Visa Extension Marriage Question

Hello. I have a quick couple of questions re extension based on marriage. (I have spent some time looking but can't find definitive answers).

1. Wife's House Registration... Is a copy or the original book required?

2. Is Affirmation of Freedom to marry required (from UK Embassy)?

Any advise much appreciated

Many thanks

C

Edited by cms22

1. both original and two copies are required.

2. a copy of the letter is now sometimes asked for, so if you have take it with you or ask for a copy at the amphur where you got married.

Thank you, Mario

As said it proves the marriage is ongoing as well as extra proof of validity. Any district office can download and print for recent marriages so no need to return to original registration office for most people.

I have never had a newer record from the Amphur, I believe that having the original marriage certificates is also proof of ongoing and continuing marriage. As upon divorce they are returned to the amphur.

I have never had a newer record from the Amphur, I believe that having the original marriage certificates is also proof of ongoing and continuing marriage. As upon divorce they are returned to the amphur.

Some immigration offices require a new K.R. 2 form every year.

Some immigration offices require a new K.R. 2 form every year.

Yep, we where told because home computer/printers are that good, folk are copying the original marriage thing for visa purposes whistling.gif , KR 2 cannot be copied cos boss signs and dates.

Never beeen ask for anything but the marriage certificate in 15 years of going through this fun exercise. The marriage certificate should have an official Thai seal stamp along with signature on it. The copies you provide to immigration are copies, but they can ask to see the originals of everything you provide, so always take them with you.

Unless you are always moving around, the Officers who do your paperwork get to know you a little and process your paperwork each year. When something required changes, they always tell us they have a new Head of Immigration in the Office and he wants something done a little different.

You'll get used to it. I do not have experience with the smaller Immigration offices around the country, but believe these nuances are a "I'm in charge" thing.