Testing Your Password

Tywais

The password for my TrueCrypt volume would apparently take 27 decillion years to crack, assuming of course that the FBI/CIA/Homeland Security etc. don't have a back door.

Yes, the one I checked was for my Truecrypt volume: 42 nonillion years = 42x10^54 or 42x10^30, depending on whether you're British or not. I don't know which definition the site uses.

My password for this site would be cracked, apparently, "almost instantly". sad.png

The password for my TrueCrypt volume would apparently take 27 decillion years to crack, assuming of course that the FBI/CIA/Homeland Security etc. don't have a back door.

You can't seriously believe that ANY password can't be cracked by the FBI can you ?

using a desktop PC , as stated by the OP

You can't seriously believe that ANY password can't be cracked by the FBI can you ?

Did you think the FBI was going to use a lawnmower to do it ? Or a cray 3 supercomputer ? I'm sure their desktop can do the job even though they could do it with a laptop !

FYI............ Every comnputer has an individual acess code obtainable by the FBI that gives access to 100 percent of the Data. They don't even need to bother to crack passwords.

Edited by MrRealDeal

Did you think the FBI was going to use a lawnmower to do it ? Or a cray 3 supercomputer ? I'm sure their desktop can do the job even though they could do it with a laptop !

FYI............ Every comnputer has an individual acess code obtainable by the FBI that gives access to 100 percent of the Data. They don't even need to bother to crack passwords.

Why would they use a lawnmower? Do they use ride ons for mobile accessing?

Apparently 'pussy' is in the top 10 of popular passwords. I know, I know, I have way to much time to kill.

Lot of animal lovers out there I guess. wink.png

Internet is full LOLcats.

How safe is it typing your passwords into a site like this?

Hum, good idea. Enter my real password on a unknown non secure site...

Well, typing in your password into this website is not bad at all, unless you provide your e-mail/username/etc with it. It's like saying "1234" out loud is a danger to everyone whose PIN number is 1234.

It isn't.

Well, typing in your password into this website is not bad at all, unless you provide your e-mail/username/etc with it. It's like saying "1234" out loud is a danger to everyone whose PIN number is 1234.

It isn't.

Really? They can't see you IP address and Mac address when you log onto a server?

• Like 1

Do you have any citation for this?

It isn't.

Really? They can't see you IP address and Mac address when you log onto a server?

They can see your IP address, but not your MAC. But that doesn't help them at all unless, say, Google is willing to turn over their logs of IPs connected to usernames, which then they could use in conjunction to get access to your account. And only if your IP never changes, which, especially in Thailand, is unlikely. And even if they had your MAC, all that would tell them is that you're not the other 500000 people who's visited their website today.

It's like you can give a random stranger your bank account number and your PIN number and the first 13 digits of your credit card, but he won't be able to do anything unless he knows your billing address, birthday, postal code, your signature, and has your face.

Edit: and answer your security questions, have the remaining digits, know your branch and recent transactions, yadda yadda yadda.

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

It isn't.

Not if you're connected through a vpn