Can Foreigners Pay By Installments At Bigc?

Chads

I'm moving to Thailand soon and I need to get some electronic devices such as a TV and electric cooker.

I noticed that BigC offers payment by monthly installments. Can foreigners pay in that manner or is it only for locals?

Is an ATM card sufficient? Or are there ATM cards that double as "credit/debit" cards?

Just credit cards or loan cards like Aeon.

Op. To be fair if you haven't got a spare 20,000b to buy stuff maybe rethink your moving to Thailand.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

I actually have well over 20,000 to spare, but 20,000 seems to be the cost of the tv.

I need to factor other devices and furniture that I would need to get in the week I get there itself, and that's why I'm asking about this.

I've only done it once several years ago on a large expenditure and had a Thai guarantor (aka co-signer). No cc involved, just a down payment. Without a credit rating (Thailand), may be the only route to go other than cc.

I actually have well over 20,000 to spare, but 20,000 seems to be the cost of the tv.

I need to factor other devices and furniture that I would need to get in the week I get there itself, and that's why I'm asking about this.

Wow. That's some tv. Lg 42" lcd is like 10thou. But ok. Best of luck.

And some run 80-90 thou so not sure of your point.

He is trying to say OP should live within his means. If he cant afford to buy some 60 inch tv then he shouldnt buy it. A 42" is more then fine isnt it.

• Like 1

My point was IF you were having to rely on finance when 1st arriving in Thailand just because you want the latest biggest tv then whats the point. A 42" Lg can be got for less than 10 grand. That was my point. :blink:

• Like 1

My point was IF you were having to rely on finance when 1st arriving in Thailand just because you want the latest biggest tv then whats the point. A 42" Lg can be got for less than 10 grand. That was my point. blink.png

I didn't know a 42" is 10 grand. The ones I saw at Big C were close to 20 grand for that size.

My point was IF you were having to rely on finance when 1st arriving in Thailand just because you want the latest biggest tv then whats the point. A 42" Lg can be got for less than 10 grand. That was my point. blink.png

I didn't know a 42" is 10 grand. The ones I saw at Big C were close to 20 grand for that size.

Tesco lotus is way better than Big C. I saw one last night.

To be fair it could have been a clearance price but boxed and warranted so no problem.

I find that Tesco do better deals than Big C. They also offer 7 days no quibble return on electronic items. Try that at Big C :D

Tesco lotus is way better than Big C. I saw one last night.

To be fair it could have been a clearance price but boxed and warranted so no problem.

I find that Tesco do better deals than Big C. They also offer 7 days no quibble return on electronic items. Try that at Big C biggrin.png

Yes it might have been clearance. A friend just told me the 42" TVs are about 20 grand at Tesco too.

My LG 42" was 22,000 from Big C. maybe 1 year ago.

Edited by Johnniey

She, who does the ironing, once bought an iron at powerbuy ( 2100,-) with a powerbuy card; no down payment, financed over 12 month, 0% interest ( I still cringe about that one...)

We always look for deals like this while buying stuff because our cash money generates money

Only financed one thing in Thailand. Got woken up one night at 2am with, "hey honey, come downstairs, I have a surprise for you". I stumble downstairs, and it's a fuc_ken vacuum cleaner. Only 700 down + 700/month for 6 months! Oh good, so a 2000 baht vacuum for 4900. Would even be a better idea if we had any carpet or cloth in the house!

Anyyway, I'm with the guys above. Buy within your means. Struggle by with a 32" (or gasp! 25") TV for a while, save up, and buy your new TV when you have the money. Then you have a spare TV for the bedroom, or whatever. A couple months ago I picked up a new 32" Samsung TV for 9000.

Edited by cdnmatt

I was only going to take one or two of the most expensive items on credit. But you're right, it will end up at so much higher than the original cash price. Thank you for all your advice.

• Like 1