Making A Phantom A Mean Machine.

thequietman

yeah dont get the rustoleum it feels like its going to break everytime you load a can.

I'd see if you can get one off of ebay...theyre only like $6 at an ACE hardware store in the US.

I took one to a paint store in Chiang Mai once to see about selling them, and the guy was in utter amazement.

If you email a website and ask, they may be able to mail it to you.

Yeah, I went to a couple of TrueValue stores here in Bangkok and asked about it, showed them the photo on my phone, and they also were astounded. "No hurt hand?!? Can no fall out?!? Black magic!!!" cheesy.gif

dam_n, I think the OP disappeared. So what did you do with the bike? I could probably try to remember the costs of some of my mods if you want. It was a couple of years ago, and that is 365 days x 2 of drinking opportunities, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy, but I will give it the old college try.

• 5 weeks later...

Phantom is suppose to be what it is! Ride nice, just wish the chain isn't clanking all the time.

Takes all but 30 seconds to tighten the chain up easy peasy !!!!

There is a rubber component which sits on top of the rear swing arm called the chain slider, mine went at 41K kilometers, and there was this horrible clattering racket on deceleration. Maybe that is worn out, had mine replaced, less than 200 Baht inclusive of labour. The mechanic seemed to know what he was doing as there are quite a few nuts and screws to remove, it took him about an hour or so.

Phantom is suppose to be what it is! Ride nice, just wish the chain isn't clanking all the time.

sorry red nose can't agree with that 10 minutes minimum EFC COYB's

There is a rubber component which sits on top of the rear swing arm called the chain slider, mine went at 41K kilometers, and there was this horrible clattering racket on deceleration. Maybe that is worn out, had mine replaced, less than 200 Baht inclusive of labour. The mechanic seemed to know what he was doing as there are quite a few nuts and screws to remove, it took him about an hour or so.

I had chain tensioner, chain and sprockets replaced but it didnt stop the chaim rattle for long.

• 1 year later...

Ok, an idea....

1. you cut the rear part of the frame to be able to have a 200 tire on there (you need that)

2. then you mount a honda steed engine in it (the larger you can get the better it is)

3. throw on some really long forks with some monkey bars (long and tall, then you can't turn, but you will have a better ride (i think))

4. You realize that you had a good bike to begin with, and sells this one to buy a larger bike that is more comfortable and fits you.

ITS A HONDA PHANTOM, leave it like it is, when you change stuff on it, you will look like a clown!!!

Ps. whatever you do, please post some pictures so we can all look at your ride...

Just found you.. Ideas ideas, a Thai mate has just lent me his Phantom while he's "up country" I wonder whether I should attempt some of these above mods, do you think he'll appreciate it?

Ok, an idea....

1. you cut the rear part of the frame to be able to have a 200 tire on there (you need that)

2. then you mount a honda steed engine in it (the larger you can get the better it is)

3. throw on some really long forks with some monkey bars (long and tall, then you can't turn, but you will have a better ride (i think))

4. You realize that you had a good bike to begin with, and sells this one to buy a larger bike that is more comfortable and fits you.

ITS A HONDA PHANTOM, leave it like it is, when you change stuff on it, you will look like a clown!!!

Ps. whatever you do, please post some pictures so we can all look at your ride...

"ITS A HONDA PHANTOM, leave it like it is, when you change stuff on it, you will look like a clown!!!" He is right. People who try to be badass on a phantom are very pathetic, even more pathetic that people who spend 900,000 baht on a HD in Thailand so that they can look cool while they melt in traffic.