New Thai Delicacy : Dog

aneliane

Is it OK to eat horse?. Not in my culture sad.png

Yes indeed, not in my culture either.. a trip to "une boucherie chevaline" has never been on the cards.

Let them retire gracefullyermm.gif

This is just ridiculous

it's not because I am French that I have to be accountable for all the wrongs doing in my country, I obviously despise these practices

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting trade.Have a look at the insrument on the side.It is a clamp which is opened and then put around the poor dogs chest or neck and image the sounds of distress by the dog.slide_214551_787023_free.jpg?1331896978 On two occasions I have witnessed dogs being captured and it is not a pretty sight.Never want to see it again.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

I think the point many are trying to make here is that our taboos against certain meats are artificial, and widely varied. For you, a vegitarian, it will always seem wrong to eat any meat. For many others, it all comes down to their own feelings toward individual species. At the end of the day animals are animals, and none of us have the right to pick and choose which ones others use for sustinence based upon which ones we individually have an affection for.

I would say to eat a dog isn't worse than eat a pig.....both are smart animals.

While eating frogs would be less cruel....

But as one of my religious friends says" "If god wouldn't want us to eat pigs, he wouldn't have made them so delicious....."

Skippy (Kangeroo) Meat can be had on the menu here.

I am sure that David does a very mean "roo burger"biggrin.png

BBQ roo ...tongue.png full of protein.

Crocodile/ Camel meat

We feed roo to our dogs .. but my god the flatus smells are something else.ermm.gif

With Kangaroo being a high quality, low fat meat, it has been a staple in the diet of the Australian Aborigines for many a year, most likely thousands of years.

You can actually buy it packaged in a Woolworths (TESCO) Supermarket here.

Actually there are 3 Roos for every person in OZ.

• Like 2

it's more like beef with a more filamentous texture and a distinct subtle taste. you have horse steak for example which are quite similar to beefsteak

I know Austrian Leberkaes (kind of sausage) which is specially delicious made from horse.

Fohlenschnitzel...fried...something between beef and pork

Uzbekistan horse sausage: very fat and tasty but too heavy for Thailand

Possible to buy horse meat in Bangkok?

Sorry this is distastefull

Yes indeed, not in my culture either.. a trip to "une boucherie chevaline" has never been on the cards.

This is just ridiculous

it's not because I am French that I have to be accountable for all the wrongs doing in my country, I obviously despise these practices

It is about as ridiculous to me as eating dog. Issan have practiced eating dog for many a long year. For us dog lovers it is unimaginable but so it happens. The eating of rat is also high on the menu and for me is equally repulsive, but this is what the accepted norm in Thailand.

Crocodile/ Camel meat

We feed roo to our dogs .. but my god the flatus smells are something else.ermm.gif

With Kangaroo being a high quality, low fat meat, it has been a staple in the diet of the Australian Aborigines for many a year, most likely thousands of years.

You can actually buy it packaged in a Woolworths (TESCO) Supermarket here.

Actually there are 3 Roos for every person in OZ.

Why are you still here ?

In your own word this topic has no fact or point

just leave

Crocodile/ Camel meat

Kangeroo steak I would be afraid that it jumps out of the pan laugh.png

biggrin.png marinate it first, which dispenses with the rigor mortis and its beautifully tender. No hopping involved.smile.png

Next week I go Macro market....will have a look if I can get one.

Some Kangeroo, Crocodile, Rabbit and some lamb.....My wife will be tell me that I am very disgustinglicklips.gif

Aneliane makes me really hungry....

This is just ridiculous

It is about as ridiculous to me as eating dog. Issan have practiced eating dog for many a long year. For us dog lovers it is unimaginable but so it happens. The eating of rat is also high on the menu and for me is equally repulsive, but this is what the accepted norm in Thailand.

it's not about eating beef kangorou or dog

it's about animal suffering and animal bred as pet

it's more like beef with a more filamentous texture and a distinct subtle taste. you have horse steak for example which are quite similar to beefsteak

I know Austrian Leberkaes (kind of sausage) which is specially delicious made from horse.

no it is very tasteful

beatdeadhorse.gif if it is soft

Crocodile/ Camel meat

Kangeroo steak I would be afraid that it jumps out of the pan laugh.png

biggrin.png marinate it first, which dispenses with the rigor mortis and its beautifully tender. No hopping involved.smile.png

Next week I go Macro market....will have a look if I can get one.

Some Kangeroo, Crocodile, Rabbit and some lamb.....My wife will be tell me that I am very disgustinglicklips.gif

Aneliane makes me really hungry....

And I will try and find some H90 testicles to give to my dogs

no it is very tasteful

beatdeadhorse.gif if it is soft

Can I try this on you ?

Disgusting trade.Have a look at the insrument on the side.It is a clamp which is opened and then put around the poor dogs chest or neck and image the sounds of distress by the dog.slide_214551_787023_free.jpg?1331896978

+1

Absolutely

Our relatives who have farms in Australia have one saying "anything that has a name" cant be eaten.

Hence everything is nameless.biggrin.png .

Animal suffering per se is atrocious ... be it cow, dog, sheep, horse etc. I fully condone the eating "dog", as a domestic animal it has no place on a dinner table as far as I am concerned. But this is Thailand, and to change the mindset of either Thais, Vietnamese or Chinese would take many a year. Lets face it, I have seen some extreme cases of human cruelty in these countries which to my mind would be the first thing I would like to stop.

Our relatives who have farms in Australia have one saying "anything that has a name" cant be eaten.

Animal suffering per se is atrocious ... be it cow, dog, sheep, horse etc. I fully condone the eating "dog", as a domestic animal it has no place on a dinner table as far as I am concerned. But this is Thailand, and to change the mindset of either Thais, Vietnamese or Chinese would take many a year. Lets face it, I have seen some extreme cases of human cruelty in these countries which to my mind would be the first thing I would like to stop.

The hierarchy argument has been debated and proven wrong (see above)

OK, I found something to contribute to the topic:

http://puppybeef.com/recipes.php

http://wolf.ok.ac.kr.../english/e5.htm

it sounds OK......My dog may disagree and he is lucky that he already too old....

right

so why did we spend several hundred years breeding inter breeding and perfecting this race so it became super friendly to human, just to make a stew ?

• Like 1

I think it is complete ridiculous that Muslim don't eat pigs.

Muslims may thing that I am a complete disgusting person to eat pig.

I think these in Isaan are disgusting for eating dogs.

They may think that I am an idiot to not eat that delicious puppy

it sounds OK......My dog may disagree and he is lucky that he already too old....

right

so why did we spend several hundred years breeding inter breeding and perfecting this race so it became super friendly to human, just to make a stew ?

Well, I didn't inter breeding with dogs....

Never tried dog. Can't imagine it'd be all that much different from other mammalian meat. I think Roi Et has some street hawkers selling dog.

I've got a dog as a pet and wouldn't eat her, but as for the soi dogs .. well, not a delicacy perhaps, but a source of protein.

right

Well, I didn't inter breeding with dogs....

We as human

Never tried dog. Can't imagine it'd be all that much different from other mammalian meat. I think Roi Et has some street hawkers selling dog.

I've got a dog as a pet and wouldn't eat her, but as for the soi dogs .. well, not a delicacy perhaps, but a source of protein.

With that theory, you should try eating human too, as long as you don't know who it is ermm.gif

If you wish to inform - up to you. But with the animal welfare organisation shutting down due to lack of funds shows the level of demonstrable interest

Well I am interested, more than that I am outraged and I wish more to inform, but raise awareness

words are cheap - as i said "demonstrable interest" i.e. funding. If you can spare the time why not set up a fund raising mission

With that theory, you should try eating human too, as long as you don't know who it is ermm.gif

Cannibalism would solve the problem with food fascists as they'd be the first on the plate, yeah, but it's AFAIK illegal in most places. Probably has to do something with procuring the dinner. Has additional disadvantages due to transmittable diseases as well.

Papua New Guinea apparently still has that sort of an tradition, eating the enemy.

Edited by DrTuner

They do say "you are what you eat" w00t.gif

If you wish to inform - up to you. But with the animal welfare organisation shutting down due to lack of funds shows the level of demonstrable interest

Well I am interested, more than that I am outraged and I wish more to inform, but raise awareness

words are cheap - as i said "demonstrable interest" i.e. funding. If you can spare the time why not set up a fund raising mission

I took 5 soi dogs off the street so far, I cannot afford more because need a big house + garden + medical care, food etc

From human meat you can get some diseases...that why you shouldn't eat your uncle.