Where To Dump Construction Debris,Old Paint,Tile Etc Near Rawai?

zungmay

i think they take it at the solid waste incineration plant. if you are going toward immigration from dowrung school direction, when you pass the vehicle licensing office on your right, and you get to the lights, don't turn left to saphan hin/immigration, just go straight on. at the end of the road is the incinerator plant.

I know when I want to get rid of old paint, I do what my friend (has a painting business) does back in the states: Open the paint cans and set them out for a few days or a week. The paint inside turns from liquid to solid and then he puts them out in a garbage bag for the garbage truck.

Yeah, all my Thai neighbors just throw contruction debris out across the street (so that it looks like a dump) I keep cleaning an area to park my car but they often park theirs in that spot. I really need to go clean out more spots. You'd think that sooner or later, they'd get the idea. (but after 5 years, haven't seen it yet)

The garbage truck will take anything I put in bags or containers. Break it down if you have to. Because if you hire someone, they'll just dump it down by the Muslim cemetery nearby.

I've never heard of nor seen a landfill, but I've seen new garbage dumps pop up all over and grow within days.

I was on a mountain bike ride a few months back and popped out of the woods on a well traveled road. It was headed uphill so I followed it until it hit a rather steep canyon. Even before I hit the landfill, I could smell the trash and burning. There were several people there picking through the trash and it looked pretty much like landfills back in the USA when I was growing up in the sixties. When I headed down, I ran into several trucks, none of which looked the same going up to dump their loads. So there are landfills here. Mountain biking around the hills here I often run into places where people have pulled up and dumped their loads. I keep looking for our construction trash which I think I would recognize but the crew must have went to the official designated dump site which is better than a dump and run.

Pick any quiete back road.Mind you around Nai Harn lake was popular dumping spot for a while.

That's the Thai way

Even the Thais are getting sick of the amount of garbage being dumped all over and around the once beautiful sois of their neighborhoods and signs, handwritten and orborjor threatening fines are popping up everywhere now. It's lazy and disgusting. DON'T pay someone to take it away, they'll just pocket your money and dump it round the corner. Where's the respect for nature here? Seek out a designated dump site. Edited by bosunhiggs

There does not seem to be any designated dumping sites for any type of rubbish including garden waste

Which can be recycled into mulch and sold

If you put your garden waste in large plastic bags the Rawai garbage truck will pick it up. Or you could make your own compost bin...

There does not seem to be any designated dumping sites for any type of rubbish including garden waste

If you put your garden waste in large plastic bags the Rawai garbage truck will pick it up. Or you could make your own compost bin...

Already use black plastic bags heavy duty for garbage truck and put holes in them because people were emptying the bags into the rubbish cages and taking the bags to use again

Tried to buy a mulcher like i had in Australia which mulches very fine which is ideal for making compost but the ones i have seen here do not mulch fine enough

Already use black plastic bags heavy duty for garbage truck and put holes in them because people were emptying the bags into the rubbish cages and taking the bags to use again

Tried to buy a mulcher like i had in Australia which mulches very fine which is ideal for making compost but the ones i have seen here do not mulch fine enough

You don't need a shredder to make compost, although it is quicker. There are several designs on this web site, from simple to a bit of work. http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G6957