Traveling In Thailand Cheaper ,Like Staying At Home?

Sandman77

Hello!

Before, we have the € traveling was expensive, and food cheap, around same level now in Thailand!

1O years ago!

On many Internet page, I read when the € go down more, we don't go to Thailand anymore,because its to expensive!

Sure some mass tourist destination, like Phuket , food costs me also nearly same in the restaurant 1700 bath for t 2 people every day!

When I stay in Thailand for a 6 month every year!,I think a still can save also when the € is low!

When I would stay in the eu, I pay 3000€ for the oil for heat, 400€ to 500€ every month for food, and In Thailand 2 people can have a good life for 1000€ month!

Or also 600€ 700€ on the country side!

So the cheap airline price of only 300€ one way to Asia makes it possible !

One time I go in the shop here 150€ gone for food, and 4 days later the same again!

How much , the € must go down, you think, that all the living coasts food rent the house car etc, mean everything in one month must go down, that Thailand have the same price of living coast because of low euro for the tourist that we have in the eu?

Under 30 bath for one euro, same the dollar, this scenario can come quickly !

I still not understand, why the value of Thai bath not go down, before and after the flood!

When thausends of companys broken,and have production stop!

Can someone explain this?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

>On many Internet page, I read when the € go down more, we don't go to Thailand anymore,because its to expensive!

Sure some mass tourist destination, like Phuket , food costs me also nearly same in the restaurant 1700 bath for t 2 people every day!

When I stay in Thailand for a 6 month every year!,I think a still can save also when the € is low!

When I would stay in the eu, I pay 3000€ for the oil for heat, 400€ to 500€ every month for food, and In Thailand 2 people can have a good life for 1000€ month!

Or also 600€ 700€ on the country side!

You miss the point. You are correct that it is much cheaper to live in thailand than in euroland.

But only if you spend in LOS like you spend @home.

People that saying that they don't come anymore to thailand because it is to expensive are also right. But not compared with home but with the goodies that they want in LOS. Everyday a massage, western food, and "Hookers" can be expensive coffee1.gif

>I still not understand, why the value of Thai bath not go down, before and after the flood!

When thausends of companys broken,and have production stop!

Can someone explain this?

If you destroy many things, you need to build up many things. Destruction is good for the economy.... sadly.

Why do you expect Thailand to be cheap? Its the 21st Century, Thailand has far better infastructure etc than Europe, lets be honest, most of Europe is third world compared to Thailand..get used to it..the Euro will get worse and Thailand will be more expensive than ever.

Why do you expect Thailand to be cheap? Its the 21st Century, Thailand has far better infastructure etc than Europe, lets be honest, most of Europe is third world compared to Thailand..get used to it..the Euro will get worse and Thailand will be more expensive than ever.

What infra structure are u talking about? If an average person makes 15000bt a month in Thailand but in Europe 50000,then somebody should exspect Thailand to be cheaper.Anyway I still think if stick with thai products or thaifood then Thailand still much cheaper than Europe,I can not remember to find a place in Germany for example where u can get a meal for 25-30 bt

What infra structure are u talking about? If an average person makes 15000bt a month in Thailand but in Europe 50000,then somebody should exspect Thailand to be cheaper.Anyway I still think if stick with thai products or thaifood then Thailand still much cheaper than Europe,I can not remember to find a place in Germany for example where u can get a meal for 25-30 bt

Also 12-15 yrs ago i got easy a flight to Thailand for 18-25000bt with a normal airlinle like KLM,Air France or BA,today for 20000 u not even get a one way flight for ,At that time people said"well maybe the flight to Thailand is more expensive than flight to Spain or Italy,but the low costs in Thailand makes it a cheap destination",that sure changed,but that has to do with the oil price and the greed of airlines.!5 yrs ago u bought a ticket for 20000bt,10-15 was tax,today u buy a ticket for 40000 but 50% is tax

"Thailand has far better infrastructure than Europe..." Hahaha, quote of the week! Where exactly in Europe do you live? Albania? Bulgaria?

Outside Bangkok, Thailand has minimal or non-existent infrastructure, even in so-called tourist hotspots like Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

What gives me the impression that some people only post on Thai Visa after a night of heavy drinking?

• Like 1

10 years ago things were definately much cheaper than they are today. So yes, the cost of living has increased in Thailand. While, simultaneously, the exchange rate has dropped dramatically. That means those of us living here have had to endure a double whammy. Meanwhile, inflation continues unabated.

"Thailand has far better infrastructure than Europe..." Hahaha, quote of the week! Where exactly in Europe do you live? Albania? Bulgaria?

Outside Bangkok, Thailand has minimal or non-existent infrastructure, even in so-called tourist hotspots like Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

What gives me the impression that some people only post on Thai Visa after a night of heavy drinking?

Try living in the UK, you will soon see what I mean....Thailand wins hands down.