Oasis To Headline

Rj 81

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted, not arriving till late March.

I saw Ian Brown in Manchester just before Christmas, he <deleted>**in rocks live.

I wonder will Liam be wearing trademark parker in Bangkok, might be the only chance we get to see him get knocked out..... :o:D:D

Seriously, it would be cool to see all that lot in Bangkok.

redrus

Gutted, not arriving till late March.

I saw Ian Brown in Manchester just before Christmas, he <deleted>**in rocks live.

I wonder will Liam be wearing trademark parker in Bangkok, might be the only chance we get to see him get knocked out..... :o:D:D

Seriously, it would be cool to see all that lot in Bangkok.

redrus

I seen Oasis last summer at City's ground, was <deleted> class!!

I'm going. Though we are playing football before hand. We finish around 6pm so it will be a mad taxi ride afterwards. Trying to consume some gig juice(bottle of whisky) before we get there around 7.30-8pm ish. Should be a blast. I have seen Oasis about 4 times. ######ing awsome. The rest i havent seen live. Really looking forward to it. Though 3000 baht a ticket.? I guess i'm spoiled since my mate runs Brixton Academy and my my best mate works there. I used to get FREE gigs. :o

Rj, are you or is anyone else gonna manage to get to this.?

It would be cool to have a report on how it goes. Don't know about anyone else but, I've never heard of these kinds of bands playing SEA before. 1 by 1 yes but not a few together.

Would be nice know how it goes/went....?

redrus

*just seen Jocks post.

Edited by redrus

I'm going. Though we are playing football before hand. We finish around 6pm so it will be a mad taxi ride afterwards. Trying to consume some gig juice(bottle of whisky) before we get there around 7.30-8pm ish. Should be a blast. I have seen Oasis about 4 times. ######ing awsome. The rest i havent seen live. Really looking forward to it. Though 3000 baht a ticket.? I guess i'm spoiled since my mate runs Brixton Academy and my my best mate works there. I used to get FREE gigs. :D

Like yourself, I will be playing football so it will be a mad dash to get there for 7pm. As Oasis are headlining, I doubt they won't be on till about 10ish.

Apparently the Stereophonics are headlining on the Sunday. I do like both Oasis and Stereophonics but given the choice I would rather go and see Stereophonics. The only problem is that I have to work early Monday morning so it looks like seeing Oasis is a better option on the Saturday night. :o

I'm amazed when I hear people say they like oasis. I can't remember a more horribly-sounding band.

I was never crazy about them myself but they grow on you a bit live, as do many bands who you may not like but are familiar with the songs.

Have to be the most boring pop band on the planet. I remember when bands used to perform on stage not just whine like a spoilt kid........naaaa...Oasis suck. Old, boring and wet. No balls just big mouths and a load of similar songs ponced off other people's songs. If you have a record collection that features anything more than boy bands you'd pick it up. English trash who have had a bit of luck.............yawn yawn

Atleast the Stereophonics might liven it up

Edited by Blue Unicorn

Have to be the most boring pop band on the planet. I remember when bands used to perform on stage not just whine like a spoilt kid........naaaa...Oasis suck. Old, boring and wet. No balls just big mouths and a load of similar songs ponced off other people's songs. If you have a record collection that features anything more than boy bands you'd pick it up. English trash who have had a bit of luck.............yawn yawn

Atleast the Stereophonics might liven it up

You don't know what your on about :o

I wonder will Liam be wearing trademark parker in Bangkok, might be the only chance we get to see him get knocked out..... :D :

redrus

Great....a couple more Pommie lager louts to visit Thailand :D

:D:D

Aye - wonder if Noel/Liam get in another fist fight? :o

To the diehard Oasis fans

Can you name the Oasis track my signature is from?

:D

"A Bell Will Ring" :D

After the first round or....! :D:D

redrus

7 acts for a maximum of 3,000 baht on the first day? What a rip off. And three of the acts on Day 1 are local. And I thought Australia's Big Day Out was expensive. I won't complain anymore!

And Oasis portrays English working class routes...rubbish ! 3000 baht....so only the Thai social elite can afford it...real bright sherlock the promoter ! Lets all give a badge of genrosity to the tight fisted mean promoter and the bands.......poor people can't go..only the Thai upper classes and well off western ex pats...............Not that they are missing much. Albeit the 3rd day looks better.

What ever happened to rock and roll ! Got put in the mixer, cleansed of all rebellion, stripped of any real guts and spirit........nice little tunes for a mass public to enjoy that doesn't cause any problems.........atleast in the USA they have some left.

7 acts for a maximum of 3,000 baht on the first day? What a rip off. And three of the acts on Day 1 are local. And I thought Australia's Big Day Out was expensive. I won't complain anymore!

And Oasis portrays English working class routes...rubbish ! 3000 baht....so only the Thai social elite can afford it...real bright sherlock the promoter ! Lets all give a badge of genrosity to the tight fisted mean promoter and the bands.......poor people can't go..only the Thai upper classes and well off western ex pats...............Not that they are missing much. Albeit the 3rd day looks better.

What ever happened to rock and roll ! Got put in the mixer, cleansed of all rebellion, stripped of any real guts and spirit........nice little tunes for a mass public to enjoy that doesn't cause any problems.........atleast in the USA they have some left.

You don't know what you're on about :o

Hey, don't knock the Thai bands... :o

I don't know about Flure, but Modern Dog and Ebola are excellent.

And Bodyslam (playing on day 2) just rock.

I dont think 3000 baht is too expensive for 7 acts... I saw Linkin Park and a supporting Thai band 2 years ago in BKK, and tickets cost 1500 baht for that.