Vigo Auto Trans

Bung

Anyone with an auto vigo notice that when in 3rd there is actually 2 stages to it?

It's barely perceptible but when going up and down hills in 3rd it definately seems to have two stages to it. I also notice it when manually shifting to 3rd to pass a car the revs won't be as high as if I let it kick down by itself.

I guess this is the ECT working but I am suprised it is never mentioned in sales blurbs as I think it is a great feature particularly when driving on hilly roads.

Or am I just imagining it? :o

Anyone with an auto vigo notice that when in 3rd there is actually 2 stages to it?

It's barely perceptible but when going up and down hills in 3rd it definately seems to have two stages to it. I also notice it when manually shifting to 3rd to pass a car the revs won't be as high as if I let it kick down by itself.

I guess this is the ECT working but I am suprised it is never mentioned in sales blurbs as I think it is a great feature particularly when driving on hilly roads.

Or am I just imagining it? :o

I know with the 2004 model hilux auto that the over drive button seems like it gives you a split gear in 3rd then changes into overdrive. I love the auto gear box lets me keep one hand free for a cold coke :D the pick up from traffic lights is also a lot better my little 2.5 can still stay with the new manual vigo of the lights. Not that I do that as that would be Immature

Yeah, the auto is pretty good off the lights, doesn't take any effort at all and your well away from the riff raff in no time with a nice clear road.

Like you say it is also good for drinking and you can stuff yourself with bbq chicken livers and sticky rice while dodging the motocy's and tuk tuks at the same time! :o

You know, if you piont the a/c vent down onto your cupholder it keeps the top of your can cold too. How cool is that? They think of everything these days.

I just wish they would come with a case to put the little Buddha in so it doesn’t fly around the cabin ever time I chuck a u turn or hard turn

Thats how my missus knows when I am driving to fast when buddha falls off the dash :o

A bit of double-sided sticky foam will keep him in place!