Driving Test & Colour Blindness

CiaranO

Has anyone any experience with this subject. I need to get a driving license soon but I mas worried about doing the test as I know if i am presented with the colour blindness test ( the numbers in the colour circles), I will surely fail. The thing is i can see green, red and amber/orange/yellow etc...........has anyone been in this situation and is there a way round it.............and alternative test or something long those lines..........

They don't use the Ishihara charts any more. Ishihara charts are the ones with numbers formed in coloured dots on a similar cloloured background of more dots. They use a large circular board with different coloured dots on and point to a dot and ask what colour it is.

Good luck

I did my license last week in phuket and they had o new test for that.They had a trafficlight I thinks almost same size as

the real one on the streets.The lady just change the light and you just say the color.easy.

They don't use the Ishihara charts any more. Ishihara charts are the ones with numbers formed in coloured dots on a similar cloloured background of more dots. They use a large circular board with different coloured dots on and point to a dot and ask what colour it is.

Good luck

blue

I did my license last week in phuket and they had o new test for that.They had a trafficlight I thinks almost same size as

the real one on the streets.The lady just change the light and you just say the color.easy.

555 ....renewed my 5 year a few weeks back......my little lady could not understand English ....tried saying amber .....very tempting to say blue or.....she was talking on her mobile anyways....cheesy.gif Took me a while to see what was expected on the depth perception test machine too....had to go look inside to see how it worked......

• Like 1

I thought the traffic light was only for renewals (not for the 1 year)?

ah ok you are sure correct,i did renew and get 5 years.And i did the fotpedel break thing,thats

all i had to do,2 things.From arriving and to i leave about 20minuts for all so it whas very god.

Edited by crille30

• 1 year later...

Good luck

Is the red green color blind test mandatory?

I am red green color blind to a certain extent.

Can I still take the test?

Hi - to clarify i did the test and even being colorblind it was very easy.

No problems with it.

To be honest i dont even think they are listening to you half the time.

I watched a man neither speaking English or Thai rattle of the colors in his own language and passed no problem.

colour test is mandatory for your first 1 year licence then only mandatory for a 5 yrear renewal, if you only do a 1 year renewal you dont do any tests. When I did my 5 year renewal they also had a test that checked your perifial vision with colour, I had to put my chin in a rest then there were tiny lights left and right that would come on and you had to say what colour they were, first time I had to do that one, wasnt easy either, had to turn slightly to see them clearly.

Is the red green color blind test mandatory?

I am red green color blind to a certain extent.

Can I still take the test?

Surely, if you are Red/green colourblind you shouldn't be driving. You can't tell if the traffic light is telling you to stop or go.