Elephant Stomps Thai Man To Death In The Presence Of Prime Minister Yingluck

Buchholz

2 unrelated things (a man trampled to death by an annoyed elephant) and the PM at the same place, but somehow not involved in the incident reported...and some of you can simply not focus on the main story and have to make comments about the PM! Amazing!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 unrelated things (a man trampled to death by an annoyed elephant) and the PM at the same place, but somehow not involved in the incident reported...and some of you can simply not focus on the main story and have to make comments about the PM! Amazing!

The main story wouldn't be the main story without the PM.

elephants indeed have an elephant brain... they remember everything and everyone - for all times...

im not sure, if an elephant gets quickly that aggressive...

imo, a lot of abuse has to have happened (before)...

When a male elephant is in heat he can become very agressive. If that is the case, he would have been separated from the rest of the elephants. In Thai, Chan Dok Man.

Well maybe just maybe, the good Prime Minister will put an end to the torture and inhumane treatment of the Elephants...

Seeing is certainly believing.

Whats the old saying, "When Elephants Get Pissed Off, Ants Get Trampled."coffee1.gif

I would think it a more profitable measure to take drunks of the streets.

Sorry forgot no Photo Ops in that. Just human lives being saved.

• Like 1

The main story wouldn't be the main story without the PM.

It's like nightlights not being on a helicopter. If she was not there, there would be no story.

Elephants are very fond of alcohol, which they naturally attain from fallen and semi-fermented fruit, and it is known for them to get very angry and aggressive with intoxicated people. Most of the elephant invasions in India are actually raids on the home-brewed beer brewed in the village.

If you have been drinking, stay away from them.

• Like 1

elephants indeed have an elephant brain... they remember everything and everyone - for all times...

When a male elephant is in heat he can become very agressive. If that is the case, he would have been separated from the rest of the elephants. In Thai, Chan Dok Man.

When a male elephant is in heat, it's time for gender reassignment.

SurinNews.com Google translat. RIP

Stunning! Estrus closer look at the elephant put on an elephant in the cabinet. Roaming Surin. 0007458_full.jpg

Photos / News Media Centre surinnews.com.

Elephants trample man about 50 years old I died in the alcohol. The man is climbing a tree near where the organizers put on the backs of elephants. Miss a look. Prime Minister as Chairman. Before the police chase and went on to play with the elephant in the bound. While medical help speed up the heart pumping. Life, but they are. on 29 Jul 55 Mon ago Surin said the report that at approximately 8:00 pm Ms. ago before I came to look Prime Minister presided over the ceremony, put on the back. Phraya Surin Elephant and loyal to Gen. Chamberlain Sri Muang Surin was a man about 50 years old I do not know the name of a person drunk. Remove the gray shirt, shorts. Climbed a tree behind the statue of Phraya Surin Elephant loyalty. Police officers will be down. The man has entered a monastery near the Sutthawas marshal. Prior to tease the elephant aged 32 years, said Don fragrant antiques. Witnesses told. The man had crawled inside the elephant's mahout girl bound with rope inside the elephant than 40. The elephants are not put to work on an elephant in any way. The elephant is a rope that would be annoying to use Turkey as a busy man. The strike was the first to cast their campaign fell more than 3 meters, and come to pierce the turkey. With a crunching right. The mahout is an elephant and entering. The fire is contained within the bottle, drink a full bottle of white wine. Estrus was expected that the elephant is frustrated because the smell of white wine.

1%5B1%5D(1).jpg

The wait staff were more than an hour, the man's car centered breathing lightly Many of the fractures. And blood flow to the face and chin. As well as body. Which coincided with the ambulance in the temple, but fails to give timely assistance. Phuket to wait for rescue. It has to be taken to the hospital to rescue Surin. The medical staff tried to pump me full of life, but was unable to rescue them. The male bear wounds from the poisoned elephant attacked me and killed them. the framework of the scroll's behalf. red Surin / President The Surin Elephant care card framework. than 400 people to safety. The Cabinet said in a traffic accident on a narrow, airless places with more than 40 elephants, ropes come together more and more people are busy because people are not good enough to leave the temple. To alert the media and the authorities of the province of Surin. Measures for the protection and security for both people and elephants. The occurrence of such a reduction. This will help keep your family life to the fullest.

The Editor - 30/07/12 at 11:48 (Views: 241, replies: 0).

Share on Facebook. Share on MySpace. Share on Google. Share on Twitter.

When a male elephant is in heat, it's time for gender reassignment.

The male elephant version of being in heat is called musth.

Video of the unfortunate victim in the Manager:

http://www.manager.c...D=9550000093366

Basically, most animal species are happy without human interaction and just want to be left alone. That`s safer for us and it`s safer for them. They can still be enjoyed without interference.

Does that include feasting on them?

Sometimes, according to current PTP Science Minister Plodprasop, we still recall his proposed Exotic-Meats Buffet at the C.M. Night-Safari.

See the nice animals and then feast upon them ! bah.gif

Good timing.

Perhaps the twit from Surin responsible for this;

The province will also urge the government to support its project to bring back local elephants roaming for money with their mahouts in major cities

will be encouraged to cease and desist.

Would you prefer that the elephants were left roaming for money in major cities, or brought back into the "wild"?

They've tried that many years ago to bring them back to the jungle. Neither the elephants could live there anymore, nor the Mahuts.- wai.gif

A Thai friend and I were recently talking about elephants. She said that it was "lovely to see them on parade". I mumbled something about preferring them in the wild. She replied that "you could go to Lampang to the Royal Elephant Conservation Project". Unfortunately I already had. I have seen the elephants rocking backwards and forwards whilst chained up in the pavilions where the tourists (that day, sadly, me included) come to point at them and, in some cases, ride them. These elephants look physically healthy, but their mental states are quite obviously disturbed.

These are intelligent beings that we mistreat for our gains. Every so often one of them bites back. You can see sure that once in a while slave traders met a mucky death at the hands of their charges. Sure, the retribution would have been swift and way over the balance, but the slave trader would still have been dead.

One up for the elephants then. Shame it was an "innocent" bystander though.

Everyone would love wild elephants...where???? Poachers seem to like the ones on what few preserves there are. How many elephants were there in Thailand during the logging years compared to now? Ever wonder where the extra ones went. I think better in captivity than Dead.

Just a warning on going on the Elephant rides. About 8-9 years ago I went on an Elephant ride in Thailand. It was part of a day hike, river rafting, and elephant riding package. Anyway, I was on the biggest elephant with a guy I didn't know. Everyone else was on the smaller ones. But my elephant wouldn't budge and was preoccupied with eating shrubbery off the side of the route, on an embankment. The trainer hit him on the side of the trunk with a small hammer-like instrument and tried to get him to move on. The elephant finally trumpeted very loudly. I looked down at the elephant (of course I was on top of it), and then when I looked up I saw all the other elephants running faster than I would imagine would be possible for them. The people were all arched at 45% angles desperately trying to hold on to their elephants. Nobody could. They all fell on the ground and were lying on the ground. I couldn't believe it. A father was yelling for his daughters who fell off of a separate elephant.

As it turned out nobody was seriously injured, just scraped up, except on man who may have broken his knee. He flew back to his home country the next day (can't remember if he was Japanese or Korean).

We were lucky nobody got really hurt. I'm just thinking I doubt I'll ride elephants again.

I don't know if anything was done to insure that such an incident wouldn't occur again.

Anyway, just a warning. Things could go horribly wrong, and you'd probably never hear about it, even if you arrived 10 minutes after it was all over. Maybe it's not as rare an incident as one might think. I've been on one elephant ride and the shit hit the fan.

the mahouts are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelliers, and for what i have seen, the elephants aint treated well... i mean, they are treated like objects, deliberately so...

the elephants are more intelligent than their carers...

Edited by ddpffft
  • Like 1

a lot of the guys who are "in care" of the elephant(s) consider them a bit of a toy, dont they?

as in - look what i can do, this huge dangerous animal does all i want... dont they?

i thought they do...

and about the hammer, someone mentioned above, i think to remember a stick with a hook (maybe 3 hooks together, each bowed to the outside), which is pushed more or less behind and on the ears, to direct the elephant...

Edited by ddpffft

"The alms-offering activity chaired by the prime minister later went on as scheduled"

Hmm... maybe would've been nice to have changed her PR opportunity of offering alms into a time to show sympathy for someone who lost their life in front of her instead of going on like nothing happened?

Yes, but that woudn't have been the Thai way.. Mai Bpen Rai you know.

Female elephants go into heat not males.

But if a female is in heat the males will become aggressive,

because it is normal to compete aggressively for the female in heat.

So the females are separated.

Edited by animatic

Here's a clip showing the unpredicatability of an elephant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZKwkGqDIQY

Well clearly the elephant was feeding and the guy was picking up his food.

Foolish with any animal. I live near many elephants and won't go up to them unless the mahut is saying OK.

And never when they are feeding.

one could wonder, who is "the unpredictable" in this video...

Poetic justice, considering how elephants are treated around here.

howibecameanelephant dot com

Very few people are aware of the ritualistic torture a baby elephant must undergo to mate it with it's mahout before it can be turned out in the tourist or logging industry. In Thailand elephants are treated even worse than the Burmese. It's no wonder we continually hear of rampages. There have been several here in Phuket.

Horrendous images. Not hard to see why elephants in some places rebel wildly.

I live near many and have not seen this sort of abuse in the many years I've been here,

but then again they must keep it back room. But the footage above is nauseating.

• Like 1

Bad Omen for Thaksin.

A fool doesn't follow instructions and then goes and annoys an elephant and it's a bad omen? What was described as playing was most likely seen as a threat or an annoyance by the elephant.

In the superstitious world he purports to habituate,

yes, this would be seen as a bad omen,

when Thailands National Symbol kills a man

in the presents of his sister acting for him and the clan.

"The alms-offering activity chaired by the prime minister later went on as scheduled"

Hmm... maybe would've been nice to have changed her PR opportunity of offering alms into a time to show sympathy for someone who lost their life in front of her instead of going on like nothing happened?

Yes, but that woudn't have been the Thai way.. Mai Bpen Rai you know.

He's not amataya. He's rural poor. He's phrai. He's insignificant to those whose presence was notable.