the dam course. Last time cleared the water and over the green on number 9. The caddies just shake their heads about distance. pity i cannot putt. anyway, let me know if you will be in ubon at the end of feb as he would probably be up for a game.

Hi Don,

Not sure at the moment.

Let me know when you arroive.

I'm off to the army course this afternoon.

Cheers

I'm in Ubon right now.

I have transport.

how long will you be in ubon. my best friend will be back in 3 weeks. i cannot go this trip. we always swing out to the dam course. Last time cleared the water and over the green on number 9. The caddies just shake their heads about distance. pity i cannot putt. anyway, let me know if you will be in ubon at the end of feb as he would probably be up for a game.

jay-uk

I have a V3 and used it in the Ubon area, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

Is your V3 unlocked? If not better get that done.

Get the Motarola Mobile Phone Tools (do the update), it comes with a data cable (usb to 5pin usb).

Buy a 12 call sim 300 baht (gets you 50 baht airtime) and 300 baht refill. You can get the sim outside of BigC at one of the phone stalls across the street and the refill on the ground floor inside BigC at one of those phone shops.

Let Phone Tools do the modem setup or you can manually enter:

APN = internet

UserName = ais

Password = ais

This will get you 24 hours a month 'free' GPRS.

Must admit this forum is very sloooow on GPRS to the point of unusable. I missed this thread. But, it's cool to check email book AirAsia, check-in for flights and view low bandwidth sites in the middle of Moo Bann Ek Noi. (Samrong), get 2 bars most of the time. If you need to download files get a download manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) works good.

And for places to go, head to the Nevada club and check-out the 7 Sexy Leo Girls.

Was only 5 when I went and one I would call sexy mak mak.

MaroH,

stopped by SK and met a falang Muay Thai in training at the coffee bar.

Also got a free palm reading from the palm reading guy, he said my heart had been broken. Wow, he's good. Did not see another boxida anywhere, where do you hide.

Malcolminthemiddle

Would have loved to play a round. Maybe next trip.

Side Note:

Saw a falang that got rear ended by a Lotus Van as he was leaving Lotus . Did not look like he was having a good day. Looked like a bent bumper. Mai pen lie.

jay-uk

I have a V3 and used it in the Ubon area, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

Is your V3 unlocked? If not better get that done.

Get the Motarola Mobile Phone Tools (do the update), it comes with a data cable (usb to 5pin usb).

Buy a 12 call sim 300 baht (gets you 50 baht airtime) and 300 baht refill. You can get the sim outside of BigC at one of the phone stalls across the street and the refill on the ground floor inside BigC at one of those phone shops.

Let Phone Tools do the modem setup or you can manually enter:

APN = internet

UserName = ais

Password = ais

This will get you 24 hours a month 'free' GPRS.

Must admit this forum is very sloooow on GPRS to the point of unusable. I missed this thread. But, it's cool to check email book AirAsia, check-in for flights and view low bandwidth sites in the middle of Moo Bann Ek Noi. (Samrong), get 2 bars most of the time. If you need to download files get a download manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) works good.

And for places to go, head to the Nevada club and check-out the 7 Sexy Leo Girls.

Was only 5 when I went and one I would call sexy mak mak.

MaroH,

stopped by SK and met a falang Muay Thai in training at the coffee bar.

Also got a free palm reading from the palm reading guy, he said my heart had been broken. Wow, he's good. Did not see another boxida anywhere, where do you hide.

Malcolminthemiddle

Would have loved to play a round. Maybe next trip.

Side Note:

Saw a falang that got rear ended by a Lotus Van as he was leaving Lotus . Did not look like he was having a good day. Looked like a bent bumper. Mai pen lie.

Saw,,,,

im not in SK all the time,,,im only there when i need to be.

PM your handphone so i can call ya

-M-

can anybody say something about the UBONBURI resort ? it seems to be a lovely, quiet place, though a little out of town..... and is it possible to rent a cheap Suzuki Carribean Jeep or something like that in Ubon ? just a small AC on wheels to get around.... no limousine or such thing....

can anybody say something about the UBONBURI resort ? it seems to be a lovely, quiet place, though a little out of town..... and is it possible to rent a cheap Suzuki Carribean Jeep or something like that in Ubon ? just a small AC on wheels to get around.... no limousine or such thing....

Ubon buri,,

Well flooded place,been under waterwold 2yrs on the row.. few yrs back, too far from town

Box with wheels rental is just front of Mazda in the main road,, they have small Suzukis..

-Marco-

• 2 weeks later...
G'Day mate's

just arrive back home,, wondering if there would be any new or existing farang's in town's,,,, not for bar hub

-Marco-

Hello I will shortly be coming up and looking for an apartment or house to rent -mid April hopefully, may eentually buy a house or land but I dont know the area yet.

G'Day mate's

just arrive back home,, wondering if there would be any new or existing farang's in town's,,,, not for bar hub

-Marco-

Hello I will shortly be coming up and looking for an apartment or house to rent -mid April hopefully, may eentually buy a house or land but I dont know the area yet.

Ubon is rather large area and availability is large, bit spec what area, how much you wanna spend per mth and what u wanna have in your flat.....

-Marco-