All Things Ipad In Thailand

finy

Hey guys and gals,

I'm thinking about buying an iPad and I was wondering if I should wait until I come to Thailand.

I need something to connect to the Internet when I'm out and about. I thought an iPad would be great. I'm quite happy using it in wi-fi areas, but is it worth while going for the 3g version? Would this allow me to work in and around Bangkok/Chiang Mai (mostly Chiang Mai) and have good connection to the web?

Also, does anyone run their Internet business from the iPad? I heard an app called Blogsy is pretty good for updating Wordpress.This is just for outside and I'l have a laptop in my room.

Also, how much is the 64 wifi w/ 3g and is the monthly data plans expensive?

THanks

prices see here: http://store.apple.com/th

yes it works, all the carriers have prepaid and postpaid 3G card options. I use True, works well. But I also have an iPhone and use a laptop so what I find is that I very rarely or never use the iPad's 3G connection. I've even taken out the SIM card (saves battery when in areas with bad reception). I just use my phone to tether in those very rare circumstances when I do need 3G. If you don't have an iPhone with 3G plan, might be worth getting the 3G version.

• Like 1