Condemned Police Officers, Two Others Freed On Bail: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am rarely surprised with what happens here but today I am really surprised. Amazing Thailand indeed. I rear for the safety of the witnesses, they must be scared witless.

They should send them to phuket, So they can make sure they are safe.

Just yesterday we read about the convictions and also that key witnesses were released from the witness protection program, because now that sentences had been passed down, the case was considered closed and there no longer was a need to protect them.

A day later, and we have to learn that the convicted have been set free on bail!!!

Sure, they most likely will have an opportunity to appeal, but where else in this world do you grant bail to convicted criminals sentenced to death or a life sentence??? Theirs was NOT a petty crime, it was MURDER!

Oh, and surely they are not a flight risk. I don't know, if I had been sentenced to death and - against all odds - were granted bail (fat chance!), I'd try everything to get out of the country - and in a hurry. Reportedly, the convicts are "barred from going abroad". As if that ever had prevented anyone from NOT fleeing.

And those witnesses, they certainly must feel particularly safe now...

Thai logic simply defies the mind. This country is getting more bizarre by the day.

If I'd follow my hunch, I'd say there is much, much more to this story; something very, very fishy.

• Like 1

"Criminal Court chief justice Thawee Prachuablarb said although the sentences were death penalties and a life term, a presiding judge could grant releases based on his own judgement and the convicts' indicating they would not flee."

No wonder Thaksin walks.

• Like 1

The cop wjo murdered the English couple in Kanchanaburi a few years ago is probably walking around a free man. Thai authorities refuse to confirm he is still incarcirated. thats a guy who shot the husband and then chased the wife in his car ran over her then shot her. Now probably free. Cops and plolotitions imune from punishment.

They have appealed there cases and can remain free on bail. And if they are found guilty. They can appeal the case one more time.

Appeals will probably get the sentences reduced...throw in some reduction for good behavior or maybe even a pardon or reduction in sentence which the govt usually provides on a yearly basis to thousands of inmates...probably some tea money and favors being called in....and these police will probably serve little time. And even if the appeal process didn't reverse/mininise the charges/sentence then they have plenty of time to disappaer....not having a passport ain't going to stop them from exiting and reentering the country at will with such a poreous border and friends. Now, "if" the police generals decide to throw these guys under the bus due to bad, bad press, then they are toast.

"Criminal Court chief justice Thawee Prachuablarb said although the sentences were death penalties and a life term, a presiding judge could grant releases based on his own judgement and the convicts' indicating they would not flee."

No wonder Thaksin walks.

Maybe our man in Dubai is constructing extensions to his house for his long term visitors to stay in as we speak

Hi, listen up guys, bail has revoked so please report to your nearest police station so we can attend to this small matter of terminating your bail on a permanent basis.

Amazing Thailand.

Why Arrest Anyone Involved...What is the Point !!!coffee1.gifermm.gif

Why Even Have a Trial coffee1.gifermm.gif

Why Even Even Put On Trial the Expat That BUMPED Off His Ole Lady.coffee1.gifermm.gif

Heck Just Open Up All The Monkey Houses and Let All the The Monkies All Go Free. coffee1.gifermm.gif

Thailand Wins The Gold Medal For Being The Top Weak Kneed, Sniveling Cry Babies, Maggot Breath, Malmute Mophordites On The Planet.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Kamnan Poh was released on Bail for conspiracy to murder wasn't he?

Has he been recaptured yet? How many years has he been on the run?

Yeah I know, his son is the mayor of Pattaya so it is a moot point.

Well if these guys can walk after being sentenced to death and life in prison etc, I don't see why old matey Thaksin is not allowed to come back and take up his former position as Prime Minister of Thailand. I mean really what he did was nothing, compared to these guys it was a misdemeanour.

They are innocent until proven guilty. What kind of a country do you think this is.

If that is the case, why are so many innocent protestors still being detained awaiting trial; as we speak?

Still innocent until proven guilty.

No wonder Thaksin walks.

He still leaves trail

This is very sad and a huge blow to anyone with sympathy towards Thailand - me included.

The first conviction in Thaksin's war on drugs & they blow it. It must send an awful message to any witness in other similar cases. It's no wonder that so few cases have resulted from the 'licence to kill' granted to the police by Thaksin.

<deleted>? I love this country but this is a f#$*ing disgrace. These guys ARE convicts and are supposed to be on death row.And any appeals process should be conducted whilst they are in custody. Of course they are a flight risk. Does the judge [or anybody with a brain] honestly believe they are going to hang around waiting to get their necks stretched ? Personally I would be off like blue cheese. I hope these guys do do a runner as they deserve it because of this laughable decision by a laughable 'figure of authority'. bah.gif I p$$$ on this decision.

Wonder whether Thaksin has anything to do with influencing this decision ? I mean these events happened under his orders on his watch. If these government officials burn then he may well be in a spot of bother reference human rights abuses himself. More bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif .

Edited by coma

They are innocent until proven guilty. What kind of a country do you think this is.

Did I miss something?

They were found guilty by the judge/s and their penalties were given.

They have the right to lodge an appeal, that is a given.

But that appeal should come from inside a cell, behind bars. Not the smoking lounge of the Pink Pussy Cat Bar.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2