Cooking Is Not Allowed In The Apartment

duiter

Hi,

Cooking is not allowed in the apartment

How do you manage it ?

Thai food is amazingly cheap

the only problem is on weekends market and food stall do not open

Is using rice ( just to cook rice ) cooker consider "cooking" according to Thai culture ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rice+cooker&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=22sbUOrOCcrLrQfo6oDwCA&ved=0CA0Q_AUoAQ&biw=1092&bih=514

thanks

If you have a microwave you can alwaays resort to the ready cooked meals from a seven eleven. If not they will heat it for you. There are other places to eat besides markets and food stalls, they are called Restaurants.

• Like 1

The rule of thumb is this. If you are a good cook, you can get away with it. But if you cook like some of rejects on those American Reality Cooking Shows, its understable that they dont want you to cook.

Seriously though, would you actually sign a lease that says you cant cook in your own apartment? Is farting allowed?

Edited by bkkjames
  • Like 1

The rule of thumb is this. If you are a good cook, you can get away with it. But if you cook like some of rejects on those American Reality Cooking Shows, its understable that they dont want you to cook.

Seriously though, would you actually sign a lease that says you cant cook in your own apartment? Is farting allowed?

I would have thought creating smells (like frying fish) might be the reason cooking isn't allowed. I don't know what being a good cook has to do with it, unless you are talking about creating a mess. In which case you clean it up, or pay someone else to do it.

So long as you don't light them

• Like 2

Only when cooking

Edited by travelmann

In the apartment block I run we do not allow gas cartridge or canister cooking as that is the law. We provide a very useful external area (7m2 balcony) with 2 3point plug sockets and a sink. This encourages people to cook outside (and it is very nice to do so). I can imagine that some of the more closed in apartment blocks might want to actively discourage cooking due to smells permeating other people's living spaces.

As the manager of an apartment block it is my, or the owner's, prerogative to say that we want everybody to come out of their apartments at 5am and jump on one foot. It is then at the discretion of the client to do it or leave. Naturally we would have no clients so we use sense (they have to come out at 8am and do it), but some apartment blocks might not be so thoughtful.

I would have thought creating smells (like frying fish) might be the reason cooking isn't allowed. I don't know what being a good cook has to do with it, unless you are talking about creating a mess. In which case you clean it up, or pay someone else to do it.

When my wife is frying up the hot peppers for some dish or other it is like we are under attack by the S.W.A.T. team with mace so I think the crappy American cooks would be a whole lot better than the standard Thai housewife.

In the apartment block I run we do not allow gas cartridge or canister cooking as that is the law. We provide a very useful external area (7m2 balcony) with 2 3point plug sockets and a sink. This encourages people to cook outside (and it is very nice to do so). I can imagine that some of the more closed in apartment blocks might want to actively discourage cooking due to smells permeating other people's living spaces.

As the manager of an apartment block it is my, or the owner's, prerogative to say that we want everybody to come out of their apartments at 5am and jump on one foot. It is then at the discretion of the client to do it or leave. Naturally we would have no clients so we use sense (they have to come out at 8am and do it), but some apartment blocks might not be so thoughtful.

Nope.

Nope.

Elaborate please.