34 Year Old Man Executed In Front Of South Pattaya Hotel

Rimmer

34 Year Old Man murdered in front of South Pattaya Hotel

PATTAYA:--The murder of a 34 year old Thai man occurred in front of a popular Hotel in the South Pattaya area early on Thursday Morning.

Police and rescue services were called to Soi Sunee Plaza off the Pratamnuk Road and to the front of the Boutique Hotel. The body of the man, known as Khun “Jack” was slumped over a wall in front of the Hotel.

He had sustained multiple injuries to his upper body and multiple bullet wounds through his face. There were many witnesses to the altercation but many different versions of the event. The version which was repeated by many who saw the altercation suggest the victim was with a friend, who was able to escape, and the pair were confronted by a group of 10 men who are thought to be involved in selling drugs.

One of the attackers was named as Khun Beer, who is well known in the area as an active drug dealer. The group were seen to attack both the victim and his friend who managed to escape. Witnesses then saw the unconscious Khun “Jack” dragged down the road and thrown over a wall where he was executed.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/59973/34-year-man-murdered-front-south-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And many on this board will say that thailand is no more dangerous than their home country.

Most people wouldn't be in danger from local drug dealers.

I once walked into a bar in Songkla and had a great time drinking until 3am only to find out from friend's (when I told them where I'd been) that I'd been entertained by the local mafia an onerous bunch of murderers and cut throats.

Sometimes being a tourist is its own shield.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

• Like 2

Thailand is no more dangerous than many Western countries thats for sure - try walking down the roads of Bangkok at 2am - generally pretty safe - would I do that in Sydney, LA, London - not a chance!

Drug gangs are all over the world, and if you get on the wrong side of criminals, you make yourself a target, no matter what city you are in. Pattaya and Phuket are not particularly nice, nor representative of the rest of the country - often because of the mafia thugs that inhabit them - both foreign and local.

• Like 2

The family destination.

But have no fear, Chalerm is on it. He'll have all this stuff sorted out soon.

I don't think even TAT or the Mayor would consider Sunee Plaza as a 'family' friendly part of town.

According to BBC programmes, 7,000 violent crimes occur in the UK each year, 150,000 vehicles are stolen each year and London is Europe's most crime ridden city. I know where I prefer to live. Violence against non-Thais here is proportionately very low indeed even if we might be targets for profiteering etc.

60 million people live on that small island. So those stats do not seem excessive.

Yes, but from the world population review ...

"The last official national census was carried out in Thailand back in 2010 and the country’s official population was declared at 65,479,453. Current estimates show a small increase and the figures with regards to the Thailand population of 2012 suggest that there are around 67 million people living here, making it the 19th most populous country on the planet."

I think most are safe from these hoodlums unless you are active in their game.

As for those involved in this "execution" many are "Dead Man Walking" for sure, that how it happens in Pattaya and other parts of the world where the drug barons are beyond the law.

• Like 1

And many on this board will say that thailand is no more dangerous than their home country.

Most people wouldn't be in danger from local drug dealers.

I once walked into a bar in Songkla and had a great time drinking until 3am only to find out from friend's (when I told them where I'd been) that I'd been entertained by the local mafia an onerous bunch of murderers and cut throats.

Sometimes being a tourist is its own shield.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

I've done the same in New York!

• Like 1

DRIVE-by shootings in Sydney are up by 41 per cent, according to figures released today by the Bureau of Crime Statistics and research (BOCSAR).

BOCSAR director Don Weatherburn said that it was of “real concern” the offence of “discharge firearm into premises” rose from 71 shootings in 2010 to 100 in 2011.

The majority of these occurred in western Sydney, in the cantebury-bankstown area, central western Sydney and Fairfield - Liverpool.

As well as this murders and assaults by knife are almost a daily occurrence in Australia.

If they don't get you the latest fad "King Hit" just might.

http://www.news.com....from=public_rss

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/lets-strike-a-blow-at-our-king-hit-culture/story-e6frezz0-1226437490253

Edited by sangfroid

There are multiple people killed in Chicago everyday, on average. And I'll tell you what, if you tick off a drug dealer you're probably gonna be next in most major cities. Still a sad story though.

It was a major NEWS STORY that NO SHOOTINGS OR KILLINGS occurred over a 72 hour period in Chicago. Gotta love that.

• Like 1

Thailand is no more dangerous than many Western countries thats for sure - try walking down the roads of Bangkok at 2am - generally pretty safe - would I do that in Sydney, LA, London - not a chance!

Drug gangs are all over the world, and if you get on the wrong side of criminals, you make yourself a target, no matter what city you are in. Pattaya and Phuket are not particularly nice, nor representative of the rest of the country - often because of the mafia thugs that inhabit them - both foreign and local.

In Sydney?? You'd have to look high & low to find dodgy places to walk at night in Sydney!

Even in LA - sure LA has some very dodgy places but less than 2% of neighbourhoods would qualify.

• Like 1

"One of the attackers was named as Khun Beer, who is well known in the area as an active drug dealer"

...interesting, well known active drug dealer, but not behind bars, just roaming freely through the streets of Pattaya.

"One of the attackers was named as Khun Beer, who is well known in the area as an active drug dealer"

...interesting, well known active drug dealer, but not behind bars, just roaming freely through the streets of Pattaya.

Just like well-known drug dealers in many cities ... and members of gangs, mafia "family" members, prostitutes, Yakuza, Chinese triads in US and elsewhere, Wall Street criminals, drug gangs in Mexico who seem to run the country ... most cities have their well-known criminals, known by police and the news media and their neighbors.

It always amazes me how some people seem to think things happen in Thailand and nowhere else.

Some even have census figures available

The yakuza are notorious for their strict codes of conduct and very organized nature. They are very prevalent in the Japanese media and operate internationally with an estimated 80,900 members in 2009, the last year for which an estimate is available.

Chinese triads

THE MAJOR TRIADS

Sung Lian Strength: several hundred members, mostly second-and third-generation mainland immigrants. Activities: debt collection, massage parlors, brothels, small businesses.

Tian Dao Man Strength: several hundred members, mostly native Taiwanese. Activities: debt collection, massage parlors, brothels, small businesses.

Four Seas Strength: up to 2,000 members, mostly second-and third-generation mainland immigrants. Activities: construction, security services, debt collection, massage parlors, brothels, small businesses.

United Bamboo Strength: 10,000 members, mostly second-and third-generation mainland immigrants. Activities: construction, security services, debt collection, loan sharking, gambling dens, hostess clubs, restaurants, small businesses.

... most of them free to go about their "business" to the amazement of only the most naive.

Edited by Suradit69