Is Sleeping,On The Beach In A Tent,Allowed In Thailand Or Not?

Sandman77

People need to calm down about the danger of sleeping on a frikin beach. Seriously guys, this isn't fuc_king road warrior territory or something.

Mexico is the land of "free" beach camping.... i'm guessing the same rules apply here... most of the "safe" spots you pay a small fee and sleep with others, in the remote spots it is in fact free. I would not hesitate to try and find a remote beach and camp if that was my inclination. I did it in Mexico for 20 years and never had one single problem, not one. Don't listen to all this doom and gloom stuff about not being able to leave you house without being cut up and put in a meat grinder and served to soi dogs.

Putting up a tent with facilities around is asking for a hassle.

Nice Mexico report. So, have you tried it in Thailand? smile.png

Edited by Semper

I'm surprised at all the anti-camping sentiments on this thread.

I always fancied kayaking along the coast at Hat Yeo with a tent, lots of inaccessible beaches.

But a bit too old for that game now, I like my home comforts.

Everybody has their own opinion. If your young, then it's a pretty good way to go. But there are issues. When I did the Torres del Paine circuit a few years ago, theft among campers was rampant. I met many who had lost stoves, clothes...and worse...food. Trash was everywhere, but the workers did a pretty good job of cleaning everything up. One guy got bit by a spider and his eye was swollen shut for several days. Of course I got bit by one in a nice hotel in Pai one time and my arm almost doubled in size.

Here's my site on a kayak trip in Phang Nga. Fantastic.

post-5869-0-36505300-1344745190_thumb.jp

People need to calm down about the danger of sleeping on a frikin beach. Seriously guys, this isn't fuc_king road warrior territory or something.

Mexico is the land of "free" beach camping.... i'm guessing the same rules apply here... most of the "safe" spots you pay a small fee and sleep with others, in the remote spots it is in fact free. I would not hesitate to try and find a remote beach and camp if that was my inclination. I did it in Mexico for 20 years and never had one single problem, not one. Don't listen to all this doom and gloom stuff about not being able to leave you house without being cut up and put in a meat grinder and served to soi dogs.

Nice Mexico report. So, have you tried it in Thailand? smile.png

I've camped all over Mexico also. Use to spend the winters there, sometimes "coyote" camping, sometimes in an official camp, others you paid somebody who'd walk by every day to collect some money.

Tough to do it now. More development and a crazy increase in crime. Lots of reports of some very violent crimes against the campers.

Here's one camp where we paid $5-10 or so per day. Baja. I'm the 3rd rig in from the right. Very safe beach, but it wasn't free. Fantastic times for sure.

post-5869-0-50878100-1344748911_thumb.jp

• Like 1

But what about the poor starving soi-dogs ? How can they survive without their daily ration of Soylent Green ? ermm.gif

Always see a lot of tents at Cha Am on Thai holidays and I used to camp at Khao Yai National Park. They have sites with toikets, showers and bbq stands. Charcoal, tents etc can be rented.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.