7000 Baht For A Sim Card On My Iphone?

cooked

Well no, I didn't try to fit a simcard into my iphone with a hammer and chisel, and yes, the girl said she couldn't change the language as my phone wasn't unlocked. That's why I didn't take the card home the first time. Maybe she didn't know the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking either. A day later I drove the 20 Km back to get a card fitted anyway (thought you might be interested in the fact that this I don't just walk down the block every time), and this time she managed to get the English language going, but no service.

So basically I am now in the process of jailbreaking the phone and then unlocking it.

The Sim I used before was not prepaid and the phone was locked by the service company.

Well no, I didn't try to fit a simcard into my iphone with a hammer and chisel, and yes, the girl said she couldn't change the language as my phone wasn't unlocked. That's why I didn't take the card home the first time. Maybe she didn't know the difference between unlocking and jailbreaking either. A day later I drove the 20 Km back to get a card fitted anyway (thought you might be interested in the fact that this I don't just walk down the block every time), and this time she managed to get the English language going, but no service.

So basically I am now in the process of jailbreaking the phone and then unlocking it.

The Sim I used before was not prepaid and the phone was locked by the service company.

Again... Jailbreaking and unlocking has NOTHING to do with the interface language.

You never answer to some of the queries here.

Which SIM worked that changed your phone language mysteriously to Thai? AIS/DTac/True?

Is your phone really locked? If so, it would not have worked at the girl's place that had your phone in Thai in the first place.

How did you get your phone to non-Thai later?

Which iOS version?

Your phone may be locked, but language settings will be accessible. Did you try to set the language to your preferred choice and try again?

If you decide to throw the phone hard on the wall, PM me.

Oh boy I look like a right piece of sh**

I wrote the posting because I didn't understand either, why one time with an AIS card it worked, but apparently only in Thai. As you don't understand either.

I didn't do nuffink. I just decided to go back a day after and accept the same card that had been physically cut, language settings Thai, and change it myself. When I got home I discovered that the phone language was English and that I had no service. In the meantime my service in Switzerland had been stopped, which is why I went to buy a new card in the first place.

iPhone 4, 5.1.1. I went through all the jailbreak, unlock procedures today in two different versions, didn't get anywhere and my phone looks the worse for ware. Nice concrete wall outside waiting for the next step. Ill buy a new one in Bangkok.

Why when it changed to Thai did u not simply ask the Thai in the shop to change it back to English? Surely the guy can read a Thai phone.

When a phone of mine was changed to Thai by someone for a joke, I went to the nearest bar and got one of the girls to change it back to English. 50 Baht tip :)

... if you do throw the phone.. next time buy an android... may I suggest a nexus or a galaxy s2 or s3

Yes, they will break much easier ;-)

If you get easily confused and frustrated with Apple products your f*cked with a driod...

might recommend a phone card and the use of a pay phone then huh?

go to hell, thanks for answering my original question, 'should I wait until I get to Bangkok before trying to fix this?' I tried various recommended methods to get my phone jail breaked, they succeeded, but the unlocking didn't work. I since found out that my carrier has put safeguards in place to make unlocking particularly difficult in my case.

I am quite intelligent, really, set up a few websites in my time and helped various people without having to tell them that they are stupid.

Right I feel better now, same as some of you guys do when you embarrass them anonymously.

There are quite a few on TVF that have nothing better to do with their time that insult and put down others. I tried to be as helpful as I could given the information you provided. If I could fix your phone from here for you I would have. The problem is that I'm not sitting with your phone in my hand. I gave you the best information I could. I'm sorry of that is not want you wanted to hear. Best of luck getting your phone working.

• Like 2

... if you do throw the phone.. next time buy an android... may I suggest a nexus or a galaxy s2 or s3

Yes, they will break much easier ;-)

If you get easily confused and frustrated with Apple products your f*cked with a driod...

yea right. never would of had the issue in the first place if he had a droid. changing the language in the phone takes 5 seconds and is free and most all android phones are unlocked to start with.

sorry, thanks for your efforts. I have a Swiss sim card on the iPhone and I wish to put in a Thai card, phone language English. The girl put in a card that worked, however when I tried to look at settings and stuff, they were in Thai, must pay 7000 for a card that lets me read my phone in English.! Maybe the fact that you don't understand my question means that the people I went to are abysmally thick or I am?

I think I should be able to buy any card and then change its language to Japanese, Eskimo or whatever I want?

It should only cost extra if you want Eskimo,

I am guessing you are by now aware that the language of your phone has absolutely nothing to do with the SIM card that was inserted?

The latest iOS version is 5.1.1 and can be jailbroken. Whether your device can be unlocked then depends on its baseband - google it.

• Like 1