Holiday Inn Lunch Buffet

LawrenceChee

If one wants to stuff oneself on mediocre food in nice surroundings, 230 baht is not a bad price. I rather spend a little more and go to Marco's or the Duke's or spend less and go to Gecko Garden. However, the more expensive Sunday buffet is a treat from time to time as it has a lot more interesting dishes.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday it's 690 baht or 550 with a member card (free at front desk). Kids under 10 eat free. Great selection of desserts, one or two carvery items, the Thai beef is at your own risk, or bring a sharp serrated knife. Nice oysters, river prawns, mussels, Moreton Bay bugs, pipi's (tiny mussels). Good selection of cheeses and breads, crackers, juices, pasta's, pizza, dim sum, etc, etc.

Sunday it's 690 baht or 550 with a member card (free at front desk). Kids under 10 eat free. Great selection of desserts, one or two carvery items, the Thai beef is at your own risk, or bring a sharp serrated knife. Nice oysters, river prawns, mussels, Moreton Bay bugs, pipi's (tiny mussels). Good selection of cheeses and breads, crackers, juices, pasta's, pizza, dim sum, etc, etc.

I am a big flan of Prawns. River Prawns I find tasteless. Therefore not that big of a draw for me. The one time I was there about 6 months ago I was disappointed.

I am a big flan of Prawns. River Prawns I find tasteless. Therefore not that big of a draw for me. The one time I was there about 6 months ago I was disappointed.

There were 14 of us last Sunday, all impressed. So i guess it's about personal tastes.

• 10 months later...

Just heard the rumor that Holiday Inn now charges THB 830 or 840 for Sunday brunch buffet.

Is this a misinformation or did they really increase the price by more than 20%?

Did anybody go there recently?

Just heard the rumor that Holiday Inn now charges THB 830 or 840 for Sunday brunch buffet.Is this a misinformation or did they really increase the price by more than 20%?Did anybody go there recently?

THB830,that is correct. ( 15 per cent discount with member card) They did the same thing with the Xmas lunch last year almost doubling the prices from the previous year.

Our regular lunch group is between 6 & 16, we do not go there anymore.

Like most hotel lunch buffett

There buffets have gone down hill...especially Thanksgiving......cold entrees and poor quality.

Not only Holiday inn most buffets have gone down hill. I can remember when the Grand View buffet was worth a visit as was The Empress. But not nowadays

The Grandview is okay, I went there around a month ago, they have more than 6 months prior, it didn't cost much and was pretty tasty, they have a good variety as well, Ummmm 3 of 5 stars I would rate it. it's easy to park as well....

Just heard the rumor that Holiday Inn now charges THB 830 or 840 for Sunday brunch buffet.Is this a misinformation or did they really increase the price by more than 20%?Did anybody go there recently?

THB830,that is correct. ( 15 per cent discount with member card) They did the same thing with the Xmas lunch last year almost doubling the prices from the previous year.

Okay I'll bite - Where is it better, sounds like you have a group thing going on and are in the know?

Thanks, Thailand.

And I agree with your and your lunch group's decision.

Okay, so where do you go now? is here some better venue to try, if s please post it!

Wow! Moved out to the country 5 years ago, back then the top of the heap buffet was 500bht I think. I know 5 years is a long time and things must go up but 830bht seems a little steep. To bad when friends came to Thailand to visit I liked to play the big shot and pick up the tab at one of the various 4 star hotel buffet's. Maybe it's for the best, I'll still play the big shot at any number of Chiangmai's other excelent restaurant's for half the price.thumbsup.gif

Edited by habfan

Wow! Moved out to the country 5 years ago, back then the top of the heap buffet was 500bht I think. I know 5 years is a long time and things must go up but 830bht seems a little steep. To bad when friends came to Thailand to visit I liked to play the big shot and pick up the tab at one of the various 4 star hotel buffet's. Maybe it's for the best, I'll still play the big shot at any number of Chiangmai's other excelent restaurant's for half the price.thumbsup.gif

To be perfectly honest it is my belief that with the cost of living going up and up it was either raise the price or cut the selection and the quality.

I have noticed the food courts now give less than they used to. They just left the price where it was and cut down on the size of the servings. I think I have noticed lately that prices are going back up.