Stopover In Singapore

ozzieman05

There is Crowne Plaza at the airport, I suspect they will be pricey and there a transit hotel airside, though not sure if that's suitable for a 23 hour layover.

Going down town via the MRT is a good option, but it stops running at midnight.

Taxis run 24/7 but there is a 50% surcharge after midnight, the airport shuttle also runs 24/7 and costs S$9 per person.

The Crowne Plaza is very pricy. There are two more hotels at the airport. One inside transit and one outside. They are short term hotels but from memory about $80 a day. If you have nothing else to do may be worth staying there as Changi on transit has good reasonable food and a free cinema etc you can still get the free tour of Singapore if you are in transit.IF you enter Singapore the airport hotel may be worth it as Changi has direct access to the train and there would be not taxi fares to pay to get to hotels with luggage. The airport landside has very cheap restaurants of all types and a cheap supermarket. Savings in time may make up for slightly higher hotel costs.

Edited by harrry

i use Changi hotel at Changi Villiage I think about 200 sing a night 15 dollars for taxi from airport...

but if I were you ......

Arive at Midnight go straight to the 4 floors on Orchard road...

Enjoy yourself for a few hours then..

Have a look around and use one of the shortime hotels in the area 60 to 80 sing dollars a night Hotel 81 comes to mind....enjoy Singapore is fun fun fun...

You say- you are on budget?You will miss the last train.You are asking for cheap hotel and what others advice? 200++?!

Go to guest house,there are plenty of them in many locations.One night you can sleep in dorm - 15-20 Sing,not 200.

Problem with transport you can solve sharing taxi with somebody,who go the same way.

One GH I can recommend - Ideal Backpacker near KallangMRTStation on GeylangRd,they have website,it is quite big so bed will wait for you;you can book on-line if you want to be sure.

"Cheap" hotels not so far from airport are:Melaka or Melacca on StillRd. and Amber on Amber Rd. - 100++

The cheapest room you can get for 40S$.("Hua Shui" 5Lor27 Geylang - you will not like it)

cheers!