Ie Menus, How To Stop That Folding Up Thing

stevehaigh

i don't know why by the favorites menu on my IE has just started doing this really anoying thing and only shows the 1st 5 bookmarks. then i have to click the arrows to see the rest. have microsoft nothing better to do with their time !!!!!!!!

anyhow, does anyone know how to turn that off?

thx

Edited by stevehaigh

While not irritating per se, there is a clear spectrum of skills on any forum. Many who ask questions have no idea how to properly craft a post so that it gets an answer. This is understandable since it appears schools do not teach people how to ask a question -- an important skill in any endeavor.

Source: Bangkok Post, 4 JAN 2006, Graham K. Rogers, “More fromDoctor Smoke”

What version of IE are you using?

Did this start to happen after you changed from one version to another, or after you installed other new software?

-----------------

Maestro

While not irritating per se, there is a clear spectrum of skills on any forum. Many who ask questions have no idea how to properly craft a post so that it gets an answer. This is understandable since it appears schools do not teach people how to ask a question -- an important skill in any endeavor.

Source: Bangkok Post, 4 JAN 2006, Graham K. Rogers, “More fromDoctor Smoke”

What version of IE are you using?

Did this start to happen after you changed from one version to another, or after you installed other new software?

-----------------

Maestro

ok, you got me, there's more to this than my original post. it's IE 6.0.2800.1106.blah.blah.blah

i did install some software, some thai translation stuff which didn't work well so i removed it.

i tried the above 2 ideas and neither worked.

steve

ok, you got me, there's more to this than my original post. it's IE 6.0.2800.1106.blah.blah.blah

i did install some software, some thai translation stuff which didn't work well so i removed it.

i tried the above 2 ideas and neither worked.

When my computer (Windows XP) starts to act up for no good reason I run a utility that cleans up the registry. In fact, I gradually got into the habit of running it every time after uninstalling a program; it’s incredible what gets left behind.

I use RegistryFix, but there are many others around (www.download.com, etc.). You get a free trial period with RegistryFix and probably also with others. There may also be some freeware around.

-------------

Maestro

bah - u beat me to it Insight.

But anyway ... how come anyone is still using IE ?

Maxthon browser is far far better and is IE based. Opera, Firefox, and Avant also have excellent browsers ...

I feel that often new software is gimmicky and superfluous, but these browsers are so utterly superior to IE that you will never look back.

You can also tidy up your menus using Start/settings/Taskbar & Start Menu/Advanced/Advanced

You can create folders here to group programmes into more manageable sets,

rather than the higglede pigglede list you probably have at the moment.

It will make the menu list shorter and easier to display and use.

Tools/Internet Options/"Advanced" tab (at the top)...

"Enable Personalized Favourites Menu" underneath the "Browsing" section of the checkboxes...

Click "OK", then feel the weight of the world fall from your shoulders.

sorry but that didn't do a thing.

"Enable Personalized Favourites Menu" underneath the "Browsing" section of the checkboxes...

sorry but that didn't do a thing.

i just got a popup that said something like "where have all my favorites gone? click here to show. to disable this feature see Internet Options"!

freeking microsoft! there are a thousand options on Internet Options and none of them seem to change this behavior. i even tried reseting all my advanced settings to default.

maybe it is time for a new browser!

There is no reason that I can see why this would not work. It does for me. On the advanced options tab the option you want is the 13th down the list - you need to UNCHECK it.

But anyway, I would agree that it is time for a new browser ... There is a thread about the different browsers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...hl=browser+wars