Thai Embassy Salzburg,In Austria,Wants Cash In The Letter For Apply Visa?Is This The Normal Way?

Hello!

last year ,i applyed my visa in Salzburg,of my homecountry!

the consule,want,that i send the fees in money cash of 130€ in the letter!

i told him,that this is against the transport rules

of international postal services,i want to make a banktransfer instead!

,when the letter is lost,the money is gone

,but,the answer was,no we only accept cash in the letter!

now,i want to,from other members,in other countrys,you also send the fees in cash?

no banktransfer before accepted!

now,i want to,from other members,in other countrys,you also send the fees in cash?

no banktransfer before accepted!

Yes we do.

This is not against the transport rules of international postal services. Just use insured letter (Wertbrief).

The possibility to send documents and money to pay a visa fee with post, to me it seems very simple and cheap option, as embassy is more then 400km distance from my home city.

I always send an application with the required documents, passport and cash for payment of NON-O MULTI visa by post to the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna, as the consulate in my country does not issue that type of visa. For sending just use an insured letter with return receipt (rückshein) and security is 100% guaranteed.

Edited by user430a

In the U.S., cash is generally not desired/accepted in a mail-in application because of too many senders complaining "well, all the cash was in the envelope when I mailed it!" Or just the desire not to deal with cash which can more easily be stolen, harder to trace to who took the cash, etc., compared to the cashing of a money order/cashier check. But it's totally up to each organization/company as to what type of payment they will accept, be it cash, money order, or whatever.

Below is a cut-and-paste from Los Angeles Thai Consolidate web page regarding payment of Visa fees. Please note "cash" is not acceptable; they will only accept a money order or cashiers check.

post-55970-0-41964200-1344567524_thumb.j

Do you apply for the Visa from inside Thailand and they send it back to Thailand?

Thailand-Austria-Thailand is usually save for postal shipments.

How can you apply for a visa to Thailand if your already in Thailand?

How will you have an entry stamp in your passport?

Doesn't make sense.

Title for this topic is wrong. Thai Embassy is in Vienna, topic is about Royal Thai Consulate in Salzburg.

If this would be an honorary consulate than the cash-only policy is easy to understand...

Edited by orchis

No visa issued by a consulate while you were in Thailand would be valid; and indeed should not even be issued. The poster was talking about application by mail while in Austria from my reading.

"this is against the transport rules of international postal services"

inside Austria it wouldn't be international...that was the reason I asked.

Do you apply for the Visa from inside Thailand and they send it back to Thailand?

Doesn't make sense.

when you get the passport back you go outside Thailand and than inside again. Theoretically no problem.

You could also have 2 passports.

Perhaps the OP could clarify whether the Salzburg Consulate also required him to send his passport with his visa application, and, if so, how he sent it to them. If I were sending my passport to Hull or any other Thai consulate in the UK as part of a visa application, I would have used Royal Mail's Registered Post service which would, of course, have safeguarded any required cash payment as well as my passport!

Edited by OJAS

Doesn't make sense.

when you get the passport back you go outside Thailand and than inside again. Theoretically no problem.

You could also have 2 passports.

What your suggesting would probably get you deported at best,

as soon as you try to leave Thailand the immigration officer would notice the date

you last left Thailand would not coincide with the later date issued on the illegitimate visa.

This is totally off-topic - OP seems to be asking about in-country (Austria) application for a Thai visa.

But having two passports is not illegal and one can indeed be mailed for a visa. What can not be done is remain in Thailand and mail current entry passport out of Thailand for a Thai visa (if issued it would be invalid).