Utter Idiocy

GuestHouse

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, driving blind bend, solid yellow line. Truck and dog coming the other way, motorbike passes truck. We are in a big SUV no room to pull over. Bike goes between us and the truck. If the space had been any less I would have lost my mirror and rider would have gone under the truck. Up to Buddha. Jim

Today, driving blind bend, solid yellow line. Truck and dog coming the other way, motorbike passes truck. We are in a big SUV no room to pull over. Bike goes between us and the truck. If the space had been any less I would have lost my mirror and rider would have gone under the truck. Up to Buddha. Jim

Was it this one ?

hong%20kong%20phooey.jpg

• Like 1

OMG! What happened to the dog?

Not from OZ I guess. Jim

Not from OZ I guess. Jim

Actually, I used to have two dogs and sometimes three when off the beaten track south of Longreach headed for Isisford (and nobody was looking). Never lost any but did get one stuck on a fence once.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Surely you mean the mirror???

So GuestHouse ... as you can well see by the TiTness of the replies ... nothing unusual in the photo for Thailand.

In the first photo, of the 2 motorcyclists ... which is considered the worse crime?

• The child standing on the back on the bike with no helmet?

• Or the man and child, neither with a helmet riding the wrong way up the street?

EDIT removed a comment and added a few

Edited by David48

Last Wednesday, in blinding rain, a car in front of me was driving the conditions, I was behind him keeping a close eye on the traffic and the roads, and an estate car loaded to the gunnels, can't see out of his rear view mirror, overtakes on a blind bend, he can't overtake fast because the roads are flowing with water.

I drop back because I know the bend, car coming the other way, on coming car brakes, car in front of me brakes and the car on the wrong side of the road brakes, contra indicatitions, smash somehow avoided, I still don't know how.

There are stupid people everywhere. Just take a look on the threads on the front page of General today and the responses to them, generally western posters, not going to kill anyone I suppose, but would you get in a car with them?

DSC02617_th.JPG

im more afraid of encountering these trucks!

That's just a very light-weight load, empty plastic bottles or something. The truck doesn't look overloaded, unlike some trucks that carry water bottles or gas tanks or bricks, which are much less in volume, but severely overloaded.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

DSC02617_th.JPG

That's just a very light-weight load, empty plastic bottles or something. The truck doesn't look overloaded, unlike some trucks that carry water bottles or gas tanks or bricks, which are much less in volume, but severely overloaded.

A couple of weeks ago i had a motorcyclist crash into the back of my car while i was turning left, signals on etc, anyway after a few hours of him claiming it was my fault, followed by his colleague turning up and trying to get aggressive, then his boss turning up and being polite, it transpires I am the only one with insurance and eventually after my insurance turn up they admit fault and pay up to the insurance guy, I did have to seize his keys to stop him riding away also, anyway i digress, after this i head to collect my wife from the hospital and just as i am turning into the hospital i hear another bang, i think I have been hit again even though i saw nothing in my mirror before turning., I look to the left and see a pick up so over loaded the rear axle had just snapped as it was passing me. This is in the middle of bangkok

He was driving the truck I think.

Not from OZ I guess. Jim

Actually, I used to have two dogs and sometimes three when off the beaten track south of Longreach headed for Isisford (and nobody was looking). Never lost any but did get one stuck on a fence once.

could'nt make up his mind, eh!

DSC02617_th.JPG

You mean overloaded like this? I think its fertalizer. The truck sounded like a thrashing machine.

post-123755-0-56085000-1343101352_thumb.