Chick-Fil-A "Hate Chicken" Fast Food Controversy In The United States

Jingthing

Posts have been deleted. This is the gay sub-forum and as such it is gay-friendly. Gays in this forum should not and do not have to defend their beliefs, nor do they need to be subjected to anti-gay posts guised as free speech or other such nonsense.

You have been warned.

Thanks. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.

• Like 1

What the FK?? This conservative Christian man was only sharing his opinion on gay marriage. He never refused to employ or serve gays. That is the American way...accepting different opinions and not "spazzing out" - If Chicken Fil A had refused to serve gays, then that would have been different. Gays should still accept difference in opinion. That is reality.

• Like 1

What the FK?? This conservative Christian man was only sharing his opinion on gay marriage. He never refused to employ or serve gays. That is the American way...accepting different opinions and not "spazzing out" - If Chicken Fil A had refused to serve gays, then that would have been different. Gays should still accept difference in opinion. That is reality.

Actually he has done more. He actively gives money to support groups opposing same sex marriage civil rights and also groups which promote the idea that gay is not OK and actively try to "cure" gays which both doesn't work and often results in depression and suicide. So giving this owner profits, gives money to active enemies of gay civil rights. If you read this thread, you would already know that the mainstream gay political opinion is PRO free speech. If people want to boycott or protest, that's their civil right. Edited by Jingthing

• 1 month later...

Some progress to report on the quackery conversion of gays issue. It is now illegal for minors in California. Likely more to follow. I guess it won't be made illegal for adults though:

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law prohibiting minors from being subjected to a form of therapy that seeks to change a person’s sexual orientation from gay to straight, reports the Los Angeles Times. The law, the first of its kind in the country, is a major victory for gay rights activists who, like the vast majority of mental health experts, insist the so-called conversion therapy, also known as reparative therapy, isn’t based on science and could be dangerous.

http://www.slate.com...for_minors.html

Edited by Jingthing

Go to any Chick-Fil-A on any Sunday afternoon. It will be closed. Sunday mornings, too.

The only fast food chain in America that's closed and not making money 1/7 of the year. I've heard it's because the owner believes families should be together on Sundays and his employees should be with their families and not flipping burgers for him.

Agree with the guy (I don't), or disagree with the guy (I do). I gotta respect that he stands up for what he believes and backs it up with actions, regardless of the cost. And he doesn't do it behind our backs, following the advice of all the financial wizards telling him to shut up and make the coin on Sundays and don't piss off the gay or atheist or ______ (fill in your own blank)folks.

Don't like his policies and his beliefs? That's the beauty of America. You don't have to spend a dime to support him. And you can protest all you want.

Personally, I don't like his chik'n sam'iches- not enough meat.

Edited by impulse

No problem with his right to his business or religious practices. Problem with his activities promoting denying gay citizens, including some of his employees, equal civil rights. I also seriously doubt an openly gay man could be highly promoted in his company. I don't think that kind of discrimination should be legal.