Seeking Good [Mid Priced] Dentist For Family

jaideeguy

I used to go to Grace clinic for all my needs for family, but those were the days when I had a better cash flow and Grace was cheaper. It seems now that all the dentists in the city are catering to the tourist $$ and are not as affordable as before, so I have fallen behind on checkups.

Seems to be a lot of Thai 'quack' dentists around.....small places with no xray and some without any assistants, but charge small baht and do inferior work.

Just wondering if anyone can recomend a good mid priced dentist or clinic preferably outside of town that does good work, has decent equipment, speaks decent English and charges non touristic prices for me and my family??

Thanks in advance.....

I also recommend Payon Clinic. Last evening I was having some unexplained jaw pain, so I went there without an appointment. They got me right in and spent about 20 minutes on me, checking gums and teeth for sensitivity, and the mouth in general. No obvious reason for the pain, but tooth and gum problems were ruled out.

All this for no charge. Dr Jay speaks good English. Click on the link in post #2 above and see post #8 for a link to a map.

Hiya JaiDee,

I tried Payon Clinic for clean & polish, 500 B, good job, good english & he listened to what I said.

Also it was recommended here.

http://www.thaivisa....st#entry5223311

Not outside of town tho'.

Choc Dee

Thanks Pond.....when was the last time you were there?? the reason I ask is that they all start out cheap and jaidee to get their business started, but when they get successful [Grace], they raise their prices. In all fairness to Grace, they are still jaidee, but are running their business on a western model.

Aloha

Unfortunately it is true that as soon as any of the local dentists start getting tourist business, the prices go way up. We used to have really good luck at Kitcha near Pratu C.M. Good quality work by a CMU Professor and his colleagues. Everything was 500 THB from cleaning to extraction, filling, etc. and easy to get an appointment. Then, he started advertising in all the tourist publications and the prices went way up and the clinic got too busy. Empress is so busy now with many tourists coming in and many dentists practicing there. Prices are not cheap and often appointments are rescheduled a few times to deal with the large amount of business.

In all fairness, these people dedicated years of studying and in some cases large sums of money on their education and its only fair they achieve success in their lives. But it is frustrating...

Empress, Empress, Empress. Dr. Jarunee is amazing, as is the rest of her staff. State of the art equipment, Dr's all speak great english..

*Disclaimer, I haven't been to any others.

Dr. Jarunee is the best dentist - and a very kind person. I can't say the same for her staff. Some border on incompetence. Yes she does have state of the art equipment.

I fear the trip to the dentists as I hate pain ...which or is good with being gentle on a farang scared of his wits

I also need some teeth implants as I lost 3 molars on one side anyone with experience and is it as pain free as they mentioned in their ads an fancy websites

I appreciate a price check if anyone has done something similar recently

Thanks

Lawrence

I fear the trip to the dentists as I hate pain ...which or is good with being gentle on a farang scared of his wits

I also need some teeth implants as I lost 3 molars on one side anyone with experience and is it as pain free as they mentioned in their ads an fancy websites

I appreciate a price check if anyone has done something similar recently

Thanks

Lawrence

Teeth implants are going to cost you around 70,000 baht a tooth and your bone must be strong enough for the screws.

There are places that provide laughing gas for the nervous, but I think it's a 1,500 Baht sur charge on top of the regular Novocaine etc.

Two visits to Payon this month. Very impressive. Sorry I didn't start there, instead of with the "tourist" dentist who took me to the cleaners. Payon will get the rest of my business. Pleasant, low-key, reasonable pricing, immaculately clean, and very attentive to pain issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was at my dentist last week for cleaning and she showed me a tooth with a broken filling. I tried to make an appointment with her to repair it but once again she referred me to the same young dentist associate as last time, whom I feel is inexperienced and I would never go to again. As I was leaving I told the receptionist "mai ow" and left.

I'm thinking of trying Payom Clinic for the repair. The dentists, according to the website, all appear to have at least 9 years experience under their belts. Do any other members have any positive experiences with them and which doctor did you see? I see a couple of members mention Dr. J. or Jay perhaps but I'm not sure which one that is.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.