What Do You Think Is Missing In Pattaya?

MrZM

class.

'Morals and ethics'

eh ?!? blink.png

Care to elaborate oh wise one ?

Not sure I need to, but I will, all the same!!!

All I need say is 'walking street, bar girls, jet skis, the police, taxi drivers.....need I go on???

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

class.

'Morals and ethics'

eh ?!? blink.png

All I need say is 'walking street, bar girls, jet skis, the police, taxi drivers.....need I go on???

Fair play - and I'm not going to argue on any of those sad.png.

I would add though that Pattaya still has a lot going for it and there are many, many alternate locations in SE Asia / E Asia / S Asia and for that matter the rest of the world, that have similar pitfalls.

The point of the OP was to try and pinpoint what could be added to make Pattaya even better - and I think the winner is more green places, in and around the city.

'Morals and ethics'

eh ?!? blink.png

Fair play - and I'm not going to argue on any of those sad.png.

I would add though that Pattaya still has a lot going for it and there are many, many alternate locations in SE Asia / E Asia / S Asia and for that matter the rest of the world, that have similar pitfalls.

The point of the OP was to try and pinpoint what could be added to make Pattaya even better - and I think the winner is more green places, in and around the city.

Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy Pattaya as it is vibrant and fun - although only for a shortish holiday there if the truth be known.

Unfortunately, there are some things that give it a bad name and would be nigh impossible to eradicate - such as the corruption and scams, as well as the perceived impression of it being a 'dirty old man's paradise' with all of the unsavoury things that go on related to this aspect!!

I assume that you live there and as long as you are happy (I admire your defence of it by the way) then I don't see a problem!!

Pedestrian Overpasses. Not only for convienence but for business.For example at the Avenue going across 2nd road.

And people at City Hall who would have the ability to choose overpasses instead of the ridiculous traffic lights.

Edited by morrobay

The past.

Yes, I remember when this place was a virtual ghost town in July and August. That made the "high season" more tolerable. Now it seems we have a never ending from Sukhumvit to the beach year round.

Edited by Rimmer
Thai Language

The past.

Yes, I remember when this place was a virtual ghost town in July and August. That made the "high season" more tolerable. Now it seems we have a never ending from Sukhumvit to the beach year round.

yes. I noticed a huge overall increase in traffic congestion starting in 2008 I would say. There was no "low season" as far as number of people. Not sure anybody was spending money but it sure was crowded. I didn't mind the off season. The less people more than compensated for the higher temperatures. I assume, based on observations that more Thais were heading there because Pattaya is one of the larger cities that has some infrastructure and many were heading out of Bangkok. I also think there was a large percentage in Russians figuring out they could get there easily and hang out somewhat cheaply.